Liverpool Wins!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
EPL Champ battle is next with Chelsea, Arsenal and Man Utd.... it will be a long tough battle..

Congrats to all RED fans out there...

It was one of the best FINAL for a long while....... :thumbsup:

Kind of enjoyed the match, and was so glad I did not sleep at 3-0 at half time.....

the way they come back from 3-0 was the greatest in CLs final..........lucky never off TV after 1st half haha.........i actually standup and pray when penalties eas kicked.

I was actually pretty relaxed during PK. it's all down to luck already and pressure. I started laughing when i saw Dudek's wobblying knees that's inspired by Grobelear.. :)

fascinating comeback.

reminds me of 1999's ManUtd Vs Bayern where Bayern were minutes from winning, but ManUtd managed to equalize in the dying minutes. the image that remained in my mind till today is that of Bayern's right back (forgotten his name) - who couldn't believe his team has lost and was in so much tears; he was almost wailing.... well, they say a picture says a thousand words :)

for now.. LIVERPOOL ROCKS!!!!! :cool:

zha said:
fascinating comeback.

reminds me of 1999's ManUtd Vs Bayern where Bayern were minutes from winning, but ManUtd managed to equalize in the dying minutes. the image that remained in my mind till today is that of Bayern's right back (forgotten his name) - who couldn't believe his team has lost and was in so much tears; he was almost wailing.... well, they say a picture says a thousand words :)

for now.. LIVERPOOL ROCKS!!!!! :cool:

That defender would be Samuel Kuffour.

Anyway coming back from 3-0 down against Milan is simply amazing.

Its been a while since there has been such an entertaining final.

i´m not a liverpool fan but still I watch the match from my hotel room last night in Spain. What an amazing match!!! You can´t help but feel sorry for the Milan players and fans losing the match. Anyway, like I have said, it was a fantastic match.

When everyone predicted a boring game at 2001 UEFA Cup final, Liverpool beat Alaves by 4-3. Highest number of goal ever in UEFA Cup Final.

When everyone predicted a boring game at 2005 Champion League final, Liverpool beat Milan by 3-3 (penalty not counted). Highest number of goal ever in Champion Cup Final.

For those who comment that Liverpool is a boring team...go and eat sh*t.

And the best is that - for all MU fans...the Champuion League Trophy that u won in 1999, u have to come to Anfield Trophy Cabinet to see it. :bsmilie:

hope the petition wang meng meng brought to UEFA will help... haha

but seriously with all the big guns supporting pool to defend the cup, i can really see the possibility of UEFA bending the rules for Liverpool.

Maybe they should take up the Welsh FA's proposal. ;)

laugh said:

but seriously with all the big guns supporting pool to defend the cup, i can really see the possibility of UEFA bending the rules for Liverpool.

By the book and rules, Liverpool is not able to compete in the Champions League.

However Carlsberg can do something in terms of sponsorship and behind the scenes negotiation.

All these are up to the big brass to talk it out. Football fans can only stand by, watch and wait.

jeff49er said:
By the book and rules, Liverpool is not able to compete in the Champions League.

Rule are meant to be broken. UEFA can always make an exmeption.

It is UEFA competitions. If the UEFA President say "yes', then it is Yes.

and I believe Liverpool will go through the qualifying stage into CL Group Stage. Whilst Everton will be beaten and force to play under UEFA Cup.

the Champions should go straight into the Group stage of the competition.

5-4 in the alaves game

wong_se said:
When everyone predicted a boring game at 2001 UEFA Cup final, Liverpool beat Alaves by 4-3. Highest number of goal ever in UEFA Cup Final.

When everyone predicted a boring game at 2005 Champion League final, Liverpool beat Milan by 3-3 (penalty not counted). Highest number of goal ever in Champion Cup Final.

And the best is that - for all MU fans...the Champuion League Trophy that u won in 1999, u have to come to Anfield Trophy Cabinet to see it. :bsmilie:

that proposal will only be a ticket to the FIRST qualifying round
if i not wrong..got to go thru 3 b4 u get to the grp stages

laugh said:

wong_se said:

i'm sure man utd had a replica made.

next season!! looking forward to it already!
i don;t mind if we can't defend it. i'm only too happy to have won the cup!!!

at least once when i'm alive!!! :)

i oso think that way
even uefa dun allow us to defend..so be it
we won it n KEPT it for goodness sake
the ORIGINAL..not a replica

Cheesecake said:
i'm sure man utd had a replica made.

next season!! looking forward to it already!
i don;t mind if we can't defend it. i'm only too happy to have won the cup!!!

at least once when i'm alive!!! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.