Lens Adaptor for Panasonic FZ10

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newguy69 said:
Dear all,

Can I join in your discussion in future? :sweat: Although I'm not a sole owner of fz10, but can be considered a part-time owner (I and my girlfriend each paid half of the price). Currently using Oly c8080 for work and pana fz10 for leisure.

Bought this cam about a week ago together with additional third party battery, 72mm UV filter, camera bag and third party ext. flash - just got it today.

Thinking of buying the pana tele conversion len or wide conversion len next month :think: (Wallet got burned badly due to buying 2 cams at one shot).

If I want to post some snap shots taken from "my" fz10 to this forum, how shall I go about it? Any kind souls can give me a helping hand :sweat: :sweatsm: ? Greatly appreciated. :)

Cheers

May I know what third party flash did u get?

To post a pic here, you need to find a image hosting site like www.photobucket.com.. then just get the direct link url from there and paste it on your post.

Newguy69 said:
Hi Feinwerkbau,

Do you have lobangs? So far I had searched high and low and ever visited some second hand camera retailers but still cannot find leh :bheart: . One answer I got from them is "we do not sell third party 72mm teleconversion lens". :cry:

Cheers

Hehehe...that's because I don't think anyone makes converters with such a huge rear thread size!

That's why a lot of fluzies get adapters so that we can easily fit a converter on with perhaps a small step down ring.

Generally, vignetting is NOT a problem unless your cam/con combination just no luck.

I have an OLYMPUS teleconverter. The rear thread size is only 46mm. The FZ10 lens is huge. But since the longer focal settings make use of only the central part of the lens, I can put the converter on, set it towards the telephoto side and VIOLA! It works fine!

BTW, I'm selling this 'never used' (except for taking test shots) OLYMPUS teleconverter at a firm RP of $90. Interested? :D

Zenten said:
Btw, word is out that some FZ10's made in Malaysia have a different feel :nono: . Not sure about this but glad that mine is MIJ. Anyone care to comment? :rolleyes:

Is the FZ10 now manufacture in Malaysia? I hope not!!! :( Anyway, where did you hear about it?

Parallel said:
May I know what third party flash did u get?

To post a pic here, you need to find a image hosting site like www.photobucket.com.. then just get the direct link url from there and paste it on your post.

Hi Parallel,

The flash I got for my pana fz10 is a Suntax thyristor twin zoom flash at $60 (incl gst). Thanks for the guide :thumbsup: .

Cheers.

Newguy69 said:
Hi Parallel,

The flash I got for my pana fz10 is a Suntax thyristor twin zoom flash at $60 (incl gst). Thanks for the guide :thumbsup: .

Cheers.

Thanks. Where did you get it from?

Feinwerkbau said:
Hehehe...that's because I don't think anyone makes converters with such a huge rear thread size!

That's why a lot of fluzies get adapters so that we can easily fit a converter on with perhaps a small step down ring.

Generally, vignetting is NOT a problem unless your cam/con combination just no luck.

I have an OLYMPUS teleconverter. The rear thread size is only 46mm. The FZ10 lens is huge. But since the longer focal settings make use of only the central part of the lens, I can put the converter on, set it towards the telephoto side and VIOLA! It works fine!

BTW, I'm selling this 'never used' (except for taking test shots) OLYMPUS teleconverter at a firm RP of $90. Interested? :D

Thanks for the offer :) . Currently no more $$$ :( because just bought this pana fz10 (shared with gf) and oly c8080 (myself).

Cheers

Thankfully mine is made in Japan. Anyway my 1 yr 3 mths old oly c350z is made in Indonesia and so far still in tip top condition :thumbsup: .

So I guess as long as you trust the brand, it's products and quality, it does not matter where the product is made from.

Just my personal opinion :sweat:

Cheers

Newguy69 said:
Peninsula Plaza. Try to shop around first maybe you can get a better price than me.

Cheers.

what is model no of the suntax flash that you bought? which shop? cathay?

did you tried others before settling on this? thanks

then said:
what is model no of the suntax flash that you bought? which shop? cathay?

did you tried others before settling on this? thanks

Hi Then,

The model no. is 328AZ, (sorry..don't feel like naming the shop here). Anyway Suntax is a very common brand in s'pore so I guess you can get it from any camera retailers. I got it for 60 bucks.

