Lens for Singapore vs Liverpool on 26th July 2009

Preferrable/Suitable Lens for THE BIG MATCH

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
True. I once covered a soccer match for my school. Was standing around the corners of the pitch, using a 1.6x crop with the EF 100-400mm. Even at 400mm I can't get the tightest shot possible of the players on the other end of the field without doing a crop in PP.

also, do spare a thought for the fans sitting in the row in front of you. if you happen to bring a superzoom, imagine what will happen to the poor fella's head should he suddenly stand up and cheer.

went for the Singapore match against vietnam last yr and saw lots of photographers on the stand with monopod

I have my Oly 70-300mm which gives me up to 600mm for my 4/3 bodies. (Usually use up to 500mm equiv.)
It's a good choice for such occasions (I think).

Too bad, I don't think I'll going for the match.
No $$$ for the tix.. :cry:

Anyway, I'm also not a Liverpool fan, that's why no motivation for this match.. :(

also, do spare a thought for the fans sitting in the row in front of you. if you happen to bring a superzoom, imagine what will happen to the poor fella's head should he suddenly stand up and cheer.
Also spare a thought for your lens... if the fellow stand up fast enough the whack on your lens will be as hard as your lens dropping onto the ground. Might do quite a bit of damage to those lens that extends significantly (e.g. Tamron 200-500) :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.