Liverpool football club *52* - A whole new beginning, yes, once again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
we should all give Webb a standing ovation next time, if he does handle another game for us. :thumbsup:

we should all give Webb a standing ovation next time, if he does handle another game for us. :thumbsup:

Standing ovation?

Oh, you mean middle finger?

Had CC bro stock up his weapons befor cny?? :bsmilie:

cny_red_underwear_shop.jpg

'Fergie hasn't overcome LFC'

Ian Holloway claims Alex Ferguson still has a long way to go to overcome Liverpool.

The Tangerines boss believes there is no club with a better tradition, support or atmosphere than LFC, saying nobody has managed to emulate us in terms of being a "real football club".

Holloway said: "I just hope that things go well for Liverpool because the tradition of that football club, the way their fans are, that song they sing at the start - that's a real football club.

"I want to make Blackpool as famous, if not more famous, which is going to be impossible because even Fergie hasn't done that yet, he hasn't quite beat Liverpool yet."

Holloway went on to speak of his admiration for Reds boss Kenny Dalglish as both a player and a manager, adding that he was looking forward to going head to head with him on Wednesday night.

He said: "Kenny Dalglish is a legend and I hope it goes well for him because he deserves that status in my opinion.

"I took my wife on holiday once up in Scotland and I had a lot of driving to do and I wanted her to relax and she bought me his book but in a cassette form before CDs. I stuck it in and it was just fantastic hearing his dulcet tones talking to me, telling me about his life. It was just absolutely fantastic.

"I cannot remember a player better then Kenny ever in my whole life and the epitome of it for me was to see him score the winning goal that got Liverpool the double. To be able to do that as player/manager I think was quite wonderful.

"He's a fantastic fellow who I'd like to know better but I won't get a chance because he's now working again and he'll be opposite me in the dugout - which will be another wonderful thing."

His new nick is nitewalk? Hahaha!:)

i am too young to know wat the old guy did ;), but this one has quite the cheek with the accusations..
"i cant list to you any diver, but i'm sure someone did!"

I have been following this thread for some time and I want to give some of my thoughts.

I have been a Liverpool fans for the past 20 years. I have to admit that in the 90s, the Manure team is better because we are in the process of rebuilding after the mess that Souness have left us. However coming into the new Millennium, it is really a case of over-protection and intimidation of referees that have seen many dubious decisions go manure's way. I am not only referring to their games against us, but against every other teams. Past 3-4 years have been even worse in my opinion. The Michael Owen winner against Man city in the 96th minute was a joke :bsmilie: Not forgetting the divers in the team currently.

Anyway, in my opinion, even if there was a real foul on that Bulgarian cheat (which obviously there isn't), it wouldn't result in a penalty. The ball is going out and it wasn't a goalscoring opportunity. It is sometimes very funny how an outright yellow card turned into a penalty chance for them....maybe only Webb will know.

On a second note, I thought Gerard's red was right. He was a bit too rash. Nowadays in the EPL, better keep the feet on the floor. However, there was no consistency as Rafael should have got Red as well for a similar challenge. I am not sure about the connection between the referee association with the old man, but I am very sure that I was amazed that not even a free kick was awarded....:bsmilie:

Anyway, just got to suck it up and move on. We never got good favours from the man in black (remember chelsea penalty at Anfield??) Just have to make sure everyone play with their heart (especially Torres, sorry to say that) and start to score goals and defend well. Then we should end the season fine. Come on Kenny!!

And by the way, Martin Kelly is getting me really excited for the future :thumbsup:

I have been following this thread for some time and I want to give some of my thoughts.

I have been a Liverpool fans for the past 20 years. I have to admit that in the 90s, the Manure team is better because we are in the process of rebuilding after the mess that Souness have left us. However coming into the new Millennium, it is really a case of over-protection and intimidation of referees that have seen many dubious decisions go manure's way. I am not only referring to their games against us, but against every other teams. Past 3-4 years have been even worse in my opinion. The Michael Owen winner against Man city in the 96th minute was a joke :bsmilie: Not forgetting the divers in the team currently.

Anyway, in my opinion, even if there was a real foul on that Bulgarian cheat (which obviously there isn't), it wouldn't result in a penalty. The ball is going out and it wasn't a goalscoring opportunity. It is sometimes very funny how an outright yellow card turned into a penalty chance for them....maybe only Webb will know.

On a second note, I thought Gerard's red was right. He was a bit too rash. Nowadays in the EPL, better keep the feet on the floor. However, there was no consistency as Rafael should have got Red as well for a similar challenge. I am not sure about the connection between the referee association with the old man, but I am very sure that I was amazed that not even a free kick was awarded....:bsmilie:

Anyway, just got to suck it up and move on. We never got good favours from the man in black (remember chelsea penalty at Anfield??) Just have to make sure everyone play with their heart (especially Torres, sorry to say that) and start to score goals and defend well. Then we should end the season fine. Come on Kenny!!

And by the way, Martin Kelly is getting me really excited for the future :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: martin kelly is the new rob jones. :cool:

BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). cheesecake -> 38pts <-Kelong King! CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!! WOOT WOOT!!
2). sunnyday --> 24pts
3). Canew --> 16pts!
4). blazer_workz --> 15pts
5). coolsigg ---- > 14pts
6). kelccm --------> 12pts
7). domdomino --> 12pts
8). zhapchit --> 12pts!
9). grumpy --> 12pts! (amended for last scorer of the ill-fated match against blackburn)
10). zaren -------> 7pts
11). bro rodz ---- > 5pts
12). shunzi ---> 4pts!
13). eejal ----> 4pts!
14). archlover --> 4pts
15). adilexas ---> 4pts!
16). taurean ----- > 3pts!
17). fotoudavid --> 3pts
18). marios -----> 3pts
19). obfuscate ---> 1pt!

League of HAT-TRICK HEROES <--- KELONG!!!

1). FC Utrecht 0 LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB 0 ---> cheesecake
30/9/2010 Stadion Galgenwaard

2). Napoli 0. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB 0 --> cheesecake & sunnyday
21/10/2010 San Paolo, Italy

3). LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB 2(Torres 11, 44) Chel$ki 0 ---> kelccm
07/11/2010 Anfield, LIVERPOOL

9/1/11

FA Cup

manCircle utd clowns vs. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!

old toilet.

buanged 1-0.

1). 2-1 to LFC!!! (dirty kite, torres) CC --> for love of the club! -->0pt
2). 4-2 LFC win! (gerrard, gerrard) blazer_workz -->0pt
3). 1-1 Draw(Torres) roadrunner -->0pt
4). 1-1 Draw (Stevie G) zhapchit -->0pt
5). 2-1 liverpool lose (gerrard) currycrab -->0pt
6. 1-0 liverpool win (torres) sunnyday -->0pt
7). 2-1 Liverpool lose. (S. Gerrard) Canew. -->0pt
8) 4-0 Liverpool and K.D. WINS (Torres, Torres - Hat-trick) - adilexas -->0pt
9) 1-0 Liverpool wins (Cole) fotoudavid -->0pt
10) 2-1 Liverpool (Torres x 2) marios -->0pt
11) 2-1 LIVERPOOL WIN (Gerrard, Gerrard plus vidic red card) grumpy -->0pt
12) 3-2 Liverpool wins!!!! (Torres, Gerrard) zaren -->0pt
13) 3-1 Man U win! (Torres) Coolsigg-->0pt

Last edited:
BACK BY POPULAR DEMAND!!!

Correct Score Prediction = 3points!

Correct 1st Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Correct Last Scorer for LFC = 1point!

Hat-Trick Hero Perfect Guess Guess Guess! = 5points!

so in any game, the max point a participant can net is a total of 10points.

Sorting Out the Grey Areas.

1). in the event of 1-0 end result, the 1st scorer will be taken as the last scorer even though the participant might haf anticipated 2-0 or 22-0 and have listed someone else as the last scorer.

2). the prediction is good till the Final Whistle, which includes Extra-time but not Penalty Shootout.

LEAGUE TABLE

1). cheesecake -> 38pts <-Kelong King! CATCH ME IF YOU CAN!! WOOT WOOT!!
2). sunnyday --> 24pts
3). Canew --> 16pts!
4). blazer_workz --> 15pts
5). coolsigg ---- > 14pts
6). kelccm --------> 12pts
7). domdomino --> 12pts
8). zhapchit --> 12pts!
9). grumpy --> 12pts! (amended for last scorer of the ill-fated match against blackburn)
10). zaren -------> 7pts
11). bro rodz ---- > 5pts
12). shunzi ---> 4pts!
13). eejal ----> 4pts!
14). archlover --> 4pts
15). adilexas ---> 4pts!
16). taurean ----- > 3pts!
17). fotoudavid --> 3pts
18). marios -----> 3pts
19). obfuscate ---> 1pt!

League of HAT-TRICK HEROES <--- KELONG!!!

1). FC Utrecht 0 LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB 0 ---> cheesecake
30/9/2010 Stadion Galgenwaard

2). Napoli 0. LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB 0 --> cheesecake & sunnyday
21/10/2010 San Paolo, Italy

3). LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB 2(Torres 11, 44) Chel$ki 0 ---> kelccm
07/11/2010 Anfield, LIVERPOOL

12/1/11

Blackpool vs LIVERPOOL FOOTBALL CLUB!!!

AWAY.

1). 3-0 LFC wins!!! (Torres, Torres) CC

LFC rumour mill goes into overdrive

Kenny Dalglish’s return to Liverpool has seen a whole new dimension added to this January’s transfer window.

A week ago Robert Huth and Carlton Cole were on the Reds’ radar, now it’s Luis Suarez and Yann M’Villa being linked.

There is a feelgood factor engulfing the club, it’s fans and players following The King’s return. A big name signing in January would be a massive signal of intent from the new owners. Can they provide it?

Damien Comolli insisted yesterday that January is a tough market but this is the LFC of old, keeping their cards close to their chest, doing things behind closed doors. It’s the Liverpool Way and it’s also the NESV/FSG way.

This is something The Times‘ Tony Barrett alluded to in a webchat on Monday afternoon. “The manager has just changed and I’ve got feeling that will mean the profile of players LFC are looking to recruit will change also,” explained the former Liverpool Echo reporter.

“At least there is no longer a need to worry about the Carlton Cole or Robert Huth inflicting their journeyman abilities on club though,” he went on.

“Roy Hodgson prioritised height, and while it’s true LFC are lacking in this department I’ve got a feeling that Dalglish will put skill, passing ability and speed higher on his list of requirements.”

This past few days have seen Liverpool linked with the following exciting talents;

# Romelu Lukaku
Anderlecht’s 6ft 3in striker already has 12 caps for Belgium despite being just 17 years old. Could cost up to £20m.

# Yann M’Vila
Rennes’ highly rated defensive midfielder is just 20, strong, physical and well-known to Comolli.

# Ricky van Wolfswinkel
Another young, strong, tall, forward on the Reds’ radar. The FC Utrecht frontman has been watched by LFC scouts and his agent said today “Liverpool are the main club following Ricky, but he is being followed by some big clubs throughout Europe and of course England, but without doubt, Liverpool is an interesting club for Ricky.” He added though that he thought a January move was unlikely.

# Luis Suarez
The controversial Ajax frontman is an exciting prospect and The Mirror reports LFC and Tottenham are in the running to sign the Uruguayan. Tony Barrett said on Monday “LFC have definitely been keeping tabs on Suarez, both Comolli and his predecessor Macia have been regular watchers of Ajax this season.”

Meanwhile, New England Sports Network’s own website links defenders Ryan Shawcross and Fabio Coentrao with moves to Anfield. Both would be positive additions to the Reds’ first team.

All change at Anfield as Liverpool FC undergo backroom overhaul

by Richard Buxton. Published Tue 11 Jan 2011 22:19, Last updated: 2011-01-11

Liverpool have started to reshuffle their backroom staff by releasing five of their scouts.

Yesterday the Reds' recruited former Chelsea assistant Steve Clarke as a first-team coach and it has now emerged that Damien Comolli, Director of Football Strategy at Anfield, chose to terminate the contracts of the talent spotters.

Amongst them was chief scout Eduardo Macia, who left by mutual consent at the end of December, and Jakob Friis-Hansen, who revealed that most of the scouts recruited by former manager Rafael Benitez had been allowed to depart.

"I have just signed the papers and finish at the club," said the Danish scout.

"It has been in the air that would happen, since Comolli was employed, so it does not come as a great surprise.

"Virtually everyone who has been employed under Benitez, has now finished at the club. This also includes a couple of Spanish coaches.

"It is very natural that it happens when a new manager or sporting director comes to a club. We did never actually meet Comolli, but he has some other ideas, and it is basically fair enough. I've got a nice severance package and am free to start a new job."

Liverpool prepare shock £4m move for out-of-favour former Chelsea star

Liverpool - Shaun Wright-Phillips linked with shock Anfield move

By Mark Bollons January 11, 2011

Liverpool are being linked with a surprise January move for Manchester City winger Shaun Wright-Phillips.

The England international has fallen out of favour at Eastlands following the arrival of Italian boss Roberto Mancini, and new Liverpool chief Kenny Dalglish is being linked with a move this month.

Former Anfield chief Roy Hodgson was thought to be keen on the player in the summer, but ran out of time to make a move for the player and Liverpool missed out.

Wright-Phillips burst onto the scene at City, making his debut as a teenager in 1998 and becoming a firm favourite with the Citizen faithful. After seven years at the club, Chelsea would pay £21 million for his services.

His three year stint at Stamford Bridge was littered with substitute appearances, and the wing wizard struggled to hold down a first team place under Jose Mourinho at the club.

A return to City would come in 2008, with the Sky Blues re-signing their former prodigy for an undisclosed fee believed to be in the region of £8 million.

After a solid start on return to Eastlands, opportunities have become limited under Mancini, leading to speculation that the 29-year-old will leave the club.

Liverpool lead the chase for the player, although Fulham are also thought to be interested with manager Mark Hughes keen to link-up with the player once again.

Footylatest reports that the Cottagers may struggle to meet the player's wage demands, leaving the door open for the Merseysiders should they make a discount £4 million move for the player.

New owners NESV have pledged money to the Liverpool cause as Dalglish looks to strengthen in the transfer window, with attacking players thought to be the priority for the new Anfield supremo.

Damien Comolli, Director of Football strategy for Liverpool, is also thought to have a say in the transfers at the club, and the Frenchman could attempt to persuade Dalglish to bring the player to the club on a short-term loan deal.

No Liverpool FC dressing room divide, insists Kenny Dalglish

by Richard Buxton. Published Tue 11 Jan 2011 20:04, Last updated: 2011-01-11

Kenny Dalglish has dismissed suggestions of conflict in Liverpool's dressing room.

Rumours of rifts within the ranks at Anfield emerged during Roy Hodgson's ill-fated tenure, which was ended last weekend after a difficult six months, whilst doubts have started to linger over how Damien Comolli's role as Director of Football Strategy will affect Dalglish's interim position.

But the Scot, who harboured ambitions of retaking his place in the Reds dugout having spent 14 years at the club as both player and manager, insists that everyone is committed to moving forward and attempting to restore Liverpool to former glories.

He said: "I don't see any divisions in the football club in any shape or form.

"The ownership has been dealt with, there's new people in. There are certainly no divisions which are apparent to me, they seem a very good bunch of lads.

"There's no difference in determination and effort to try and move the club forward.

"The people that own the club want the club to succeed and nobody would ever enjoy sacking a manager, especially somebody of the integrity of Roy Hodgson.

"The owners would never have got any pleasure out of that, I certainly got no pleasure out of it."

Liverpool FC to sign Fabio Coentrao from Benfica?

Crunch Sports Staff - 11 Jan 2011

TN175156_Fabio-Coentrao.jpg

Liverpool could make a move for Benfica defender Fabio Coentrao this month

The left-back position is one which many Liverpool fans believe needs to be strengthened following the sacking of Roy Hodgson last weekend.

Hodgson last summer brought Paul Konchesky with him from Fulham when he joined the club, but the defender has failed to impress on the pitch, while comments made by his mother on Facebook about the club and it's fans have not helped matters.

Caretaker boss Kenny Dalglish and director of football Damian Comolli are believed to have looked at several defenders in recent weeks and 22-year-old Coentrao, who would be an exciting addition to the squad, is reportedly near the top of the list of potential targets.

Coentrao would give Liverpool some pace on the left of the pitch when going forward and can be compared to Tottenham winger Gareth Bale for his style of play.

But even if he was to play at left-back rather than as a wingback or winger, then he would be a massive improvement on any options currently available to Dalglish and a major coup for the Merseyside club.

in my FM2011 game, i've signed Fabio Coentrao...he's good! :p

Status
Not open for further replies.