Have tested with my cam, so far so good, to-date I have not detect any compatible issues...also hope will not happen in future :angel: . Before buying, I've posted a thread here earlier asking help about third compatible flash for fz10 but no response...sigh.

I've not try others, maybe a bit impulsive buying that day..... :think:

Cheers

Newguy69 said:
Hi Then,

The model no. is 328AZ, (sorry..don't feel like naming the shop here). Anyway Suntax is a very common brand in s'pore so I guess you can get it from any camera retailers. I got it for 60 bucks.

Have tested with my cam, so far so good, to-date I have not detect any compatible issues...also hope will not happen in future :angel: . Before buying, I've posted a thread here earlier asking help about third compatible flash for fz10 but no response...sigh.

I've not try others, maybe a bit impulsive buying that day..... :think:

Cheers

yah, saw your thread, was also waiting for some responses to it as I have same question

lightning69 said:
Is the FZ10 now manufacture in Malaysia? I hope not!!! :( Anyway, where did you hear about it?

From one the shops here at SLS.

I had heard that some shops were selling FZ10 as low as S$850/- and decided to check it out. It is true that some customers were getting FZ10 at this price, with gst.

How true? I can't confirm but I still think the ones made in Japan are superior in some ways.

Feinwerkbau said:

Ther is this brand called Digital Optics from the USA, saw it on Ebay. Tcons and Wcons from them made to 72mm mount. Try doing a search for yourself. Price of ard U$100/- if not mistaken.

Zenten said:
From one the shops here at SLS.

I had heard that some shops were selling FZ10 as low as S$850/- and decided to check it out. It is true that some customers were getting FZ10 at this price, with gst.

How true? I can't confirm but I still think the ones made in Japan are superior in some ways.

Maybe due to competitions.... :think:

Cheers

Zenten said:
Ther is this brand called Digital Optics from the USA, saw it on Ebay. Tcons and Wcons from them made to 72mm mount. Try doing a search for yourself. Price of ard U$100/- if not mistaken.

Like that cheap leh :bigeyes: , where do you get the lobang from and is the source reliable?

To all pana owners, its been nice talking to you all. Today is the my last day of my long leave (obliged to clear all my last year leaves - company policy) so will not have much time visiting and posting here again...sigh :(

Hopfully able to post some photos next time when I returned (still need time to figure out and master the controls) :bsmilie: .

Cheers & goodnight

Sorry to be a bit off thread here...

How come no one is toking about the orginal Tcon and Wcon lens by panasonic made espically for FZ-10...? Issit because they are too expensive or are they not up to quality...??

Any one seen shops selling original panasonic Tcon and Wcon...?? where and how much...??

Thanks in advance,
Hong Jia

Hong Jia said:
Sorry to be a bit off thread here...

How come no one is toking about the orginal Tcon and Wcon lens by panasonic made espically for FZ-10...? Issit because they are too expensive or are they not up to quality...??

Any one seen shops selling original panasonic Tcon and Wcon...?? where and how much...??

Thanks in advance,
Hong Jia

The are very expensive lah. Cost almost as much as the FZ10 itself.

Newguy69 said:
Like that cheap leh :bigeyes: , where do you get the lobang from and is the source reliable?

To all pana owners, its been nice talking to you all. Today is the my last day of my long leave (obliged to clear all my last year leaves - company policy) so will not have much time visiting and posting here again...sigh :(

Hopfully able to post some photos next time when I returned (still need time to figure out and master the controls) :bsmilie: .

Cheers & goodnight

Ought to be. The guy is an Ebay Power Seller!! If only they would ship to Singapore. Or you might consider signing up for a VpostUSA account. Check for :rolleyes: details with Sing Post. :thumbsup:

Newguy69 said:
Hi Zenten,

What modes of payment transaction do you paid for them, by VISA, MASTER or others. Do you also need a step down ring? Me still a green horn :p in PC/IT and looking for accessories for digital cams. Can share your experience with me? Thanks in advance.

Cheers

Payment thru PayPal. Understand this chap accepts Visa and Master as well.
Got to try this adapter, you save on having to pay for lenses/filters with bigger mount.

Status
Not open for further replies.