Lightsphere Diffuser~

Status
Not open for further replies.
I strongly believe that paying 60 bucks for what is essentially a piece of translucent plastic is ridiculous. Daiso sells velcro bands for 2 bucks, 3 of them in a pack. You bind two together and it fits a 580 EX just right, and then you can attach a large bounce card.

I'll rather pay the money to get a off shoe cable...

"best paired with a fast prime" referring to 50 f1.4? fast enough? lol...i own a 50 f1.8, i don't think it's fast enough, cool~ i will try in my next shoot, go close up and snap! hehe...bounce in outdoor? some say bounce is only done indoor... :dunno:

the f/1.8 shld be fast enough if u shoot wide open or not stop down too much. of cos it depends on how far u are from the subject.

bouncing outdoors is almost impossible unless u use a bounce card. the LS don't really provide much for outdoors unless u modify it.

:rolleyes:
Buy the LS, it comes with a CD that instructs you on how to use it, as well as how TO BE a photographer...

I strongly believe that paying 60 bucks for what is essentially a piece of translucent plastic is ridiculous. Daiso sells velcro bands for 2 bucks, 3 of them in a pack. You bind two together and it fits a 580 EX just right, and then you can attach a large bounce card.

I'll rather pay the money to get a off shoe cable...

:thumbsup:

That's similar to the chrome dome. And with that being said, why wouldn't a demb flip it be any different? Since your friend lined the back with reflective material, no light will go behind. There's a diffuser, and a slight bounce, and a top cap. Demb flipit! has the same concept.

Cheers,
Zexun

cheaper i guess

And where can one get this Demb Flip-It?
With the exception of from the website itself and ebay.

you can get it from here: http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=362213
nice guy and seller :)

I modified my demb flip it by pasting foam sheets on it. The same material that people use to make ABBT. I think the matte surface did reduce the harshness further abit.
Mine is the pro only. Is the jumbo alot better? Looks like i'll try pasting bigger foam sheet to try out hehe.

yeap its better..because there is a larger surface for the light to bounce off from so more light is thrown forward :) and the reach will be rather far by my standards of a bounce card :D

How u really use ur flash is highly dependent on ur modifier. Next, a full understanding of the ETTL and flash metering + camera metering is needed as well. Full auto ETTL with LS would get you no where and u must know how to "read" the light.

I dunno how to explain but this is how I get by. I only got the hang of flash science only after 2 month of deep research and play around. YMMV. Thats how differcult and confusing it is at least to me. Next, is to understand the ETTL system and flash metering. Note canon flash system is different from nikon. Next is to understand the concept of bounce flash and light modifier. I pick bounce becoz it pose serveral advantage that others don't have. To tell u the truth, I have to fiddle the flash setting whenever I move location how to do it is purely on location is based on gut feeling if there isn't much time. Gotta chimp and chimp.

Last edited:
cheaper i guess

Naw we're talking about lightsphere + DIY modification vs demb flip it. Demb flip it jumbo = S$60+, LS alone without DIY materials and effort = S$80.

just noe that lightings is a very hard to understand concept but once yu understand it, it is very rewarding :) go pick up books about flash or lightings in the library....

Maswu,headshot and hammie, thanks guys! yeap, i have been dropping by bookstores to look at lighting photography, like you guys said, it's not a easy topic to learn, had been reading much and trying out, it's fun but hard to understand... the ETTL i find is a bit hard to manipulate when shooting subject, but still gonna test and error and learn...haha..cheers!

I use a LS2 myself. It gives a really soft and beautiful effect when bounced off the ceiling of ard 3m high and your subject is nearby.

The biggest problem with the LS is that it is really troublesome to bring around due to the shape and size.

Usually, I just bring the diffuser cap that comes with my speedlight instead when I am lazy :p

If you don't mind paying the price and carrying it around, the LS is definitely worth getting.

I use a LS2 myself. It gives a really soft and beautiful effect when bounced off the ceiling of ard 3m high and your subject is nearby.

The biggest problem with the LS is that it is really troublesome to bring around due to the shape and size.

Usually, I just bring the diffuser cap that comes with my speedlight instead when I am lazy :p

If you don't mind paying the price and carrying it around, the LS is definitely worth getting.

Oh yea, it's damn true, it's not heavy but very bulky and take up space, wonder what kind of bags fits the LS, lol...anyway diffuser cap and LS serve the same purpose, just that the softness that it give is different(correct me if i'm wrong) ;p

so yea...thats one thing to consider if wanna shoot with LS... haha:bsmilie:

Naw we're talking about lightsphere + DIY modification vs demb flip it. Demb flip it jumbo = S$60+, LS alone without DIY materials and effort = S$80.

oops... i thot it was lambency...haha

Status
Not open for further replies.