Japan

Status
Not open for further replies.
I chose Viator for a day trip to Mt. Fuji during my trip in May, like many similar tour groups, they are middle man for JTB. The tour is taken by JTB personnel hence it could be cheaper if you go to the bus terminal and check the price.

However, I think USD$150 for the trip is quite worth it, save the hassle of planning/traveling on your own.

I went to Kyoto on two successive autumns.

Definitely in the top 5 places worldwide to visit in autumn.

I have just posted my first slideshow on youtube:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vNGxs8JzPdY

Title: Memories of Autumn in Kyoto.

Hi guys, anyone have any advice on staying overnight @ mt fuji area, from travel viator a 2day 1 night stay seems really expensive, even the day tour from tokyo is about US150-200

Hakone area is good for staying overnight. they have hotels near Yumoto but i would suggest you try the ryokan if you have not experience before.

it is quite easy to travel to Hakone by train. You can buy the Hakone pass which take you around in Hakone. Ride free in buses, ropeway to Owakudani Valley
, cable car and cruise across Lake Ashi. The round trip should take you half a day and if you can't see mount fuji, you can always go back on the 2nd day. I only manage to see mount fuji on the 2nd day.

Last edited:
Hi guys, I will be traveling to Tokyo at the end of October and I have a couple of questions to ask. Basically I would like to know whether my itinerary is a bit too tight below. I have roughly planned out as such. My only concern is that I do not know which of the places I might spend too long or too short (I went Montreal some other time only to find out I can cover all those important areas in 1.5 days instead of 3, haha)

Mon 26Oct:
1735: Arrive in Narita
1800: Clear customs, depart for Asakusa bashi
1930: Arrive in Asakusa bashi
2100: Arrive in hostel, check in baggage

Tue 27Oct:
0630: Depart hostel
0730: Depart Asakusa on Tobu line for Nikko (Kegon1)
0916: Arrive at Tobu Nikko train station
1000: Toshogu Shrine, Rinnoji Temple, Futarasan Temple (2.5 hours too much or too little?)
1230: Check in at inn
1330: Board bus for Chuzenji at Tobu Nikko station
1430: Arrive at Chuzenji Onsen
Lake Chuzenji
Chuzenji Onsen
Kegon Falls
Futarasan Shrine
Chuzenji Temple
(Around 3 hours too long or short?)

1748: Depart back for Nikko
1850: Arrive at Nikko

Wed 28Oct:
0730: Check out
0800: Leave Nikko station for Kinugawa
0830: Visit Edo Wonderland and Tobu World Square (6 hours for both places too long or short?)
1430: Leave Kinugawa, head back to Asakusa and try to get the last or 2nd last bus to Kawaguchiko from Shinjuku (Kinugawa-Asakusa-Shinjuku-Kawaguchiko. Is it too tight or should I leave Kinugawa earlier?)

Buses leaving Shinjuku for Kawaguchiko
STD 1810 STA 1955
STD 1910 STA 2055
STD 2010 STA 2155
Check in at inn at Kawaguchiko

Thu 29Oct:
0800: Wake up, check out, proceed to Kawaguchiko (1.5 hours too long or short to explore Kawaguchiko? I think I will just explore the lake and enjoy the Fuji view... don't think I will be going for Fuji-Q etc)
0930: Proceed to Kawaguchiko Station
1015: Bus to 5th Station
1110: Arrive at 5th Station (3 hours too long or short for 5th station?)
1430: Depart 5th Station
1518: Arrive at Kawaguchiko Station
1530: Leave Kawaguchiko for Gotemba
1700: Arrive at Gotemba
1720: Depart Gotemba for Gora
1810: Arrive at Gotemba
1825: Depart Gotemba for Hakone Yumoto
1900: Arrive at Hakone Yumoto, check in at inn

