joining the club

Congras on your new camera.
Go TK photo at Sim Lim Square level 3 to look at the bags? think they have more variety there. Tripod take your time, u are into black and white photos mostly with portraits or landscape? IF more on portraits, tripod can take your time. Save up your money first.

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544 try reading here for some photography notes? And also must read thru your manual, it's important as it tells you all about ur DSLR, reading basic books on dslr don't give a full feature as their acronyms maybe different for different systems.

Oh yah, anyone knows has SLR revo shift location? Heard they are moving to a bigger shop, if yes, then maybe there have more accessories to see liao :)

Please do not mislead TS.When did TK move to SLS 3rd floor?I was at Funan yesterday and even went in TK...

SLRR is shifting to Funan #04-18...

thanks for the heads up people

im planning to budget about $20 for 2nd hand sling bag and maybe $40 for 2nd hand tripod

hope they are not chui kind, just 2nd hand from a careful owner who wants to upgrade.

will read thru the manuals,

SLR-revo will be moving 1 floor down. currently they're on the 5th.

and im very into black and white face portaits (primarily; of course im interested in other things also)

also interested in night scenery (HDB), and landscapes in general

Your budget may be a little small for sling bag.You might wanna go down to CP/TK or K13 and take a look at their range of bags.As for tripod,i think the only one that fits your budget is Fancier(Chinese name is Wei Feng):)

oh btw guys i got a Hoya HMC filter on my lens.. will go out snap snap today trying the manual mode.. and post, pls critique so i can learn later ;)

Please do not mislead TS.When did TK move to SLS 3rd floor?I was at Funan yesterday and even went in TK...

SLRR is shifting to Funan #04-18...

ah thanks cleonbus, for pointing out the mistake. Think I must be falling asleep. Did not notice such a big mistake. Sorry :embrass: it should be funan level 2. Would edit my post later.

im planning to budget about $20 for 2nd hand sling bag and maybe $40 for 2nd hand tripod

hope they are not chui kind, just 2nd hand from a careful owner who wants to upgrade.

and im very into black and white face portaits (primarily; of course im interested in other things also)

no offence but if you were a careful owner wishing to sell off good quality and well maintained equipment to upgrade, would you sell it at that price? :what:

i would actually be very wary of pple who are selling supposedly good equipment at lelong price :sweat: ...

my advice is to prioritize: get a bag to protect your equipment, save up for a decent tripod that will last you.

A good tripod WILL cost about $100 or more depending on what type you want. My carbon fibre Manfrotto cost me $500 without the ball head when I got mine in 2008 and guess what? I hardly ever use it. It is always in my car boot waiting to be used . . .

A good camera bag is an investment and you will need it. just go to the shops recommended and decide if a sling bag or a backpack is your ideal choice.

I moved from a sling bag to a backpack because of the number of lenses I always carry out with me.

yeah spend more to get a quality bag to protect your camera. you will want your tripod to be sturdy and not topple easily. buy the bag first, buy a good tripod later.

for bags..maybe you can try the bagman insert recommended by Brian here http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?p=6348092#post6348092..cost about $28 from bagman showroom in ubi

alternatively..you can try lowepro exchange messenger bag..can take a look here http://photography-on-the.net/forum/showthread.php?t=859062..cost about $28 from TK..just saw it there yesterday

i hv both..bagman insert padding is thicker and offer more protection..but the lowepro is lighter..gd if u juz wan to go light and easier to change lens as well

Last edited:
hi everyone,

i just went down to bedok town park to take some photos, please critique me so i can learn!!

description: bedok town park is a neighborhood that i have lived all my life.

gear: k-x, with kit lens DAL 18-55mm

modes: all in aperature priority modes

onev.jpg

f6.3, 1/100s, iso 400

fivef.jpg

f8, 1/400, iso 400

fourt.jpg

f5.6, 1/400 iso 400

threea.jpg

f5.6, 1/500 iso 400

twos.jpg

unrelated to bedok town park, but thats my mum holding a braised tofu