K10D in Incredible India.

Status
Not open for further replies.
:bigeyes: Whoa, the architecture in India is really a feast for the eyes!

Great photo series, phantasmal! :thumbsup:

very nice.. you guys really making m very tempted to attempt to buy the K10... but then again.. dun have much time for aall these these days.. maybe just photos of my niece...

Tks for looking k_istDS. Taking pics of nieces is a v nice interest too, i guess i have hundreds too but havent had a chance on K10D yet.

The places look just the same; the Indians have not done anything more than what they already have. These photos look exactly the same when I was there in Dec 2002. Back then I don't have a digital camera - so did not shoot many pics. However, it does remind me of the time when I was there with a group of friends ... it was a good experience riding on elephants up the hill to the fort. Overall, it is nice place to visit; except the dirty food and drink ... thats terrible. Thanks for sharing these memories with us.

The elephant ride was a gd experience indeed, not guaranteed to have nowadays.

Nice shots phantasmal. :thumbsup: Too bad the weather in Singapore and Malaysia is crap right now.

:bigeyes: Whoa, the architecture in India is really a feast for the eyes! Great photo series, phantasmal! :thumbsup:

Tks art2d2 and Hybrid. The architecture in India is very cool indeed but at the end of the trip i was a bit sick of red sandstones kind of building lol. Here's hoping the weather in sg will turn for the better.

496e7608fd5a8bcb5a02f92608d04e69-.jpg

c8f0247e777ca92d660ab86da4796047-.jpg

4b2ccf038ad750d5f908978fd319d859-.jpg

869e114719ae69e548321e674e445fa0-.jpg

5fa14c344f4f71d30f5a327d198133ec-.jpg

Hi phantasmal, excellent images you got there, you have a keen eye.

Did you take JPEG or RAW? The colours and tonality looks great. I like the atmospheric feel of your photos that can convey the mood of the place.

Only issue I have is with the barrel distortion evident in the architectural shots, unavoidable with the kit lens I guess. You can try some of the free photoshop plugins to correct that.

Hi phantasmal, excellent images you got there, you have a keen eye.

Did you take JPEG or RAW? The colours and tonality looks great. I like the atmospheric feel of your photos that can convey the mood of the place.

Only issue I have is with the barrel distortion evident in the architectural shots, unavoidable with the kit lens I guess. You can try some of the free photoshop plugins to correct that.

Hi tao, tks for the comments.

I took them in jpeg.
What are some of the free plugins? Sorry dunno of any.

The Taj Mahal

c458f509674af61c9f047e89bafdfbf0-.jpg

b6aa843477709f93fcebe4bdd5749af6-.jpg

Excellent series of the Taj Mahal... especially the above 2 shots. This place sure brings back lots of memories for me too ...:) What lens are you using again? Wide angle and telephoto?

The Taj mahal looks a little dark which is normal for Pentax cameras but wow...it looks like a post card shot! If only you can shoo those tourists away! ;)

Lovely images. You really seem to have captured the essence of Rajasthani architecture.

The only thing I would change is to capture the complete reflection of the Taj on the water (in the picture of the Taj with its reflection in the water the top of the central dome is cut off).

Excellent series of the Taj Mahal... especially the above 2 shots. This place sure brings back lots of memories for me too ...:) What lens are you using again? Wide angle and telephoto?

Tks for looking philshots, I am using the Kit Lens.

The Taj mahal looks a little dark which is normal for Pentax cameras but wow...it looks like a post card shot! If only you can shoo those tourists away! ;)

Sure hope there will be less tourists but well.... its Taj Mahal hehe and i am one of the tourist. I even hav a pic of me being body searched lol.

Lovely images. You really seem to have captured the essence of Rajasthani architecture.

The only thing I would change is to capture the complete reflection of the Taj on the water (in the picture of the Taj with its reflection in the water the top of the central dome is cut off).

Tks for looking nmk.
Yup full reflection is nicer. Here's one fr my Tz1.
9fbf6b1f572b2193a679f76fe6e70df6-.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.