Lost my mobile phone, what are my chances of getting it back?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some time you run into people with the heart of an angel in the most unlikely places...

Eight years ago I dropped my handphone on a taxi in Guangzhou China. The taxi driver found it, but did not know how to use it. He took it to his friends and found out how to turn on the phone, and then left the phone on waiting for me to call.

When I called my handphone the driver answered and offered to deliver the phone to the place he picked me up from. I was initially cautious about the situation, thinking he might ask for a lot of money in exhange for the phone, but it turned out that he was genuinely a kind person who just wanterd to return the phone to me.

I still gave him some kopi money and he accepted after a few rounds of refusal and persuasion.

I did not take down his name nor can I remember his face after so many years. However, whenever I think about people who has done good to be in my life he is always remembered and I send good wishes to him.

Same here.

Many years ago I borrowed my wife's mobile phone and lost it in a public toilet. I let her know from a phone booth and she called her mobile phone's number. Someone who worked in a take-away-shop answered it. She quickly hopped on a taxi and went there to pick it up.

I think the guy saved me my life. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.