Jumping onto the m9-p

You need to get the goggles to be working properly with your m9 (infinity point must be aligned between lens barrel focusing point ans VF image (strangedly, my M9 did not,...but my M8 did. All my other non goggle ASPH lenses worked well with both m8 & M9).

I needed the magnifier 1,4x (for m8, cause the frame is a 120mm framelines box size compared to m9's 90mm framelines due to crop factor of 1.33) for utilizing the f2.8 as I noticed the razor thin DOF easily lost my focused subject but rather focused onto objects near to the focused object at close distance.

hmm, interesting that we are seeing similar issues here. I focused mine at infinity and it shows up as being focused in the viewfinder, and then i shoot a building that's at least 1 km away, and the image is still horribly blurry. not sure what the problem is though. It's a great little lens, really hope to be able to get this fixed

No need to go Hong Kong to buy at SGD8k+ as local shops bring in too at the same price for such export sets. I dont mean those Leica authorised dealers in Singapore though. I am referring to some 2nd hand shops at Peninsula areas. You can check out mass sales thread.

Interesting that most existing users used to buy in USA or Germany, getting around this price for a "look-mint" set tagged as returned set, refurbished set, or display set with full awareness of the status since reputable stores will declare this, thus they were priced them lower than market price of really brand new unused set.

Wonder if some of these cheaper-than-market versions are from such categories?

Either that or a lot of people bought for SGD8k+ in HK before realizing that the M9/M9P is not easy to shoot and that lenses are insanely expensive compared to Nikon (and even Hasselblad!) :p

Last edited: