LX2 going to ROCK...

Status
Not open for further replies.
On the black LX2 vs the d-lux3. $100 savings was worth the savings for me vs a pretty box. If I had money to burn I'd get the leica but poor is me.

Going camping next weekend in Acadia, Maine and will be putting the camera to the test.

check out basslinegfx on flickr. some great shots with the LX2:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=lx2&w=59315060@N00

On the black LX2 vs the d-lux3. $100 savings was worth the savings for me vs a pretty box. If I had money to burn I'd get the leica but poor is me.

Going camping next weekend in Acadia, Maine and will be putting the camera to the test.

check out basslinegfx on flickr. some great shots with the LX2:

http://www.flickr.com/search/?q=lx2&w=59315060@N00

the places where you took the pics came out great. deep colors, sharp images..

http://www.cameralabs.com/reviews/PanasonicLX2/page6.shtml

sadly,, still not great noise performance above ISO 200.

sad to say its true but if you were to reduce the 10 megapix file by 50% most of the noise is sorta hidden - in real life applications i think it works perfectly. I defintely will not boost up a P&S camera shot to A3 for printing.

However, silly of panny to up the pixel count on a same size sensor...

sad to say its true but if you were to reduce the 10 megapix file by 50% most of the noise is sorta hidden - in real life applications i think it works perfectly. I defintely will not boost up a P&S camera shot to A3 for printing.

kinda pointless to have to do that tho... especially when theres really no excuse for poor ISO performance these days.

By the way i just shot RAW, and frankly speaking ISO200 in RAW, noise is still pretty controllable. Other than the F30, i think i havent really seen a P&S camera doing that well ISO400 onwards...

Is LX2 really going to Rock...? ...or cannot climb out of the shadow of LX1 :dunno:

"Oh, at last, I can take a quick nap...it's been a long day."
262833798_2c3d7f92ff_o.jpg

http://www.flickr.com/photos/jocaleb/262833798/ ISO200 F8 1/40

Heys guys, from what i see LX2 have manual mode right ?
Able to set shutter speed and aperture ?

MY BRO BOUGHT ONE lx2 RECENTLY AND ALSO COMPLIANT ABT NOISE AT 1S0 400. JUST THINKING IF THAT IS THE CASE, THERE IS NO REASON TO BUY LX2 IF U STILL CAN GET A LX1. 2.5' SCREEN IS GD ENOUGH AND THE 2 MEGAPIXEL MORE ONLY PRODUCE MORE NOISE. THATS JUST MY PERSONAL OPINION.:)

Heys guys, from what i see LX2 have manual mode right ?
Able to set shutter speed and aperture ?

Yes. It has P,A,S and M modes.

:bsmilie: I like this statement (from dpreview's LX2 Review):

"Not ideal for: Casual 'snap shot' photographers, anyone who takes most of their pictures in low light (particularly if you always leave your camera on 'auto everything')."

Here are some of my humble shots with LX2. C&C are welcome. Thanks. ;)

sunset_3.jpg

sunset_11.jpg

sunset_2.jpg

:bigeyes:

care to share the kind of setting u used?
for a while i tawt filter was used...:think:

Looks like the last pic could have been taken on mars :eek:

Just a question since wide-angle is only available in 16:9 mode, do you guys mainly look at pics on the screen or are there photo shops where you can print 16:9 photos? I'm asking because I am going to Malaysia and I can't easily backup my photos while I'm there.

Looks like the last pic could have been taken on mars :eek:

Just a question since wide-angle is only available in 16:9 mode, do you guys mainly look at pics on the screen or are there photo shops where you can print 16:9 photos? I'm asking because I am going to Malaysia and I can't easily backup my photos while I'm there.
If you print normal 4R fit-in, you get white borders on top and bottom that's all.

:bigeyes:

care to share the kind of setting u used?
for a while i tawt filter was used...:think:

hi eejal,

Sorry, for the setting i m not able to tell u as i can't see the pic i post here. I only can see the ClubSnap logo. Anyone here know how to solve this problem?
If i am not wrong, most of the pic i took that day are shooting in Manual, f/4 to f/7
Yup, i use cokin sunset filter to add some effect. Although it makes the pic looks not real, but I like the effect. ;p especially the one which looks like Mars. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.