Lens Choice....

Status
Not open for further replies.
Benign said:
BBB virus found a cure liao si boh? Finally know it is expensive :bsmilie:

Still need to budget it first lah.....think it is abt Sgd$2600 new in KL. :think: After this, dunno how to have a decent holidays liao.....supposed thinking of another holiday destination after KL. :(
Expensive only what.. just BBB bite it and get over and done with :devil: Just DO IT!!! MTL!!! BBB!!!

Holidays can always go another time when you have the glass :thumbsup:

Expensive only what.. just BBB bite it and get over and done with Just DO IT!!! MTL!!! BBB!!!

Holidays can always go another time when you have the glass

Me very thrifty one......maybe I decide to wait for one miserable soul to sell his 70-200 lor. Cash is King :thumbsup:

:devil:

BBB, MTL, just buy first talk later, else regret. :thumbsup:

Benign said:
Me very thrifty one......maybe I decide to wait for one miserable soul to sell his 70-200 lor. Cash is King :thumbsup:

:devil:

look for sykestang.

he has those lenses for sale ;)

look for sykestang.

he has those lenses for sale

I haven't seen him for quite awhile liao. Will definitely let him know once I am buying lor.
For now, can still think abt the three Ts......Wahahaaa. Which one :think:

EsPn, U selling your ? :sweat:

Benign said:
I haven't seen him for quite awhile liao. Will definitely let him know once I am buying lor.
For now, can still think abt the three Ts......Wahahaaa. Which one :think:

EsPn, U selling your ? :sweat:
I selling a Reporter 200AW.

Benign said:
I am ok. I am happy with my computrekker.....think bought it off Sykestang lor :bsmilie:
Eee... oily oily one.

Benign said:
I am ok. I am happy with my computrekker.....think bought it off Sykestang lor :bsmilie:

go ahead lor, think should be alright. when you coming to SG/KL?

I assume you already own a number of lenses(since you want to end your buying spree) and the 20-200mm focal length is covered by some existing, 'lesser' lenses and now you want to acquire a piece of the 'trinity'.

If thats true, I would recommend 70-200 VR. I have seen results off it and they are really special. That creamy bokeh + VR make it spectacular. Plus it looks very pro.

Benign said:
After I acquired AF 14mm D, I am stuck btw the following choices....

Nikkor AFS
- 17-35 F/2.8
- 28-70 F/2.8
- 70-200 VR

In particular, everyone keep raging about 17-35 F/2.8 and 70-200 VR. If you only can make one choice....which one would you go for?

I am asking coz enough is enough.....no more buy buy buy :mad2:

Still need money for bread and butter ley :cry:

Thanks for your valuable input. Especially Espn for not posting buy buy buy virus HERE :bsmilie:

since you have the wonderful 14mm.. perhaps something different along the lines of the 70-200 would be better in a practical sense.

so you would have a super wide on one hand.. and a 105-300mm equivalency on the other

perhaps that would suit you.

after using the 17-35mm.. at least for myself personally.. the lens was forever stuck on the 17mm setting... so... you might benefit from the extended power zoom range given by the 70-200.

Being the Devil here.

All 2H stuff

17-35, 2K
28-70, 2K, Got rare white color the last time I checked.

Well, for my Opinion...... 70-200 VR is more worthwhile to buy since It gives you a lot of features and Functionality........
For Normal range lens.... you can buy Sigma 28-70 f2.8 or Tamron 28 -75 f2.8 which is much cheaper than Nikkor AF-S 28-70 mm (So many CSer selling these 2 lens with a good price..)

Believe me... it is really worthwhile.....
As for me.... I have three main lens with my D100.....
Nikkor AF-S 18-70 mm f3.5-4.5 DX, AF 24 - 85 f2.8 -4 and AF 80 - 200 mm f2.8 ED (2 Touch).....
With these three lens, I can shoot almost everything I want and the result are really Fantastic !!!
No thought of upgrading.....cos' never get dissapointed with the picture quality so far.....:bsmilie:

Well, hope will give you a clue to decide.....

Stephen

stprmit said:
I have three main lens with my D100.....
Nikkor AF-S 18-70 mm f3.5-4.5 DX, AF 24 - 85 f2.8 -4 and AF 80 - 200 mm f2.8 ED (2 Touch).....
With these three lens, I can shoot almost everything I want and the result are really Fantastic !!!

i would do away with the 24-85.
overlap, no point.

Benign, i think i was in the same situation with you too. I got my 17-35mm first coz i wanna take a lot of group shots. But now i need close up shots... so saving up for a 70-200. I guess if you got a 18-70 kit lens you should get the 70-200 first. Until you save enough, you get 17-35 lor... thats how i feel la...

depends on what you shoot more. given the choices i would go with the 28-70 f/2.8 since that would be my most frequently used range. then again if you snipe 90% of the time then 70-200 would be a better choice :bsmilie:

Just buy all la.. MTL, BBB. Buy first think later.

blive said:
NO lah, get the Nikon 18 - 200mm VR...Cover all range needed...
:thumbsd: Get Trinity better.. :lovegrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.