Local? Get Compatible! (yes another round of whining...........)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Compatible ink cartridges spoilt my printer. I guessed the composition of the ink wasn't that great, and over time left residues that clogged up the print head.

As for the issue on foreign talent, notice that all the bitching is usually about "talents" from a particular country. Usually no one has problems with other nationalities. So i don't believe we reject foreign talents just because we feel threatened by them.

Also, compatible ink is usually cheaper, but I don't believe foreign talents in white collar jobs are cheaper to hire. I sure as hell wouldn't hire a foreigner from that particular country if he's got all sorts of problems and he isn't cheaper. Doing so is just plain stupid.

And i think the the govt should damn well protect and take care of me, because that was what i did for the country when i served ns.

Last edited:
sg is not like dubai where their muslims demand to be served first in a restaurant even if an FT is first in the line.
sometimes i wonder is it better to be a PR instead of a singaporean.

I was helping my co in getting potential candidates in the recent job fair. I find there is a a lot of say about the attitudes for some job seekers. These are usually the first few questions most locals will ask me.

"What is the salary like?"
"Is it a 5 day week?"

Granted these are important questions , but most of them did not even ask about the job scope or what the company is doing. Most of them are *not* hungry and still live comfortably in the mindset amid these tight market.

Ultimately , most co will recommend the ink that suits the printer, be it local or foreign - the important is it brings the most value to the organization.

I was helping my co in getting potential candidates in the recent job fair. I find there is a a lot of say about the attitudes for some job seekers. These are usually the first few questions most locals will ask me.

"What is the salary like?"
"Is it a 5 day week?"

Granted these are important questions , but most of them did not even ask about the job scope or what the company is doing. Most of them are *not* hungry and still live comfortably in the mindset amid these tight market.

Ultimately , most co will recommend the ink that suits the printer, be it local or foreign - the important is it brings the most value to the organization.
Most people are looking for a job so they can be happy on weekends

Quite very silly

I would like to have the option of living in Malaysia too. I have many malaysia frens, weekdays in Singapore work as mechanics, weekend go home drive Honda Euro R :bigeyes:

And they sell cheap DVDs too ;p :heart:

They are taking the customer's Honda Euro R home to repair mah. :bsmilie:

Most people are looking for a job so they can be happy on weekends

Quite very silly

5.5 days is very tiring leh...from 5 days switch to 5.5 days is not that easy to adjust to especially when you still got part-time studies on sat afternoon.

for me, i can afford to work 5.5 days now is because i haven't start my part-time studies yet, when i do start next year, maybe is about time i consider another new job.

most of my friends work 5 days and still have a salary cap higher than mine if not for the bad market, i wouldn't even wanna work on saturdays...

is not that easy to maintain the level of "fire" especially when after going through various rounds of interview and in the end still got rejected.

so if most companies think the FTs are cheaper and willing to work longer hours than locals, then by all means go hire them instead.

Last edited:
And i think the the govt should damn well protect and take care of me, because that was what i did for the country when i served ns.

did you actually protect the country when you served ns? :bsmilie:

did you actually protect the country when you served ns? :bsmilie:

As long as we did guard duty during NS, we're protecting our country already :bsmilie:

Live rounds you know :sweat:

As long as we did guard duty during NS, we're protecting our country already :bsmilie:

Live rounds you know :sweat:

that's like saying that when little children play masak masak and add some real pieces of food in their makeshift pots and pans.. they are really cooking. :)

:D
I am a photographer who defends the country buy shooting with my 400D. :)

australia must be very safe.

actually, you just need to be the diplomat.. when there are conflicts, just send in SION, after you hear the rustling of pink bikinis and a few nervous giggles, the conflict is ended :thumbsup:

that's like saying that when little children play masak masak and add some real pieces of food in their makeshift pots and pans.. they are really cooking. :)

You use toy guns with your live rounds in NS?? :dunno:

fine, let's just use real pots and pans in the masak masak game

doesn't make a difference. :bsmilie: there is still a difference between cooking and masak masak.

I think in my NS days I shot down several Red Indians on horses charging down at us in Mandai Hill Camp.

It normally happened when everybody had gone to sleep at 2 or 3am. :)

in my ns days i saved the world from an alien invasion with a toothpick and a plate of char kway teow.

as to how, i can't tell you, otherwise i'd have to kill you. :)

He was issued with the most powerful weapon we had. :bsmilie:

cps1_3_5_00.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.