Legal experts come in pls? Odex Saga (again)

Status
Not open for further replies.
its fair,
cos when one uses pirated things.
one knows he cant be on the correct side of the law....
so one does it knowing the consequences....
and is prepared for the possibility of consequences...
though he might not accept the consequences....

but be a man..........if one spits/litter on the floor, and get caught by ah beng,
who reports him to the police...and the ah beng get commended by the police....
its better to do the CWO... corrective work order...
than to go around.....saying
"hey....the Ah beng has no right to report me....he also spits mah....."

so please be a man and go report yourselves to the police now.

its fair,

but be a man..........if one spits/litter on the floor, and get caught by ah beng,

the day that an ah beng report me for spiting is the day i look up and see pigs flying. :bsmilie:

the day that an ah beng report me for spiting is the day i look up and see pigs flying. :bsmilie:

some ah bengs go church one okay...
they surrender themselves to the Lord. :bsmilie:

really?
never ever?

you want to come and go through my CD collection? you'll need to fly yourself to japan though, see you soon :)

oh btw, don't try twisting your way out of this. you should really go to the police station already.

you want to come and go through my CD collection? you'll need to fly yourself to japan though, see you soon :)

aiyah...no need to search your CD collection,
searching one's own conscience will know liao =)

so let's go to the police together.. :bsmilie:

aiyah...no need to search your CD collection,
searching one's own conscience will know liao =)

so let's go to the police together.. :bsmilie:

you're accusing me? what kind of right do you have? oh, you're feeling guilty and will like to implicate others to join you? come on, be a man, you said it

its fair,

since you're so holy :)

i'll just like to add that my world is different from yours. in my world, only the lawful court can judge whether a person has committed a crime, not some profit seeking organisation.

in your world, anyone can judge you for your wrong doings. you should go to the police station now.

some ah bengs go church one okay...
they surrender themselves to the Lord. :bsmilie:

So? people's religious beliefs got nothing to do with being beng.

i think that what shinken is saying is right.

firstly, odex is not belting out "punishment" like the government does when you spit. the government does that to deter people from spitting. it is their right as the government to fine you because you have part in the social contract with the state. your example of the ahbeng reporting you is not analogous simply because who ever reporting you, the fine is paid to the state, not the ah beng. in odex's case, the ahbeng is fining you and putting the money in his pocket.

on the other hand, odex is asking for "compensation for lost of profits", the motives are different. odex as a private entity is asking for compensation for the lost of sales.

the question here is, is $5000 a fair sum.

Just a reminder to all. Stick to the topic.

To those that have cross the line, pls get urself back in. The next time will be an infractions. Search one's own conscience.. you know who you are.

Mod
Kopitiam

the question here is, is $5000 a fair sum.

well, if the question here is, is really $5000 a fair sum...?
i thinks it a valid question.

you're accusing me? what kind of right do you have? oh, you're feeling guilty and will like to implicate others to join you? come on, be a man, you said it

since you're so holy :)

i'll just like to add that my world is different from yours. in my world, only the lawful court can judge whether a person has committed a crime, not some profit seeking organisation.

in your world, anyone can judge you for your wrong doings. you should go to the police station now.

Well said,
since you can accuse me, why cant i accuse you?
if you can tell me to be a man to turn myself in, why cant you be a man too to turn yourself in? =)

my world is not different from your world.
its always good versus bad in basics.
ODEX is not the judge for morals...
ODEX is merely positioned in my arguments as one of the consequences for doing bad.
And when you are caught in such consequences, you accept the punishment, thats all.

Well said,
since you can accuse me, why cant i accuse you?
if you can tell me to be a man to turn myself in, why cant you be a man too to turn yourself in? =)

my world is not different from your world.
its always good versus bad in basics.
ODEX is not the judge for morals...
ODEX is merely positioned in my arguments as one of the consequences for doing bad.
And when you are caught in such consequences, you accept the punishment, thats all.

well you can go ahead and live in your own lala land governed by your own ideals, or just swallow your own words. goodnight :)

well you can go ahead and live in your own lala land governed by your own ideals, or just swallow your own words. goodnight :)

Yawn!!! its time indeed...good night
continue to live the grey life, yeah! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.