kx or k7

I would like to ask a question. Notwithstanding budget restriction, which would be a better buy - Nikon 90D. Canon EOS 550D or Pentax K-7?

This is a Pentax sub-forum of course the answer is K7 :D

As Felix already mentioned :

K7 :
1. Buttons galore (I can easily adjust ISO, Ev, AF, Modes, Shutter speed, Aperture w/o taking my eyes off the viewfinder); very much an 'advanced amateur' feature and more expensive to produce as physical buttons are more costly than electronic menus.
2. Weather Sealing (esp against dust environs)
3. Good backward compatibility to legacy lenses
4. Built in SR
5. Pentaprism
6. Top LCD panel (again easy of adjustment and use)
7. 2 dials (same reason as #1 and #6)
8. Instant review of WB adjustment (you can save it even)
9. On camera HDR

This is a Pentax sub-forum of course the answer is K7 :D

As Felix already mentioned :

K7 :
1. Buttons galore (I can easily adjust ISO, Ev, AF, Modes, Shutter speed, Aperture w/o taking my eyes off the viewfinder); very much an 'advanced amateur' feature and more expensive to produce as physical buttons are more costly than electronic menus.
2. Weather Sealing (esp against dust environs)
3. Good backward compatibility to legacy lenses
4. Built in SR
5. Pentaprism
6. Top LCD panel (again easy of adjustment and use)
7. 2 dials (same reason as #1 and #6)
8. Instant review of WB adjustment (you can save it even)
9. On camera HDR

I just poisoned another friend to buy a Pentax DSLR, but because of limited budget the choice was between a refurb K100D or a used K10D. In the end the decision was the K10D for the first 8 reasons. :thumbsup: Should also apply to K-7 or K-x, and any other entry-level vs prosumer/advanced amateur/mid-range DSLR discussion.

I just poisoned another friend to buy a Pentax DSLR, but because of limited budget the choice was between a refurb K100D or a used K10D. In the end the decision was the K10D for the first 8 reasons. :thumbsup: Should also apply to K-7 or K-x, and any other entry-level vs prosumer/advanced amateur/mid-range DSLR discussion.

K-x dosen't have 2.Weather sealing:(

their service at slr revo is really gd..:thumbsup: i wrote on their fb wall and asked for a quote for k7. i told him tat i will be headin down today. but with only 1.5k on hand..

he quote me 1338 + 419 for twin lens kit. total 1757. its over my budget.. he still showed me k7 and kx. i got hands on and felt it. so kind.. haha.. i was shocked to found out that SD card doesnt come together..:(

i brought my friend along as well.. he asked me to check out canon 550D. so i did.. the price was rite and its within my budget. so the competition between both canon and kx.. this is where i started thinkin for petty long..

i got canon 550D instead.. i still got spare cash to invest on other stuffs.

and pentax no freebies.. aiyo.. canon at least comes with a EOS bag and 8gb card.. tat also another reason i chose canon....

thank you guys once again!!:thumbsup:

You mean if you had bought the K-x, there is no extra cash left over? After buying K-x there is more cahs left over vs after bujying 550D :devil:

You mean if you had bought the K-x, there is no extra cash left over? After buying K-x there is more cahs left over vs after bujying 550D :devil:
haha! yeah but i think he was choosing between the K-7 and 550D. i would also probably choose 550D over K-x if budget is not tight. but if budget allows, i most certainly choose the K-7 ftw.:lovegrin:

BUT he chose 550D which is more ex than the K-x, oh well . . . Never mind as he made his choice already . . .

Maybe he wanted the K-7 more than the K-x and 550d. Maybe the feel of it bah but price for k7 too steep for him.
He may have felt that 550D feels better in his hands. :cool:

He has make his preference and we have make ours.. :bsmilie:

Just feel like saying this to TS:

Miyo....... de war ke orh orh ey beng (follow me to the dark side)

Anyway to each his own, maybe it's a good time to close this thread?

Just feel like saying this to TS:

Miyo....... de war ke orh orh ey beng (follow me to the dark side)

Anyway to each his own, maybe it's a good time to close this thread?

Agree. He has moved on. So should we.
No need to continue and be perceived as 'nasty' when we are good intentioned.

yup...he joined the dark side but for the wrong reasons. If he had gone there because he liked the camera, it would have been concluded there but he cited that the Empire's product was cheaper which was his main reason for buying it which made no sense. But yes, he is gone. We wish him all the best and let it be known that even Darth vader can be turned from the dark side. Some day a Luke will come and bring him back to the light side..he will ...:bsmilie:

After doing some reading I think I'll settle for the Canon EOS 7D

the photographer side of me just had a suicidal thought
*takes K-X ram K7 or 550D*
my cost of attack cost less than your gear, hah! =X