M1 wireless b band is everyhwere at $22/month

Status
Not open for further replies.
How does the $38 pkg compare with the $22, in real world terms ? Can you actually feel the difference in speed ? I'm thinking most of the peeps will cheong for the $22 one, if get the $38 one, got any advantage over the crowd ?

i will take up 22 dollars plan.. because i believe 6 months later.. things will change again.. tat Wireless@SG may be spread to more areas. :think:

Mine's the 38 dollars one. Cheaper and higher speed then my "current" one.

to be able compete with global players at least we need to speak proper english. And yes, it's COMPETE, not COMPLETE :D

:bsmilie:
Didn't have my secretary run thru spell check. But you get the idea.

../azul123

Wah, you post in forum also must run thru Secretary one ar.

Ya lah, me being cynical mah, since people pick on the slightest error, so must also suan mah..

:bsmilie:

../azul123

Mine's the 38 dollars one. Cheaper and higher speed then my "current" one.

i was initially considering that $38 plan but come to think of it again.. i dun really need that speed.. 384k is currently enough to surf clubsnap, msn chat and stock markets all at one go. I dun look at Youtube video nor mobile TV.. so it is ok.

i believe 6 months down the road.. tat 512k by Wireless@SG will be spread to most HDB estates.. and maybe even upgraded. :sweatsm:

Hmmmm.... 6 mths later many of those Singtel and Starhub fellas currently tied down by contract all chiong for free bb after their contract expires. Wonder what the situation will be like then.

Well, I am using it right now and it seems alright. My MSN seems to drop its connection once in a rare while... but other than, it's rockin'! ;)

ordered!! can't wait for it to arrive, then don't need to beg my client's IT manager for stupid network, Fool keep thinking im gonna hack into their system if he gives me wireless access.

Loser

Hmmmm.... 6 mths later many of those Singtel and Starhub fellas currently tied down by contract all chiong for free bb after their contract expires. Wonder what the situation will be like then.

that is the reason why i refuse to extend my contract for a free laptop or TV... the savings from using a free internet could actually buy you 2-3 laptops in a year... becos laptops are going to be even cheaper next year.

that is the reason why i refuse to extend my contract for a free laptop or TV... the savings from using a free internet could actually buy you 2-3 laptops in a year... becos laptops are going to be even cheaper next year.

mac won't be cheaper lor.. the Windows ones yes..

if u are lucky enf to stay near the free zone then its convenient lor. but the download speed will be slow, and if u don't download alot i think its all worth it, but if u download like me.. then 512 is not even near anyway satisfactory lor.. and also the uploading speed will also be affected

if u calcluate the price plans with the price of the lappies, and free modems and sometimes routers, u're only paying ard $30/mth for a connection with substaintial speed like 10mb line which is very fast!!!!!

How does the $38 pkg compare with the $22, in real world terms ? Can you actually feel the difference in speed ? I'm thinking most of the peeps will cheong for the $22 one, if get the $38 one, got any advantage over the crowd ?

if you surf in cbd area then get $38. if you surf else where $22 one will do. cos 3.6mbps only in cbd according to m1 web.

if you surf in cbd area then get $38. if you surf else where $22 one will do. cos 3.6mbps only in cbd according to m1 web.

hi ! not true.. i worked in raffles place.. $22 plan at 384k is tested fast enough to monitor stock market at streaming live, msn chat and read hotmail at one go.

most software applications can run well at 384k, however for Youtube, Metacafe.. videos downloads, i confirm u need a 4M maxonline at least for smooth viewing.

this m1 broadband is more for pple on the move.. those PDA, laptop pple.. and pple who want "privacy" for the websites they surf in workplace.

:lovegrin:

hi ! not true.. i worked in raffles place.. $22 plan at 384k is tested fast enough to monitor stock market at streaming live, msn chat and read hotmail at one go.

most software applications can run well at 384k, however for Youtube, Metacafe.. videos downloads, i confirm u need a 4M maxonline at least for smooth viewing.

this m1 broadband is more for pple on the move.. those PDA, laptop pple.. and pple who want "privacy" for the websites they surf in workplace.

:lovegrin:

wah..thats good to know. thanks for the info :bsmilie: i still thinking whether to sign up :p

Please read the T&C, they've finally placed the 2GB / month traffic limit in a more prominent area.

2006 going 07 and we still have this kind of unlimited limits... ;(

Please read the T&C, they've finally placed the 2GB / month traffic limit in a more prominent area.

2006 going 07 and we still have this kind of unlimited limits... ;(

True but if you think $22 for 2GB of data access, worth it.

i almost got the $38 plan but held back as i don't know what to expect for the speed. those who are on the 1.8 Mbps plan, how's the speed? would appreciate if you can share.

also, i enquired about the 2GB data per month thingy. the guy said that they will monitor your activity if it busts the 2GB mark. if they find that you are doing illegal stuff, then they will charge you. if your access is legal, then you might not be charge for the extra bytes downloaded. the guy who told me looks like a college kid on vacation job.

anybody else asked about the Fair Surf Policy?

Status
Not open for further replies.