Laos

Status
Not open for further replies.

oeyvind

Feb 25, 2002
www.oeyvind.org
Went to Laos for a short trip end of last month, some pix to share

88513142.jpg

Children laugh as they sort through sands to collect corns dropped from the sacks beside the river in Pak Beng

88588034.jpg

A novice monks chants in a prayer session at a temple in Luang Prabang, to mark the end of Buddhist Lent.

88577533.jpg

Umbrellas for sale at a market in Luang Prabang

88577536.jpg

A novice monk lights a lantern at a temple in Luang Prabang, to mark the end of Buddhist Lent.

88577537.jpg

Monks and people look at decoration at a temple in Luang Prabang, at the end of Buddhist Lent.

88580327.jpg

Wat May Souvanhnaphoumaram in Luang Prabang

88580335.jpg

Buddha statues at Wat Xieng Thong in Luang Prabang

88580348.jpg

A boat sails down the Mekong at Luang Prabang during sunset.

88580349.jpg

Monks decorate steps with candles near a temple ground in Luang Prabang to celebrate the end of Buddhist Lent.

88583362.jpg

Giant jars at Plain of Jars site #1

88583367.jpg

A toppled jar at Plain of Jars site #2

88583372.jpg

Giants jars at Plain of Jars site #3

88586467.jpg

A novice monk cleans a wall of a temple in Vientiane

88586473.jpg

A tuk tuk passes a street leading to the That Dam, also known as the "Black Stupa" in Vientiane

i like this series

very well done, on the whole.. especially the front part

any more?

Nice series , the first 3 photos and the one with candle lined staircase are good. Thanks for sharing.

As usual, very nice images, oeyvind !

Looks like I will be travelling the same route from Chiang Khong to Vientianne (except Phonsavan), timing to coincide with the Ban Pha That Luang festival.

Did you visit the Nam Ngum lake/dam enroute to Vientiane?

As usual, very nice images, oeyvind !

Looks like I will be travelling the same route from Chiang Khong to Vientianne (except Phonsavan), timing to coincide with the Ban Pha That Luang festival.

Did you visit the Nam Ngum lake/dam enroute to Vientiane?

Thanks... visiting during a festival is always a plus point... did not visit Nam Ngum.. :(

88580349.jpg

Monks decorate steps with candles near a temple ground in Luang Prabang to celebrate the end of Buddhist Lent.

hi, oeyvind. do you think this pic is a little too dark?

The umbrella photograph is really beautiful :)

i think just nice. probably a matter of taste here. my pick. me a sucker with available light.

i mean slightly longer exposure to capture more light especially for the monks on the top, or pp.

Looks a bit dark on my calibrated screen too.. Maybe just personal peference..

Nice series. Fav is this.

88588034.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.