Just curious. Are there any ladies photographers here?

Status
Not open for further replies.
st john island to shoot sunset, star trail (overnight), then sun rise? ha ha ha

denniskee said:
st john island to shoot sunset, star trail (overnight), then sun rise? ha ha ha

Interested? PM me :bsmilie: How was your star trail last night?

wah, you still sleepy ya? not last night, it was friday night lah, ha ha ha

st john island! that's far.. how to get there?

theITguy said:
Seriously saying, I do not know what is the big deal with female photographer or male photographer. Organising female only outing is just another direction towards being sexist.

Talking about equally, thats only so much of it.

It's not what you think I am being sexist by doing these. Just suggesting a outing where all female photographers could get together once awhile. No hard feelings and don't get the wrong impression pls

fisheye said:
We can all agree that photography isn't be a sexist hobby. Perspective wise, I'm not sure - but we don't see any female photographers shooting female models (although i'm sure some of us would like to shoot male ones!). For example most of the shots on the modelling thread... Perhaps high fashion / advertising / product kind of model shoots work for me, but I'm not sure if having women just pose for the camera serve any meaning. In that sense, male and female photographers might be quite divided (in perspective).

Secondly, maybe the rest of the outings have been heavily patronized by male photographers, hence an intimidation of the females to participate. Not sure if that's the case, but if it is, I think horizonsky's suggestion is good.

I'm one of these ppl shooting models and events, be it an assignment assigned by news agencies or not, shooting models is my forte.

Will appreciate if the Admin Team to move this thread(s) to a suitable forum: ladies forum.. so ladies can be assured of privacy

quekky said:
there are still a lot of females photographers, at least a lot who thinking of taking up photography

i think maybe:
- females tend to be more concentrated once they have their target fixed on a hobby
- family and friend pressure, quite a few friends who wanted to learn have their family members saying "gals shouldn't learn those guys stuffs" :dunno:
- duno who to approach (but nowadays with internet a lot easier to learn)
- some ppl just liked to be pampered

recently read books by Allan and Barbara Pease ("Why men lie and why women cry"). It says that by nature evolution, men are more engineered for hunting and mechanics while women are more engineered for home-making.

in that sense, maybe going all out for a great shot is akin to hunting? perhaps that's why. The similar idea can be applied to male dominance in sports, female dominance in care-giving.

just for sharing purposes. :D male or female, we love all our fellow enthusiasts!

sorry ot before thread kana close / moved

dont agree with rain spring, top fashion desginer, cheft are male dominance.

guys can go huh ?
dun mind shooting sun set n sun rise there
plus a good chance of camping there
;)

hOrizoNsKy said:
Wish to know if there is any to organise all ladies photography outing. ;)

That will be fun :D

count me in ! :)

Rain Spring said:
The similar idea can be applied to male dominance in sports, female dominance in care-giving.

just for sharing purposes. :D male or female, we love all our fellow enthusiasts!

I dun support that phrase. I'm an example of a sportsman and events shooter.
I'm proud of that, being the only female in my group of colleuges who are males. Women don't nesscarily be housewives...sorry but downz to that. Futureristic women's place is in the office, calling shots, playing the role of Art Directors, earning their bread and bacon. That is the 21st Century women-on the go!

theITguy said:
Seriously saying, I do not know what is the big deal with female photographer or male photographer. Organising female only outing is just another direction towards being sexist.

Talking about equally, thats only so much of it.

Cool dude....although i agree that photograhy should not be gender catergorised...(*pls pardon ah_seng's england)......I don't see any thing wrong with organising female only outing.

Let the gals have a good time together if they feel more comfortable that way ya? Nothing wrong with that.....

Makes no big difference here...I'd rather shoot with the guys, they're a fun group and they treat me as one of their brothers, not a girl. Anyway...gals, I apologise here but what I'm going to say next is very sexist.
Generally, a female outing sounds to me like you girls don't like to mingle around with the guys. Majority of the photogs here are males and there are lots of things you can learn from them. I don't see why the guys can't come along. In fact, I grew up with the boys, played with them rough, threw dainty 'ah-nia' shoes out of the window and biked till late with them.Secondly, won't you agree with me that after a day's worth of shoot, everyone in the group will start to divert the topic to either gossip or shopping?Or maybe after a while?
Hmm...guys, pls chip in your replies on your views.
Apologies,
TJ

jodie_tan said:
Makes no big difference here...I'd rather shoot with the guys, they're a fun group and they treat me as one of their brothers, not a girl. Anyway...gals, I apologise here but what I'm going to say next is very sexist.
Generally, a female outing sounds to me like you girls don't like to mingle around with the guys. Majority of the photogs here are males and there are lots of things you can learn from them. I don't see why the guys can't come along. In fact, I grew up with the boys, played with them rough, threw dainty 'ah-nia' shoes out of the window and biked till late with them.Secondly, won't you agree with me that after a day's worth of shoot, everyone in the group will start to divert the topic to either gossip or shopping?Or maybe after a while?
Apologies,
TJ

I like your attitude ;) Most imptly all should have fun...nothing to be intimated about~

jodie_tan said:
Apologies,
TJ

As another female photographer I agree with TJ. Doesn't matter guy or girl photographer, we all wanna learn how to take better pictures. So why not share? There's no need to feel intimidated during outings with guys with better equipment or what not. What matters is at the end of the day, we get nice photos haha :D

calisc said:
As another female photographer I agree with TJ. Doesn't matter guy or girl photographer, we all wanna learn how to take better pictures. So why not share? There's no need to feel intimidated during outings with guys with better equipment or what not. What matters is at the end of the day, we get nice photos haha :D

but i am intimated by women with bigger "guns" :bsmilie: :embrass:

Status
Not open for further replies.