Looking for actual day photographer on 19/11

Status
Not open for further replies.

studiolabmaster

Mar 15, 2004
Tampines SG
looking for photographer to cover my sis wedding day on 19/11/2005.Must be using Dlsr.
1]Images to be burn to cd only.
2]full day service quote or night dinner service quote only.
pls leave down your contact and name.
detail will be given to selected candidate.
best if portfolio is suppored.experience is a must.

Lawrence

keep your quote personal,send me a private message.pls also tell me which model and len u are using.thanks :)

Hi there,

I'm pretty surprise to find plp begining to ask what lens the photographer is using for shoots! Wow... it seems that the expectations on WHAT EQUIPMENT is overpowering on WHAT PHOTOS you can produce. :think:

Anyway, this is in the wrong post. :)

Good luck in your search

i'm just interested to find out also,no offence.
I'm not trying to be funny,but some photographer are using those really cheap len like the 18-55 kit which is lousy and they just used programme mode f-stop 3.5-5.6!!!
USing this len should at least used f6.3 for better result.
this are just example.
arttl said:
Hi there,

I'm pretty surprise to find plp begining to ask what lens the photographer is using for shoots! Wow... it seems that the expectations on WHAT EQUIPMENT is overpowering on WHAT PHOTOS you can produce. :think:

Good luck in your search

arttl said:
Hi there,

Good luck in your search
well.. if someone pays me 5k for a wedding, i dun mind telling them even the brand of my batteries. :bsmilie:

ok back to topic:

studiolabmaster: i shoot weddings freelance, perhaps you and your sis can swing by www.expressivelyjoho.com

if u like my work, then we can talk price.. and er... wat lens i use. ;p

arttl said:
Hi there,

Good luck in your search

Actually, that sounds fine to me. Some people might want to print large sizes for certain memorable (and highly detailed) shots. The lens used would make quite a difference here.

hahaha, in that case, package for medium format different oredi sia!

studiolabmaster said:
i'm just interested to find out also,no offence.
I'm not trying to be funny,but some photographer are using those really cheap len like the 18-55 kit which is lousy and they just used programme mode f-stop 3.5-5.6!!!
USing this len should at least used f6.3 for better result.
this are just example.

so will their portfolio matter then? there are many talented cs photographers but not all of them can afford the 85 1.2 (the grandmaster of wedding lenses according to some).

GitS said:
so will their portfolio matter then? there are many talented cs photographers but not all of them can afford the 85 1.2 (the grandmaster of wedding lenses according to some).

Actually, I believe he's just making sure that the photographer won't be using those cheapo plastic lenses with underwhelming optical quality. Seems that people are misinterpreting that point.

imaginary_number said:
Actually, I believe he's just making sure that the photographer won't be using those cheapo plastic lenses with underwhelming optical quality. Seems that people are misinterpreting that point.

The point should be about producing great pictures. IMO, for a wedding, composition and ability to capture the mood are far more important than absolute sharpness of the individual images. Somebody who has that eye and can shoot it with a digital IXUS would get my money over somebody who is ho-hum with a 1DMk2 and 200/1.8. If I like somebody's portfolio very much I wouldn't give 2 hoots what equipment he uses.

just to make sure the photographer don't used full auto for my sis wedding.if so.must as well shoot it with a p&S cam.For example,who will shoot group with a f2.8?
I don't think so.if the print was to be a 8x12.the images is gone!!!
but creative shot welcome but some people just do not have common sense,cos with digital nowsaday,everyone could claim they are pro photographer.But results tells.
sorry if any are offended.
Amatuers nowaday will dare to claim to be a pro as digital is so instant.But who reallydare to used film when they are newbies and start off taking jobs when dslr are not invented..........
Just my point of view.
No WAR PLS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

dkw said:
The point should be about producing great pictures. IMO, for a wedding, composition and ability to capture the mood are far more important than absolute sharpness of the individual images. Somebody who has that eye and can shoot it with a digital IXUS would get my money over somebody who is ho-hum with a 1DMk2 and 200/1.8. If I like somebody's portfolio very much I wouldn't give 2 hoots what equipment he uses.

Yes, I do agree that the central point is about producing great pictures, and people would love to have good copies (and maybe large prints) of these great pictures - that's why image quality is important. If you covered a wedding before, you'll know that doing a large print of a group shot (>50 ppl) taken with a cheapo lens isn't going to be a good thing - I've seen the disastrous result before.

And lest I get misunderstood, let me just stress that I'm not undermining the aesthetic aspect of photography - yes, good composition, capturing the moment, etc. are important, but I'm suggesting that given 2 photographers with equal talent, I'll take the one with a better lens over the one with a cheapo plastic lens anytime.

I guess what I and a few others are trying to say is that the correlation between the final product and available equipment is not very strong. I wouldn't base my decision on who to hire on what equipment the photog has, not one bit. For instance, at my sister's wedding, I lugged around far more equipment and more expensive stuff than the hired pro. Were his shots worse than mine? Thankfully not! The end result is all that matters, and the photogs portfolio will give you some indication of that. If he can achieve great, sharp pictures with a lousy plastic mount kit lens, then more power to him! By all means, shop around, look at portfolios, ask difficult questions. Its your money and its your right. But to my mind, to ask a photog what equipment he uses is a totally irrelevant question and I am not even half-interested in knowing the answer. Of course, YMMV, as always :) .

