Makan!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
redstone said:
Really admire those for eat at hotel restaurants very often... :(

don't really have to admire.. hotel or restaurants not always taste better than kopitiam
ha ha... just to make you feel better :bsmilie:

bowwow said:
point no.1: foie gras means "fatty liver". it can refer to duck liver which would make it "foie gras de canard" or goose liver," foie gras d'Oie". Each has its own characteristic and better suited for different forms of preparation although they're are quite interchangable.

point no.2: foie gras can be pan-fried. it is a traditional and classical way of preparation. Although if you want to talk about really traditional then there's confit, en touchon, mousse, terrine. It can also be roasted whole, pan-roasted, grilled, poached, marinated and served raw, stuffed, as part of a forcemeat, deep-fried or even be made into an ice-cream.

it is not the localisation of local tastebuds that have produced pan-fried foie gras. It has been done this way by the French for years. It is also one of the best ways of appreciating foie gras; where there is a nice crispy crust and a soft, almost molten center. For this method of preparation the liver from the duck is better suited as the taste is more subtle and matches well with the harsh heat treatment of pan-frying.

how do I know all this? I used to be the chef at Amuse Bouche.:)

bowwow,

Thks for all the info. I miss the prev Lighthouse so much!!
I celebrate my birthday once at Lighthouse, then move on
to Amuse Bouche.

Any french restaurant you would like to recommend?

redstone said:
Really admire those for eat at hotel restaurants very often... :(

No need to admire. Some people spend a lot on toys e.g. photography equip...
Some people spend a lot on travelling.
Some people spend a lot on smoking, alcohol.
Me spend a lot on makan.

Well, I got some friends really stingy eating outside, but they are financially strong.
For me, "Don't eat, wait for what?"

Eat, eat, eat... Still gotta take care of health ok!

"Affordable" Korean food at Cineleisure Food Court.
Nice nice!

LolliPoP said:
bowwow,

to Amuse Bouche.

I was at the lighthouse as well, but I was in transition between the outgoing chef and the incoming chef....

For French, I'd recommend Au Jardin at the Botanics Garden. St. Julian as well. There's always Raffles Grill although I'm not very sure about the food standards there now.

LolliPoP said:
bowwow,

to Amuse Bouche.

If u missed the Lighthouse and Amuse Bouche so much and you had dine there during the time of Gunther; @Sept2002 to Jan2004 then you can get his cuisine at Les Amis. He's running the kitchen there now.

bowwow said:
If u missed the Lighthouse and Amuse Bouche so much and you had dine there during the time of Gunther; @Sept2002 to Jan2004 then you can get his cuisine at Les Amis. He's running the kitchen there now.

Now then i know he's at Les Amis. Coming birthday must go there!!
Many thks for the info.

bowwow said:
I was at the lighthouse as well, but I was in transition between the outgoing chef and the incoming chef....

Don understand. Haha.. R u a main chef as well?
With Les Amis Group now?

One of my favorite Japanese restaurant is Miramar hotel's Ikoi. Eat all you can buffet. $35 net, inclusive of GST. Very fresh sashimi. Sometimes required advance booking.

Of course, because it is near my place.

best jap restaurant has to be the inagiku at Raffles City The Stamford.... you won't regret it but you may burn a hole in your pocket!

Status
Not open for further replies.