Lumix DMC-TZ5 in SG already or not?

Status
Not open for further replies.
...Just want to check with you guys. Is the video playback smooth to you ?

Hi nicky, both videos, are not jerky on one of the laptops I tested. I playbacked using VLC player...and the laptop isn't a very high-end one, a old Fujitsu with no dedicated graphics card...

Btw, which EY branch is that?

Btw, which EY branch is that?

I'm not sure which EY branch coz I didn't take those videos. Those were links to samples I found online.

hi,

i am using a tz15; but i find the image a lot softer than my sold tz1. is it normal?

thanks in advance

hi,

i am using a tz15; but i find the image a lot softer than my sold tz1. is it normal?

thanks in advance

Hi bro,

Are you using the same setting on both camera? :)

both shot in full auto mode;

i just feel that the details on the TZ1 when i zoom in is sharper than the TZ5; could it be becos of the heavy noise reduction?

having some problems with recording video
after a couple of minutes of video recording the camera complains about slow memory and quits!
Have a SD4/4GB Kingston.
Is this normal?
Should get faster memory? Costs?
Any advice will be appreciated.
Thanks

after a couple of minutes of video recording the camera complains about slow memory and quits!
Have a SD4/4GB Kingston.
Is this normal?
Thanks

perhaps you gotta purchase a 4G SDHC kingston which cost you around $30. i've tried with normal card, isn't a problem, try to reformat your card and reset your camera.

perhaps you gotta purchase a 4G SDHC kingston which cost you around $30. i've tried with normal card, isn't a problem, try to reformat your card and reset your camera.

thanks! The SDHC is faster?
Salesperson told me give me the "fastest" card liao.. true?

how to reformat the card and reset the cam?

tks a million!

Maybe a Kingston class 6 SDHC or Ultra 2 or Extreme SDHC might help in the video mode? :)

Maybe a Kingston class 6 SDHC or Ultra 2 or Extreme SDHC might help in the video mode? :)

thanks!
any idea costs and vendor?
thanks

thanks! The SDHC is faster?
Salesperson told me give me the "fastest" card liao.. true?

how to reformat the card and reset the cam?

tks a million!

connect your card to PC right click and to go properties.

go to camera setting and reset settings, not in IA mode.

connect your card to PC right click and to go properties.

go to camera setting and reset settings, not in IA mode.

thanks.. reformat and tested same results
apparently due to writing speed of the card, requires 20Mb/s
see http://forums.steves-digicams.com/forums/view_topic.php?id=590885&forum_id=23

apparently sandisk extreme 3 can support that speed
anyone knows where to buy and price?
tks

Hi, sorry for asking a stupid qns.. i dunoe the abt the class of the SD cards.. but does a normal SDHC card suffice? cuz i m thinking of getting this cam.. are users satisfied with the indoor shots??

Hi, sorry for asking a stupid qns.. i dunoe the abt the class of the SD cards.. but does a normal SDHC card suffice? cuz i m thinking of getting this cam.. are users satisfied with the indoor shots??
photo, yes... video depends on what resolution u are shooting. class4 sld be good enough.

photo, yes... video depends on what resolution u are shooting. class4 sld be good enough.

Oh.. but previously Richardg said he had problems capturing the video.. "having some problems with recording video
after a couple of minutes of video recording the camera complains about slow memory and quits!" So that will apply to the HD videos onlY or all video capture modes??

Have a SD4/4GB Kingston.
Is this normal?
Thanks

changed to lexar platinum II 60x
now is ok
[thanks to alan photo, changed without hazzle]

Last edited:
Just found this thread:p Whats the best price for this cam now? Anyone has pictures to share?

just called up Parisilk...TZ15 going for $515 (cash/nets only) bundled with 2x 4GB SD card and original camera casing. MS selling the same bundle for $520 (cash/nets only)...if paying by credit card must add 2%.

just called up Parisilk...TZ15 going for $515 (cash/nets only) bundled with 2x 4GB SD card and original camera casing. MS selling the same bundle for $520 (cash/nets only)...if paying by credit card must add 2%.

I think nemesis32 have already decided on getting the LX3 instead....

Status
Not open for further replies.