Cheers,

studiolabmaster said:
but creative shot welcome but some people just do not have common sense,cos with digital nowsaday,everyone could claim they are pro photographer.But results tells.
sorry if any are offended.
Amatuers nowaday will dare to claim to be a pro as digital is so instant.But who reallydare to used film when they are newbies and start off taking jobs when dslr are not invented..........
Just my point of view.
No WAR PLS>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

Yeah, i believe some with 2yrs or so experience down here shooting only digital can really talk theory, but throw them a SLR, they will say sorry, cannot see TV behind.

No offend to anyone, but hack, see too many ppl claim alot, but comes down to photography manually, who dare to talk much....

Sigh, photography may reach a certain level with advance of technology, but comes to the real art of film, experience, how to do effects in dark room etc,it is sad to see that it will soon be a long lost skills.

dkw said:
I guess what I and a few others are trying to say is that the correlation between the final product and available equipment is not very strong. I wouldn't base my decision on who to hire on what equipment the photog has, not one bit. For instance, at my sister's wedding, I lugged around far more equipment and more expensive stuff than the hired pro. Were his shots worse than mine? Thankfully not! The end result is all that matters, and the photogs portfolio will give you some indication of that. If he can achieve great, sharp pictures with a lousy plastic mount kit lens, then more power to him! By all means, shop around, look at portfolios, ask difficult questions. Its your money and its your right. But to my mind, to ask a photog what equipment he uses is a totally irrelevant question and I am not even half-interested in knowing the answer. Of course, YMMV, as always :) .

Cheers,

Sure, I'm with u on the idea that the end result is the most important, but it's specifically the end result that the client wants or might want. The point is, having an optically underperforming lens is a physical limitation and you can't re-create details that weren't captured - no matter how great a photog u are. So if a client wants images from an optically superior lens so that he/she can make larger prints, optimal (not necessarily the best in existence) quality would be desired, and this certainly leaves out those cheapo lenses. Or let's say the client specifically wants ambient light shots in a typical dimly-lit ballroom, a slow lens wouldn't stand a chance in this context. That's the crux here - not wat you or the others want and yes, that's why you're also right about "YMMV". ;)

Once again, I'm certainly not advocating that the lenses a photog uses determines his/her talent. But with talent and the appropriate equipment, that's where you'll get excellent end results.

Back to the topic, I find the threadstarter's request to be reasonable. Questioning his rationale for such a request also seems ok to me. But to miscontrue it and make skewed conclusions with one's preconceived notions certainly doesn't seem right to me.

all the while i thought that what equipment use is not that important as long as a photographer produces good sharp photos. but as an official photographer, espeacially into wedding shoot-out, what u use is sometimes useful to clear off curious people looking at you....at least an armature pro series.
one case here was when i was shooting a wedding dinner with my nikon F100,
a guy walk up close to me and take a look at my camera......once he realised that i'm not using a digital camera.......he told me just like that..."ah!!!??? you are still using film ah!!!????.....not digital ah???" ......he shaked his head and walk off........ :dunno: hmmm....kind of adding pressure to my work. although there is nothing wrong here on what i'm doing but other people looks at it differently........so now adays when covering events on films......i always have my digital camera with me.......just in case i need it also.....and at the same time i can shoot peacefully.

studiolabmaster said:
looking for photographer to cover my sis wedding day on 19/11/2005.Must be using Dlsr.
1]Images to be burn to cd only.
2]full day service quote or night dinner service quote only.
pls leave down your contact and name.
detail will be given to selected candidate.
best if portfolio is suppored.experience is a must.

Lawrence

I recommend Sok Eng, she took my wedding. She is good :thumbsup:
I think she is using Canon 1Ds MK II now....
You can check her webby http://www.BerryHappy.com

lets be rational.people in singapore see more onthe big body rather than quality,but for me,just want to know what u guys are using only, no other meaning.
JUST WANT TO KNOW WHAT BODY AND LEN U GUYS USING ONLY.
But QUALITY AND FRIENDLY AND KNOW HOW STILL MATTERS TO ME RATHER THAN PRO BODY OR PRO LEN.
SORRY TO ALL IF U ARE OFFENDED>>>>>>>>>>>>>>I"M POOR IN ENGLISH
:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

i think there's no point debating.. i guess to each his own, for some customers, maybe those that know a little about photography, want to ensure that the equipment they use is "up to the job"... that said, a camera takes photos, so any cam can also take but yeah.. let's leave it at that.

i think someone mentioned the ability to blow up big. well then that's different altogether. i mean if someone were to tell me, i dun care about money, but i want all my 300 photos to be in 12"x15" size. then i will tell the customer, i can't guarantee every photo sharp, becos at that size, EVERYTHING can be seen. slight shake, post processing.. USM...

so if the customer dun think i can do it becos i can't guarantee him wat he wants, then who cares wat equipment i use?

and whoever that said use medium format (i know it was a joke!) to shoot AD..... :sweat: :sweat: :sweat: i dun think so... :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.