lens question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hmmm, maybe you need flash to freeze the moon :think: :bsmilie: .

Yes, it is difficult even with film camera to capture moon in wide angle scenery. It is always overblown if you want to capture the scenery detail. And the moon is always too small in the scenery to make it looks good. It might better to exclude moon on night scenery.

Regards,
Arto.

:x ... kkk thanks ..hee next time will take 2 photos , onw with & without moon :p

Yes, it is difficult even with film camera to capture moon in wide angle scenery. It is always overblown if you want to capture the scenery detail. And the moon is always too small in the scenery to make it looks good. It might better to exclude moon on night scenery.

Regards,
Arto.

With film camera you can do a real double-exposure to capture the moon and the surroundings. With digital, one can only PS it in...

Might I point TS to the Night Photography forum where there are lots of pointers on exposure at night; one such post directly related to this thread is http://forums.clubsnap.org/showpost.php?p=2379521&postcount=13

hehe thats a good one :thumbsup:
think need to use SB-8,000,000,000 Flash to freeze the moon lor :sweatsm:

link my cam flash to hubble space telescope hehehe :p

Hey, I shot the moon from my house. By no means is it a good shot but I believe your kit lens can do it.

316213807_50a829b645.jpg

18mm, 6sec, f/11, Canon EOS30D, ISO800.

Personally it looks more like the sun in a dark sky.

Actually it's not that difficult to get nicely exposed moon with sceneries. You just have to shoot it slightly after sunset where everything is still not so dark and the moon still doesn't appear too bright, or just before sunrise. :) Sometimes you just have to wait. It's probably only a couple of days in a month where you can do that. ;p

Hey, I shot the moon from my house. By no means is it a good shot but I believe your kit lens can do it.

316213807_50a829b645.jpg

18mm, 6sec, f/11, Canon EOS30D, ISO800.

Personally it looks more like the sun in a dark sky.

wah kk ... looks clearer than mine .... let mi practise more hehe

Actually it's not that difficult to get nicely exposed moon with sceneries. You just have to shoot it slightly after sunset where everything is still not so dark and the moon still doesn't appear too bright, or just before sunrise. :) Sometimes you just have to wait. It's probably only a couple of days in a month where you can do that. ;p

wah ... den difficult ley ... hehe ...2 get the timing right ....
maybe i wait 4 early morning days when the moon can still be see

weee 2day going to collect my t-ring haha ...hope 2nite the moon will still be at mi hme balcony

can you test these settings for me? lol...

tripod
20 seconds exposure
>100mm focal length
f/22
iso100

see sharp or not? i dont have tele lenses. :p

can you test these settings for me? lol...

tripod
20 seconds exposure
>100mm focal length
f/22
iso100

see sharp or not? i dont have tele lenses. :p

okie okie,
let mi play around 2nite after i collect it 2nite !! (excited liao hehe)
*skally i still need other parts 2 mount on mi telescope haha den i cry :x but i think can lah haha

hmmm my telescope focal length is 1250mm ... hmmm if i mount mi cam i wonder wat the zoom is ... hmmmm

i bought an attachment that say can put over my eye piece, dunnoe real not hmmmm
2 bad Singapore dun have proper telescope shop 2 try try :x
i got mine from ORION hehe

wow...1250mm...can shoot into people house in the opposite block...haha

wow...1250mm...can shoot into people house in the opposite block...haha

*shhh :p ... haha got mi items liao .....hehe later at night play ...

c tired later anot ... will try post 2 picz ... one with out scope and one wif scope hehe, hope i got no problem focusing :p

Try to use mirror lock-up. And shooting near crescent phase usually results in a blurred shot, so wait until a few days past new, when craters are visible.

_MG_0654.jpg

_MG_0661.jpg

MoonoverDomefog8.jpg

wah ... :p

mi turn ... woke up at 4am ! haha ... hand itchy so went to try ...

wah ... manual focus arr ...difficult mann ...pic not as clear as i had wished ..

some picz below taken 2day :p
and my portable astro setup hehe :p

moon_01.jpg

apex90_01.jpg

sad ... i bought a tele-extension but cannot use with my eye piece :x ... neber read product properly .... haizz

apex90_02.jpg

wats in pic ? :p

apex 90mm MAK Class tele,
sierris possil 25mm
high possil 32mm
shorty borrow x2
explorer II 7mm-21mm
tele extention
t-ring
green lazer pen
min-eq tripod

Status