Laptop or a Macbook pro

ok i got one complain on macbook pro.

i find safari browser very slow and the latest version i updated was terrible.

anyone got tips to tweak this browser to load faster?

sony vaio

you really wanna edit your pictures on mac/pc?
some laptops display contrast aint that good. make sure u ve one with better display.

if i were you, i get a light enuff laptop probably 13inch or smaller.
i wont use it to edit any pics, juz download frm the CF card in case my CF is full, view and at the most basic edits

i prefer the serious editing at home with my trusty comp + calibrated screen and such
no point sitting in the hotel for 3hrs editing pics lol

Mozilla Firefox. :)

u are wrong again. Macbook no matter how u take care, cos of the material of the plastic, very fast it gets scratches! :)

My friend bought some black cover thingy that covers the whole exterior of his macbook, whether it's opened or closed, so I think that would solve the problem :)

Mac OS does have its security flaws. Mac users have to be educated so that they will not be caught off guard.

http://www.sophos.com/blogs/gc/g/2010/06/18/apple-secretly-updates-mac-malware-protection/

:thumbsup:

Lots of Mac users tend to have the false perception that Mac is immune, "there's no virus on a mac". Can't be any further from the truth than that. Fact is, Mac OS is written by human and no human software is perfectly secured. In fact, Mac OS is even more vulnerable than MS Windows, just that, Mac market share is still too small for the hackers / crime organization to bother attacking. Security through obscurity at its best. This is, though, rapidly changing, especially with the recent adoption of Mac OS over MS Windows by Google.

Back to the topic, as far as photo-editing is concerned, there's no real advantage of any platform over the other. The choice boils down to your preference platform.

Btw, as someone has pointed earlier, I'd take my trusty desktop over any laptop any day.

i would take mac just for the extra option of aperture.

My friend bought some black cover thingy that covers the whole exterior of his macbook, whether it's opened or closed, so I think that would solve the problem :)

its still not covered completely, you are still bound to get scratches, just do a google search on the complains haha. at least for the aluminium material u wun get scratches but u will get dents if u dropped to the floor or knocked your laptop into something hard.

anyway macbook pro's beauty (its the truth, some ppl buy a laptop just cos its nice not cos of its specs!) definitely beats the ordinary white macbook anytime.

Thanks all...pheew..lots of feedback in the tread and all is useful...i now roughly have an idea on what to get...thanks all again.

if your budget allows you, why not get a MBP? it can install Windows as well.

Between I'm using a Acer laptop since 2006 and every 3-4 years build desktop pc for lesser cost of any Mac computers.

:eek: In what way?

And if i get a mac, does it mean i can't play dota or modern warfare 2?;p

We did a side by side comparison of opening a 3GB PSD file then resize it to 50% and save it as another PSD file.

The T61 did it in 15min, while the Mac Book Pro could not open up the file even after the T61 completed the task. Mac Book Pro is having 4GB worth of RAM.

MB and MBP is not just about the chip and the ram, exterior or size or colour.

if you look carefully at the architecture it is entirely different.

the MBP 13" is, IMHO, really just a dressed up MB - the innards are closer to MB. Quite misleading. The old 13" Powerbook on the other hand was a true blue PB on the inside.

No inhouse webbrowser is fast enough, it is either Firefox or Google Chrome(fastest startup w/o homepage)

you really wanna edit your pictures on mac/pc?
some laptops display contrast aint that good. make sure u ve one with better display.

if i were you, i get a light enuff laptop probably 13inch or smaller.
i wont use it to edit any pics, juz download frm the CF card in case my CF is full, view and at the most basic edits

i prefer the serious editing at home with my trusty comp + calibrated screen and such
no point sitting in the hotel for 3hrs editing pics lol

Desktop is only good if you're not overseas and want to present your photos. Maybe MemoryCard co. should start to invent a 'FlashCard to HDD' Xfer w/o using laptop, maybe just a screen, something like a Ipod w CF card slot?

TS, for MBP 15", do pay extra $2xx for hi-res antiglare screen if you are more of an outdoor person.

And btw, having graduated from poly where every student uses a laptop, The common complaints for non-macbook/mbp users is that within 3 years, battery will die, fan will generate noise, speaker will be distorted(esp higher pitch). Although apple requires some $ to spend on some port to vga, if u intend to hook it up to a projector. I do not know based on the current specs how hot can a MB/MBP go. They don't seem to have this heat problem.

And btw, having graduated from poly where every student uses a laptop, The common complaints for non-macbook/mbp users is that within 3 years, battery will die, fan will generate noise, speaker will be distorted(esp higher pitch). Although apple requires some $ to spend on some port to vga, if u intend to hook it up to a projector. I do not know based on the current specs how hot can a MB/MBP go. They don't seem to have this heat problem.

Macs die like everything else as they essentially use the same parts as other notebooks. And with the aluminum bodies, they can get super hot.

It all depends on how the users use the laptops, I don't believe Mac has some magic design that prevents battery failure or speaker distortion if you abuse your laptop.

was tempted to get a MBP too.. until recent PC Show,I noticed Windows based core i5/i7 laptops are cheaper than the cheapest MBP. at the price of a C2D macbook pro, you can get a very decent core i5/i7 laptop with dedicated GFX. with the savings can get a nice Dell ultra-sharp IPS display for more space. just my personal preference

was tempted to get a MBP too.. until recent PC Show,I noticed Windows based core i5/i7 laptops are cheaper than the cheapest MBP. at the price of a C2D macbook pro, you can get a very decent core i5/i7 laptop with dedicated GFX. with the savings can get a nice Dell ultra-sharp IPS display for more space. just my personal preference

:thumbsup: sagiluck consider alienware from dell?

And of course, Mac still has MSN bug... once u click a link on mac... it spreads like any other pc. And some of the model do not allow battery removal...

Last edited: