[ Lens ] m.Zuiko 60/f2.8 Macro

Vulpix0r said:
499 usd you convert already is around 6xx leh, how to expect 5xx?

True.. Somemore need to add in 7% GST

It is about that price, SGD799 MRSP. Why?

Because.....

USD499 x 1.3 (exchange rate) = SGD648.70

SGD648.70 + SGD100 (for bringing in the lense) = SGD748.70

SGD748.70 x 1.07 (GST) = SGD801.11

Pretty reasonable. Looks like I am going to HK in end Oct to grab this lense first. Street price in SG should be about $680+/-?

Poison for you

Olympus 60mm f/2.8 Macro Image Thread - Page 2 - Micro Four Thirds User Forum

Got my Olympus 60mm f/2.8 Macro today! - Micro Four Thirds User Forum

Last edited:
Vulpix0r said:
499 usd you convert already is around 6xx leh, how to expect 5xx?

He's referring to 399usd price for 45/1.8 in USA, local street price is ~S$410. But from 75 or 60mm street price don't seem to be.

I'm hoping for 5xx like how the 45mm is priced when compared to the usd rrp

Olympus unveils 12mm F2.0 and 45mm F1.8 fast primes for Micro Four Thirds: Digital Photography Review

45mm/F1.8 is USD399. This 60mm macro is USD499.

Additionally, this is a macro lense, not your everyday can use portrait lense intended. Production is likely to be smaller than 45/1.8. Think there are more people who likes to shoot naked females than naked insects :D

Last edited:
Awesome Lens it is. i'll will find ways to get this lens. haha. A friend of mine might be coming over from the states. so i will ask him to carry over.. :)

wonglp said:
He's referring to 399usd price for 45/1.8 in USA, local street price is ~S$410. But from 75 or 60mm street price don't seem to be.

Haha yup this was what I was referring too... Maybe it's just that the 45mm was priced too low in singapore.. Hope they will do the same for the 60mm. so far no announcement from Olympus regards to the len, unlike the last time when they announce on fb the arrival of the 45mm

Awesome Lens it is. i'll will find ways to get this lens. haha. A friend of mine might be coming over from the states. so i will ask him to carry over.. :)

Better ask him to bring from the States....
At S$799, the lens is just over-priced here

Right now the price quoted by the shops I guess are the rrp from the 2 shops I called.. Cash/cc same price

The 75mm mark up is still not that bad considering that 899usd ~1170 with gst is just nice 1250 lol

theITguy said:
Pretty reasonable. Looks like I am going to HK in end Oct to grab this lense first. Street price in SG should be about $680+/-?

I am going to HK too but only in Dec.
Gonna get a couple of lens from there too..

My friend in KL just informed me that shops in Lowyat are already selling this lens for RM16xx, ard S$650...
More in line with the selling price in US

M S Color quoted me a price very close to S$800...

For Olympus products SLRR more cheaper than MS Color.