Lens for 60D-18-135 or 18-200

Thread starter, if you are unsure of what lens to get, I suggest you to get a simple 18-55 zoom or a 50 1.8 which you can purchase cheaply in the Buy and Sell section.

I would suggest you to buy the body alone, Canon EOS 60D.

Lenses, here's my suggestion

If you want just original by Canon,

- Canon EF-S 10-22mm 1k
- Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM 1.5k
- Canon EF-S 55-250mm f/4-5.6 IS $380
Total: 2.8k++ on lenses

If you want Third Party,

- Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 $900
- Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 NON VC $600
Total: 1.8k++ on lenses

With the above range,

- you can capture beautiful landscapes
- good walkabout
- a nice zoom for excursions or field trips

Thread starter, if you are unsure of what lens to get, I suggest you to get a simple 18-55 zoom or a 50 1.8 which you can purchase cheaply in the Buy and Sell section.

I would suggest you to buy the body alone, Canon EOS 60D.

Lenses, here's my suggestion

If you want just original by Canon,

- Canon EF-S 10-22mm 1k
- Canon EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS USM 1.5k
Total: 2.8k++ on lenses

If you want Third Party,

- Tokina 11-16mm f/2.8 $900
- Tamron 17-50 f/2.8 NON VC $600
Total: 1.8k++ on lenses

With the above range,

- you can capture beautiful landscapes
- good walkabout
- a nice zoom for excursions or field trips

TS already has a 18-55 and he's quite sure he wants more zoom. I dont tink he wants a wide angle yet.

TS already has a 18-55 and he's quite sure he wants more zoom. I dont tink he wants a wide angle yet.

This is just my rough guide suggestion for him.

I may suggest, but whether he buy or not buy, it's not my problem. Si bo ?

This is just my rough guide suggestion for him.

I may suggest, but whether he buy or not buy, it's not my problem. Si bo ?

True. Some food for thought for the long term.

True. Some food for thought for the long term.

If TS were to purchase my prescription listed above, I agree in a long term hobby, it will definitely worth it.

TS will be able to cover shots such as landscapes, urban scapes, rural scapes, etc..

He will also able to have a walkabout which he can shoot streets, events, family and friends, etc

For zoom, he can shoot portraits, far away objects, a trip to the zoo or bird park, etc..

If TS were to purchase my prescription listed above, I agree in a long term hobby, it will definitely worth it.

TS will be able to cover shots such as landscapes, urban scapes, rural scapes, etc..

He will also able to have a walkabout which he can shoot streets, events, family and friends, etc

For zoom, he can shoot portraits, far away objects, a trip to the zoo or bird park, etc..

I also agree with your selections, but I want to make sure that the TS is aware that there are many different alternatives within each of the selections you've capably offered him as advice.

For example, the Canon 55-250 lens which is a very capable lens, can also be substituted by many other equitable or near equatable lenses. These include the Canon 70-300, Canon 75-300 or the Sigma 70-300. Each has its own merits and the TS will have to balance his/her decision on needs and budget.