Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH Review

Feb 4, 2012
New York, USA
Hello, ClubSNAP! Just wanted to share the news with everyone... :)

Added today is the Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH review.

"The Leica Noctilux - a lens that immediately conjures up a variety of responses from photographers, even those that don't shoot a Leica. The lens enjoys an almost mythical status as it belongs to a very select club of ultra-fast lenses. Few commercially available lenses can boast a speed of f/1 (let alone f/0.95). It is also much sought after due to a distinctive character that combines a razor-thin depth of field and relatively strong vignetting when shot wide open. How does the latest incarnation stack up?"

http://lavidaleica.com/content/leica-noctilux-m-50mm-f095-asph

Hello, ClubSNAP! Just wanted to share the news with everyone... :)

Added today is the Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH review.

"The Leica Noctilux - a lens that immediately conjures up a variety of responses from photographers, even those that don't shoot a Leica. The lens enjoys an almost mythical status as it belongs to a very select club of ultra-fast lenses. Few commercially available lenses can boast a speed of f/1 (let alone f/0.95). It is also much sought after due to a distinctive character that combines a razor-thin depth of field and relatively strong vignetting when shot wide open. How does the latest incarnation stack up?"

Leica Noctilux-M 50mm f/0.95 ASPH | La Vida Leica!

Thanks for sharing the review :thumbsup:

Many have been poisoned badly by this lens but.........

For me, its one of these lenses that I would never buy, paper weight to me. No offense, just mho.
Its good for portraits dont get me wrong but I think I could get a better OOF at a better priced with a used 503CW or any other MF cameras.

Thank you, Mr. Cheese! :)

True, MF does give you an edge on DoF and for less money - but one thing it won't give you is f/0.95. So it really depends on your application. But definitely, I'm a big fan of the 503CW. In fact, all the photos shot for the review were done on one with a CFV16 digital back and the 50 FLE. ;)

Updated - some minor corrections, additional information on focusing and a video that features primarily a Noctilux being assembled at Leica Camera.