Looking for M6 TTL

Status
Not open for further replies.
Tachi,

could you pls share your experience about mail ordering from the US? E.g. the shipping, insurance, camera condition, return policies, etc.. I'm on the look out for the red dot, but have not had much success at TCW nor Prime.

You can try this shop 'Ron's cameras' at adelphi. I passed it yesterday and they seem to have quite a few Leica Ms

Before I made up my mind to get from overseas, I did my searching around Peninsula area too, but not successful due to the following reasons:

1) As anything of Leica comes with a price, they simply mark up the price of M6. I am not talking about those "speical" edition, as I am a user, not collector. Just my personal opinion.

2) Therefore I turn to photo.net leica forum for assistance. And there I found out that many working professionals have more than 1 body. Lucky for me, someone willing to sell me his backup body, which is a M6 TTL 0.58 mag.

So, if you do the same, you may like to request for body serial number and photos before even offering the price. Once you get the serial #, check it out in leica homepage to see if its a missing body. If you are satisfied with the camera, then you can discuss with the seller on a warranty period, normally around 1 week upon receival of item. Use this period to test out the camera.

The shipment would normally cost around US$30 to US$40 for 1st priority insured mail, takes around 5 to 7 days from US.

You may also like to take note that anything that you get from overseas for more than S$400, you will have to be 5% GST. The custom will normally send you a letter to claim the item and at the same time, he can make payment in the office. For my case, its located just beside the SingPost in Payar Lebar.

The same would apply for the lens. Hope this information is useful for your hunting of a Leica!!

Status
Not open for further replies.