K-x with 18-200 lens

fightingfish

Apr 19, 2010
Hi,

I am seriousely conseridering to get K-x as my first DSLR. Understand the package comes with 18-55 and 55-200 lens. Was thinking is there a 18-200 so that I do not have to change lens.

I am very new in photography. Intend to bring the cam for travel and thought it would be convenient not having to change lens.

Hope to get advise from friendly people here.

Thank you.

18-200 is very convenient but may i suggest bring along a 18-55 as well just in case the 18-200 got problems.

as far as i know K-X doesnt have a 18-200 kit but there may be shops who do trade in of kit lens for discount on 18-200. someone should be able to give a better answer.

There's a Tamron 18-250mm lens, but its kinda ex, $650 from the price list.
Not sure of the pricing now. but the dual lens kit sure is the best bang for the bucks.

Hi,

I am seriousely conseridering to get K-x as my first DSLR. Understand the package comes with 18-55 and 55-200 lens. Was thinking is there a 18-200 so that I do not have to change lens.

I am very new in photography. Intend to bring the cam for travel and thought it would be convenient not having to change lens.

Hope to get advise from friendly people here.

Thank you.

Buy Kit 2 or Kit 3 with either 50-200 or 55-300 which is better than the 18-250

Both add together is lighter then the 18-250

Why spend all the money on a good camera system and settle for a super zoom? Might as well get a good prosumer with the 10x zooms. ;)
The option of utilizing quality lenses of different focal length is one of the good reasons to have a DSLR.

I'd recommend the 18-55 and 55-200 as the minimum for your DSLR. They are at a good price, and have good performance.
Don't worry too much about changing lenses.

What's the aperture range for both 18-55mm and 55-200mm? So K-x with this dual kit is $899 is it?

../azul123

Yup 899 is the best price for now! SLR or Manly department store, but both out of stocks for now =S

Yup 899 is the best price for now! SLR or Manly department store, but both out of stocks for now =S

Just now i called Orient Photo, they still have in stock, can check with them though.

18-55mm F3.5-5.6
50-200.. F4-5.6
55-300mm F4-5.8
Thanks, appreciate it. I prefer boring black, looks like many here likes the colourful ones, so maybe black is available for me to get one.

../azul123

Thanks, appreciate it. I prefer boring black, looks like many here likes the colourful ones, so maybe black is available for me to get one.

../azul123

Are you getting the one with single kit lens or dual kit lens?

Are there any adapters I can buy to put my Nikon lenses (F mount) to the K-x?

../azul123

How much are they selling? hope it doesn't gets too expensive. thanks!

Same price as SLR Rev and Manly. you can always call and confirm.