Landscape lens

Status
Not open for further replies.
seanlim said:
:cool: Im using D50 and not D70...anw i find the quality of the D50 kit lens not that great so i want a Sharp wide angle lens

The D50 kit lens also sharp when you stop down.
you want a sharp wide angle lens but have budget so how to recommend?
how much your budget? state price then i bring you go shop see,better then empty talks again lor.

zaxh81 said:
The D50 kit lens also sharp when you stop down.
you want a sharp wide angle lens but have budget so how to recommend?
how much your budget? state price then i bring you go shop see,better then empty talks again lor.
Technically unlimited budget lah..im open for recommendations....

seanlim said:
thn think so much for wat? juz go get the nikkor 12-24:thumbsup:

seanlim said:

Ah hah! That's what I want to hear.

Buy buy buy!! :bsmilie: But really, think carefully about what you want to buy, based on what improvements you want over your kit lens. Remember to get something that will be wide enough for your needs...or long enough, depending on what you want to do.

yar...but " nen shen ze shen" so i want to spent lesser:)

seanlim said:
yar...but " nen shen ze shen" so i want to spent lesser:)

Yes, definitely. So think long term. If you look at two lenses, one being more expensive but much more versatile and another lens being cheaper but less versatile, I think you'd be better off just springing for a good one to start off with. Otherwise you'd be wanting something better in the end and will still buy it sometime down the track. That's not to say that you should jump straight at a 200-400mm f/4! But what I mean is to buy the best that you can afford, amongst the things that you are sure you can use.

If you feel that 20mm is wide enough, just get the D70 kit lens. I REALLY don't think there is any appriciable difference in sharpness for the 20mm f2.8 and the D70 kit lens at f5.6.

The d70 kit lens is very sharp. Go to slrgear.com to read the reviews on it.

If you are richer, get the nikon 12-24 lor.

seanlim said:
Hi...would AF 20mm F2.8D be recommended for landscape photography or are there better choices at ard the same price:D

Since your D50 already came with the 18-55mm, suggest you go straight for the AF-S DX 12-24mm f/4G IF-ED . That is, if you don't mind it being a DX lens and you don't mind a zoom instead of a prime. The 18-70mm, although obviously better than your current kit lens, won't give you much of a kick if you are into landscape. And no point selling your current kit lens as it doesn't command much resale value.

True, like what bowwow mentioned earlier, a telephoto can also be a landscape lens but I'm suggesting the AF-S DX 12-24mm f/4G based on the fact that you wanted a wide lens.

fWord said:
Will get the Tokina 12-24mm if I were you. Consider that you may want to frame things differently each time you shoot, and if you're sticking to the usual 'touristy lookouts', there's not much zooming you can do with your feet. I also wouldn't consider 20mm to be very wide if you factor in the 1.5X FOV crop factor.

yo bro, how muchy is the 12-24mm Tokina???

Good for building/architectural (churches, temple, unique building etc etc)shooting??

SEXiao said:
yo bro, how muchy is the 12-24mm Tokina???

Good for building/architectural (churches, temple, unique building etc etc)shooting??

According to the price list in the Nikon forums, it's going for $889 at CP...but w/o GST though. Grey at TCW @ $870...don't know if it includes GST. Best is to call for availability and prices before you go.

fWord said:
According to the price list in the Nikon forums, it's going for $889 at CP...but w/o GST though. Grey at TCW @ $870...don't know if it includes GST. Best is to call for availability and prices before you go.

Thank bro, will go check it out.... it is definitely a saving compare to the Nikon one.... just afraid of the quality.... :(

Status
Not open for further replies.