Local & HK B+W filters

Status
Not open for further replies.
B+W's rims are supposed to be made of brass, which i preferred over aluminum.

maybe they want to cater to the cheaper market without affecting the optical quality.

maybe they want to cater to the cheaper market without affecting the optical quality.

B+W's brass rims when it's black coating wears off over time at the thread area, it's a nice golden colour whereas for aluminum, it's becomes silver.

B+W's brass rims when it's black coating wears off over time at the thread area, it's a nice golden colour whereas for aluminum, it's becomes silver.

:dunno: does that matter?

Yea, brass has a more solid feel too...

B+W's brass ring is one of their features they like to promote. B+W brass filters will not "bite" into the thread of your lens and get stuck. They are easier to remove by hand instead of filters with aluminium rings which tend to get stuck on yours lens and require some tool to unscrew it. This can be a problem in the field when you want to change your UV filter to a polariser.

B+W's brass ring is one of their features they like to promote. B+W brass filters will not "bite" into the thread of your lens and get stuck. They are easier to remove by hand instead of filters with aluminium rings which tend to get stuck on yours lens and require some tool to unscrew it. This can be a problem in the field when you want to change your UV filter to a polariser.

Oh, I din know that ;)

they are the "cheaper" alum type as what has been described here. because OP takes in their stock from their parent company in China.

Got mine from OP. Looks like brass types to me

Managed to dig this out from deep in my subscriptions page... Snoweagle: you also posted in there what. :bsmilie: how come you still ask me. LOL.

http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=298494

Huh ask what? I've been posting in tons of threads so i can't be remembering every exact detail i posted.

Huh ask what? I've been posting in tons of threads so i can't be remembering every exact detail i posted.

we know lol hahahaa.....

Status
Not open for further replies.