Macro questions...

Since I already have dedicated Macro lens, what is the advantage for having Raynox attach on it?

Since I already have dedicated Macro lens, what is the advantage for having Raynox attach on it?

Enhanced magnification bro, raynox itself is a magnifiying glass.. So as to achieve more than 1:1 :)

Disadvantages being very shallow dof, so its more well suited in handheld where focusing will need to be precise.

Last edited:

U can get more than 1:1 with a raynox on a macro lens u will get close to 2:1 magnification without croping plus a Raynox will not losing any light.

There are many ways to get higher than 1:1.

1. Extension tube with kenko 36mm tubes onto a 100mm macro lens can get close to 2:1 with out losing the IQ of the lens and also will not lose any light.

2. Raynoz is like using close up filter, which depends on the diopter number... for raynox can achieve also around 2:1 actually like 1.8 or 1.65 or something

3. Using a televconverter - u get 2:1 on a macro lens if u set the macro lens to 1:1.. U also will get a added advantage is that u get to shoot at 1:1 at a increassed distance rather than ur usual focus length.

4. Setting a 50mm reverse onto a normal 100mm u get 2:1 and if u use on a 100mm macro u get 3:1.

5. using macro bellow for much more than 2:1, it works like the MPE-65 but u will get a heavier set up u need the macro rails and all just to hold the camera and lens in place

6.Using the MPE65 best and sweetest with UD. 5:1 power.

I have tried using macro lens with raynox plus teleconverter.... I got like close to 4...

but all those set up u will sure get very short DOF.... no way to escape that.