Karate Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.
Flash disrupts concentration, so please do not use it out of consideration for the participants, even if the organisers do not enforce a no-flash rule.

actually, for all indoor sports, flash photography is either highly discouraged OR disallowed.

so those folks with f/1.8 lens, or even f/1.4 lens will be grinning from ear to ear... :D

Hi I would like to join for the photoshoot as well, and also see your instructor break some baseball bats with his shin. :)

Ruthie, you can see blood in Bangkok too :)

Any idea how low is the ceiling, and what colour? Can we use bounce flash? I think that is much less distracting than direct flash and the photos look much better too. Usually these places have high ceilings though.

Originally posted by toasty
Hi I would like to join for the photoshoot as well, and also see your instructor break some baseball bats with his shin. :)

Ruthie, you can see blood in Bangkok too :)

Any idea how low is the ceiling, and what colour? Can we use bounce flash? I think that is much less distracting than direct flash and the photos look much better too. Usually these places have high ceilings though.

Glad to know u are interested :)

The ceiling is quite high though

hmm... i am quite sure there will be blood too.. i have seen tweakmax break his nose...

uncle, i dunno whether i can go and support or not .. :cheergal:

Originally posted by beivied
hmm... i am quite sure there will be blood too.. i have seen tweakmax break his nose...

uncle, i dunno whether i can go and support or not .. :cheergal:

come lah :)

Tweakmax, how big is the competition area?(L x B) Also, how close are the photographers allowed to go and are there any restrictions?

Originally posted by Zerstorer
Tweakmax, how big is the competition area?(L x B) Also, how close are the photographers allowed to go and are there any restrictions?

Not very sure about the competition area, but just make sure you don't step onto the tatami map.

Originally posted by tweakmax
Not very sure about the competition area, but just make sure you don't step onto the tatami map.

Just wondering how close I can go as I don't have a fast telephoto yet.

The last time I shot something like this, I had one foot on the mat.:)

Originally posted by Zerstorer
Just wondering how close I can go as I don't have a fast telephoto yet.

The last time I shot something like this, I had one foot on the mat.:)

I think a medium tele should be enough :)

As long as you dun step onto the tatami I think should be ok (for your own safety also as the fighters may crash into you and your camera)

come lah :)

what if my c5050z kena smashed how... thats all my property liao le..... :cry: is our nikon f75 owner going? :) looks like there will be a lot of dslr owners crowding around the competitors...

tweakmax, you should join in the fight!!! All CSers will be cheering for you man! and the next day your photos will be flooded on CS, hahahhaha... :bsmilie:

shld be going there. the last time i saw a karate tournament was by the shitoryu.

btw, is 7pm the actual starting time or is it the time for official opening of the event n prelim rounds actually start before that?

think i shld be there ard 1830 though.

Originally posted by beivied
what if my c5050z kena smashed how... thats all my property liao le..... :cry: is our nikon f75 owner going? :) looks like there will be a lot of dslr owners crowding around the competitors...

tweakmax, you should join in the fight!!! All CSers will be cheering for you man! and the next day your photos will be flooded on CS, hahahhaha... :bsmilie:

I am camera man...cannot fight... :)

Originally posted by yellow_kiwi
shld be going there. the last time i saw a karate tournament was by the shitoryu.

btw, is 7pm the actual starting time or is it the time for official opening of the event n prelim rounds actually start before that?

think i shld be there ard 1830 though.

7pm is the time for official opening of the event

7pm is the time for official opening of the event
hi there,
by the way where is cheng san C.c and wat time r you going over there,who to look for?

:gbounce:Joe :gbounce:

Originally posted by joe
hi there,
by the way where is cheng san C.c and wat time r you going over there,who to look for?

:gbounce:Joe :gbounce:

Cheng San CC is near Ang Mo Kio MRT (5 min walk)

The official opening will be 7:00pm.

Be there!

This is the final update :)

28th June 2003 (Saturday)
7pm
Cheng San CC (alight at Ang Mo Kio Mrt Station, 5 min walk)

Besides the tournament, my dojo Sensei Patrick Teo
, 4th Dan, will be demonstrating breaking 3 baseball bats all at one go with his shin, plus other demonstrations.

Be there

This is the final update :)

28th June 2003 (Saturday)
7pm
Cheng San CC (alight at Ang Mo Kio Mrt Station, 5 min walk)

Besides the tournament, my dojo Sensei Patrick Teo
, 4th Dan, will be demonstrating breaking 3 baseball bats all at one go with his shin, plus other demonstrations.

Be there

thanks
Joe

I just want to know who went to the karate competition in Cheng San CC. Identify yourself by stating what you brought there ( example, the one with the crumpler bag, etc....) By the way, im the one with he nikon coolpix885. I took short video clips there instead of pictures because my camera too slow. Bythe time the digital camera's shutter react, the action is gone liao.

Status
Not open for further replies.