Looking for Sony V3

Status
Not open for further replies.

faisalee

Feb 16, 2005
Planet Earth
www.flickriver.com
Hi Guys,

I am looking for Sony V3, its been discontinued so where can I get it from. I have used a friend's V3 and vas very much impressed.

Now my brother back in Pakistan is asking me to buy one for him :)

Thanks & Best Regards,

Look here in the buy and sell thread...

Or look in Sim Lim Square.

V3 is a nice camera, but .... since it's already discontinue ... why not a H2/H5 , well without hot-shoe ... hehe

che3300 said:
V3 is a nice camera, but .... since it's already discontinue ... why not a H2/H5 , well without hot-shoe ... hehe

And less capabilities... The V3 has really fantastic image quality, better IR shots and sony's nightvision.

faisalee said:
Hi Guys,

I am looking for Sony V3, its been discontinued so where can I get it from. I have used a friend's V3 and vas very much impressed.

Now my brother back in Pakistan is asking me to buy one for him :)

Thanks & Best Regards,

Hi,

If you don't mind no local warranty, used or refurbished, there's a constant supply on ebay.com, the US market. Somne sellers even sell in a bundle with accessories and flash. But be very careful - ask lots of ques b4 u buy. I bought my Carl Zeiss lens on ebay previously, so far, so good.

I've been tracking it cuz wana buy one, the hologram itself is an attraction. But I'm fickle middled lah, so still haven't bought. Thinking of other makes with f2.8 constant throughout etc etc... gosh..:p

Hope this helps.

but without warranty, a little bit afraid.
but hey, it's your choice man.. :D

flourish said:
Hi,

If you don't mind no local warranty, used or refurbished, there's a constant supply on ebay.com, the US market. Somne sellers even sell in a bundle with accessories and flash. But be very careful - ask lots of ques b4 u buy. I bought my Carl Zeiss lens on ebay previously, so far, so good.

I've been tracking it cuz wana buy one, the hologram itself is an attraction. But I'm fickle middled lah, so still haven't bought. Thinking of other makes with f2.8 constant throughout etc etc... gosh..:p

Hope this helps.
I dont trust eBay man... My friend lost 300 US$ on ebay hehehe... He paid for a P900 HP that never arrived :bsmilie:

But you are right... The hologram and night vision are its biggest attraction. And warranty dont matter since its going to Pakistan local warranty in a non issue :p

faisalee said:
I dont trust eBay man... My friend lost 300 US$ on ebay hehehe... He paid for a P900 HP that never arrived :bsmilie:

But you are right... The hologram and night vision are its biggest attraction. :p

Oh.. sorry to hear that... but if your friend paid by PayPal, can get back losses or tell the bank to kinda 'freeze' his $ from being transferred (my fren said). For me, I checked the sellers' feedback (althou still not 100% foolproof lah) den asked ques. Usually, if sales over 3 days, quite safe.

The V3 pix quality is really good, I like the freedom of the hot-shoe - can do bounce flash. But switching from DSLR to pt n shoot, I'm still not used to the limitations.

flourish said:
Oh.. sorry to hear that... but if your friend paid by PayPal, can get back losses or tell the bank to kinda 'freeze' his $ from being transferred (my fren said). For me, I checked the sellers' feedback (althou still not 100% foolproof lah) den asked ques. Usually, if sales over 3 days, quite safe.

The V3 pix quality is really good, I like the freedom of the hot-shoe - can do bounce flash. But switching from DSLR to pt n shoot, I'm still not used to the limitations.
Yeah, switching from DSLR to PnS is not that easy!

The problem with my friend is that he paid by Western Union Monty Transfer :bsmilie: Once done he lost contact with the seller !

But I didnt knew that if paid by paypal one can recover the losses. Next time I will keep that in mind.

Thanks Bro.

faisalee said:
Yeah, switching from DSLR to PnS is not that easy!

The problem with my friend is that he paid by Western Union Monty Transfer :bsmilie: Once done he lost contact with the seller !

But I didnt knew that if paid by paypal one can recover the losses. Next time I will keep that in mind.

Thanks Bro.

Ok, that's stupid. The only people who insist on Western Union are the Nigerian Scammers or the Romanian scammers.

Rashkae said:
Ok, that's stupid. The only people who insist on Western Union are the Nigerian Scammers or the Romanian scammers.
Exactly... That was very stupid of him :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.