Looking for 70s 80s items

Status
Not open for further replies.
Try ALL.

Brown paper, mahjong paper and cloth. Best part is they are all cheap! Just try all and get a 'feel' for each when you work with the different materials. Along the way, you would have learnt a few things. ;)

Oh, if you don't mind I offer an opinion when you said ?

Get a grasp of the basics first, then use what you know to explore. No use play masak masak rojak chap chye, because even if you get something very nice, you might not even know how you did it, or why it came out that way, and cannot repeat it.

haha! just tat wanna noe paper or cloth better or my dad will start nagging again. say i buy this n that then dun use.

i definately dun mind opinions n criticisms as long as they r not sacastic :D

Well, your father is your problem. :bsmilie:

Really.

As for sarcasm, sometimes, even negative things can be used positively, but yeah, sarcasm can be very damaging and is usually very difficult to accept and manage.

If you ever see me being harsh, believe me, I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I'm just being brutally honest. :kiss:

Hi,

I am trying to gather some 70s 80s items for an album documenting Singapore's past. I have been to Sungei Road to search for some but it seems so endless. There are so many items that I wish to own but I have limited budget. Things like the 1st generation pager and mobile phone (the water bottle or 大哥大), ring dial land phone, SLR, NS Booklet, Enlistment Letter (from 70s-90s), etc.

If you happened to have these items and you are willing to lend them for awhile, please give me a PM. I would appreciate it very much. After the shoot, I will return you the item and with a print as well. :D

Please help me with documenting Singapore's past, I realise it is very difficult to do this because everything is advancing so fast. Let's get back some of our young childhood/adulthood.

Thanks!

theres a shop at the Leisure Square or something. the "new" shopping mall beside the national stadium....

2nd floor.. sells LOTS of items dating to that time period... go check it out there... sure u will be rewarded with your time spent there... :thumbsup:

theres a shop at the Leisure Square or something. the "new" shopping mall beside the national stadium....

2nd floor.. sells LOTS of items dating to that time period... go check it out there... sure u will be rewarded with your time spent there... :thumbsup:

thanks! i will check there out on sat when i m at national stadium to shoot. still thinking can i sneak in..

Well, your father is your problem. :bsmilie:

Really.

As for sarcasm, sometimes, even negative things can be used positively, but yeah, sarcasm can be very damaging and is usually very difficult to accept and manage.

If you ever see me being harsh, believe me, I'm not trying to be sarcastic. I'm just being brutally honest. :kiss:

ya.. sarcasm is very damaging n i hate it cos they provide no solution to the problem.

i totally agree that being harsh is providing the truth and solution to the problem. thats how i give my advice as well hahah :kiss:

Status
Not open for further replies.