[kuantoh] 180 Degrees Panorama Singapore Nightscape

kuantoh

Feb 7, 2007
Pasir Ris / Tampines
See a lot of photographers tonight. After dinner, had my gear, after a heavy downpour, just one picture to share from this location. Stay a minute longer and my visa may be revoked... lol...

5229075834_5f33416ff3_b.jpg

Panorama stitched from 5 shots at 20mm (landscape) with PTGui.​

wait until u dang dang dang dang.....visa even harder to apply :bsmilie:
nice colors and reflections....just wonder if there is no gap between MBS and the CBD it will be better...

:thumbsup: Nice

wait until u dang dang dang dang.....visa even harder to apply :bsmilie:
nice colors and reflections....just wonder if there is no gap between MBS and the CBD it will be better...

Ya lor... visa is to be earned one... hahaha... Anyway, give another 3-5 years that gap sure fill up one. lol... Now I think the gap sort of still gives the place some breathing space. :bsmilie:

nice :)

I like the way the picture was framed.

Nice shot, er shots.:)

Visa more important... thread carefully... hahahaha.

now, if only those things on the bottom right and left could be removed.

Simply beautiful !

very nice and beautiful photo.

Want to share how to shot a panorama shot. :):)

nice :)

I like the way the picture was framed.

Thanks. Congrats on ur 42.195km completion. Will send u ur pics later. Lol...

Nice shot, er shots.:)

Haha... Thanks man. Ya shots.

Visa more important... thread carefully... hahahaha.

Yupz. It's a learning process day by day... when u hear them saying, "ok liao or not", u noe OT liao... :sweat:

now, if only those things on the bottom right and left could be removed.

Lol... ok. Think that framing not really work for all. I will see if I can remove them. Quite challenging...

Simply beautiful !

Thanks!

Superb shot!

Thanks!

very nice and beautiful photo.

Want to share how to shot a panorama shot. :):)

Thanks Roboflame. U can take a few shots handheld or with tripod(recommended, but not necessary coz sometimes during travel quite hard to setup tripod in short period of time). Depending on how wide the landscape is and the subject of interest, u can either shoot several shots at wide angles or at mid range tele (85mm etc) and use software to stitch them. I personally used PTGui to perform the stitching as it is pretty user friendly. Photoshop can also do the job.

Panorama can also be vertical, so do perform a search in google and see what panorama photography offers. For those more hardcore, may consider getting pano ball heads for tripods to ensure precision in their alignment in their shots etc.

Very nice :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Thanks thanks! :lovegrin:

Wah Chio ! Bro.. I also took a paranoma of that place but not as chio as yours. I feel that the sky on the right and left side a bit different. Right side a bit brown with cloud and left look very dark blue.

It look like you can stand and shoot at the right side of the pavement in order not to shoot the both side of the pavement.:thumbsup:

Last edited:

Thanks derrick and Bear! lol...

i love it ( ̄∇ ̄ )

Thanks Kiwira... That owl face is cute... (isit owl?)...

Wah Chio ! Bro.. I also took a paranoma of that place but not as chio as yours. I feel that the sky on the right and left side a bit different. Right side a bit brown with cloud and left look very dark blue.

It look like you can stand and shoot at the right side of the pavement in order not to shoot the both side of the pavement.:thumbsup:

Hi skybroodz, thanks for the feedback. If u notice, the difference in the skies are due to the amount of light pollution we have in SG. On the left side, light is coming from the ECP lamps and the MBS. Whereas on the right, the CBD, Esplanade, Orchard, TPY etc are lighting up the entire skies. The reddish brown WB in the skies can be attributed to the warm tungsten lights from the street lamps, buildings etc.

Nice idea to shoot on the right side of the pavement. I did consider that point, to exclude the stairs on both sides. And I too have a pano stitch from that same point. However, I noticed that the MBS is much more smaller as compared to this shot as I am away further from it and nearer to the Esplanade which sort of make everything right heavy. :)

The best angle, IMO, would be from the centre of the amphitheatre area, where the steel supports are. It would make both the MBS and Esplanade of almost same distance apart, thus better balance and centre the CBD. But that day, it was packed with lots of photographers so gave that side a miss. Will definitely return for another round in time.

Thanks!