Lower Prices in SLRR - Too Good to be True?

I bought my 550D there, so far all ok and the warranty is genuine as i checked with canon. I surveyed 2 to 3 shops in funan, so far they are the one who were able to give me a competitive price.

Hi all,

I finally made a trip down to SLRR to make my purchase - 5D MKII with BG-E6 and a 50mm F1.4. Service was quite good by Willy. Seems like 5D MKII was low in stock yesterday, tried one in shop unit and was going to make my purchase but last moment found out that the LCD had a quite-a-big speck of dust in the LCD screen. Not that I am picky but I wasn't quite sure where that came from and how it got there (could be a contaminant from assembly in Japan or the box was dropped during transportation thus causing the speck to dislodge and fall onto the screen). Asked for a switch with another unit and Willy obliged with no complains whatsoever; even went down to store to get one for me. 2nd unit was ok and after some scrutiny, made my payment and left the shop $3136 lighter in the wallet :). Must say 5D MKII is quite a good price now. I suspect it should be coming to the end of it's product life cycle: the old 5D was quoted for S$3100 after the MKII was launched.

Thank you everyone for the advice and tips!

yesterday morning i when SLRR to look for white Lumix GF-2, spoken to Ray, but he said the stock might taking few days to arriving, at the evening, he called me up to inform about the stock arrived !

after i read about SLRR feedback from you all, i decided to buy form them :)
by the way, this is my 1st time step in SLRR.

well i have bought 2 cameras from them very good service , preferred Ray =D

Also bought some stuff from SLRR. For my purchases, I always got the best prices from them. I also like their service, they don't do any hard selling tactics nor do they pressure you to buy something or other stuff. They just ask you what you need, and they give you their price.

I gotten my D90 kit from SLRR. Quite good service but they are very firm on the pricing. No room for bargain even when we're getting 2 sets altogether. Very friendly and helpful ppl.

Bought a Canon 24-105 from them before. good price and no issues. can't bargain anymore as it's usually their best price.

Last edited: