Lightweight camera with full manual

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sooner or later when u still wanna stick to photography, u will def upgrade to DSLR, cos there is limitation on prosumer. if that is so, y not just jump to a entry level DSLR once n for all. what will be the cost of a prosumer now 400-800? what will be the value when u decided to let go n upgrade? below 550g body recommendation from me will be Olympus E510. SSWF proven dust buster, Body Image stabilizer up to 3 stop + Live View. color is rich n accurate. :)

Reason why I did not want to get a dSLR was because I am not too sure if I would invest in a pricey camera. I intend to play with a manual one and when am more familiar with photography, moveon to something better.
How about Fuji FinePix S5700. I heard good things about Fuji's performance in low light.

s5700 is a fine choice.. if you can live with the high iso noise (which is common in compacts anyway).. the s5700 does not have the superccd sensor which gives fujis the good low light performance.. =) still.. the colours are good.. and the camera is VERY affordable..

i used a s5700 for around half a year before i jumped over to my 2nd hand d70s..

but seriously.. as my seniors have told me.. if you can deal with the size of a prosumer.. you are really better off with an entry level dslr right away (save the money upgrading).. that is if you have some more spare cash la..

I play ard with Fuji S5700. there is limitation on the shuttle speed. lowest u can go is 4sec. apeture is 3.5-13.6. whatever recommendation posted is just a recommendation. the most important thing is you must be comfortable with it n enjoy it. ;)

Reason why I did not want to get a dSLR was because I am not too sure if I would invest in a pricey camera. I intend to play with a manual one and when am more familiar with photography, moveon to something better.
How about Fuji FinePix S5700. I heard good things about Fuji's performance in low light.

How much would you be paying for the S5700? I think you should be able to get D40 kit under $800 now.

You might not need 18x optical zoom for every situation but its always nice to know that if you happen to be in a situation that needs it, it's there :)

I am happy with 18x.
My FZ18 has been useful for me because of its wide angle as well

Status
Not open for further replies.