Fri 30Oct:
0800: Explore Hakone
Hakone Yumoto to Gora via Hakone Tozan Train
Gora to Sounzan via Hakone Tozan Cable Car
Sounzan to Togendai via Hakone Ropeway
Togendai to Moto Hakone via Cruise
Moto Hakone to Hakone Yumoto via bus
Check out from inn

2015: Depart Hakone Yumoto for Shinjuku
2148: Arrive in Shinjuku
2300: Check in hostel

Last edited:
a think to note about hakone. fuji san will be back lit in the afternoon so it is better to go in the morning. Half a day should be more than enough time to do the round trip.

yeah i will be exploring hakone in the morning. may i know which area in hakone offers the best view of fuji san? if it is from the lake ashi, should i reverse my route for my trip around hakone, i.e.
Hakone Yumoto to Moto Hakone by bus (from here I should be able to see Mt Fuji across Lake Ashi in the morning?)
Moto Hakone to Togendai via cruise etc etc...

thanks for the quick reply

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendation for hotel/ryokan accom in Kyoto in 3rd week of Oct? I checked many places and all are fully booked!

I'm hoping to get 2 nites' room at say S$200 or less per nite and near city or train station if possible.

Any advice pls share here with the rest or can also PM me. Thanks v much!

Hi all,

Does anyone have any recommendation for hotel/ryokan accom in Kyoto in 3rd week of Oct? I checked many places and all are fully booked!

I'm hoping to get 2 nites' room at say S$200 or less per nite and near city or train station if possible.

Have you tried MSN Travel?

Hi all,

Can try toyoko-inn , not very far and better facilities, it may fit your budget.

http://www.toyoko-inn.com/eng/index.html

Hi guys, I will be traveling to Tokyo at the end of October and I have a couple of questions to ask. Basically I would like to know whether my itinerary is a bit too tight below. I have roughly planned out as such. My only concern is that I do not know which of the places I might spend too long or too short (I went Montreal some other time only to find out I can cover all those important areas in 1.5 days instead of 3, haha)

Mon 26Oct:
1735: Arrive in Narita
1800: Clear customs, depart for Asakusa bashi
1930: Arrive in Asakusa bashi
2100: Arrive in hostel, check in baggage

Tue 27Oct:
0630: Depart hostel
0730: Depart Asakusa on Tobu line for Nikko (Kegon1)
0916: Arrive at Tobu Nikko train station
1000: Toshogu Shrine, Rinnoji Temple, Futarasan Temple (2.5 hours too much or too little?)
1230: Check in at inn
1330: Board bus for Chuzenji at Tobu Nikko station
1430: Arrive at Chuzenji Onsen
Lake Chuzenji
Chuzenji Onsen
Kegon Falls
Futarasan Shrine
Chuzenji Temple
(Around 3 hours too long or short?)

1748: Depart back for Nikko
1850: Arrive at Nikko

Wed 28Oct:
0730: Check out
0800: Leave Nikko station for Kinugawa
0830: Visit Edo Wonderland and Tobu World Square (6 hours for both places too long or short?)
1430: Leave Kinugawa, head back to Asakusa and try to get the last or 2nd last bus to Kawaguchiko from Shinjuku (Kinugawa-Asakusa-Shinjuku-Kawaguchiko. Is it too tight or should I leave Kinugawa earlier?)

Buses leaving Shinjuku for Kawaguchiko
STD 1810 STA 1955
STD 1910 STA 2055
STD 2010 STA 2155
Check in at inn at Kawaguchiko

Thu 29Oct:
0800: Wake up, check out, proceed to Kawaguchiko (1.5 hours too long or short to explore Kawaguchiko? I think I will just explore the lake and enjoy the Fuji view... don't think I will be going for Fuji-Q etc)
0930: Proceed to Kawaguchiko Station
1015: Bus to 5th Station
1110: Arrive at 5th Station (3 hours too long or short for 5th station?)
1430: Depart 5th Station
1518: Arrive at Kawaguchiko Station
1530: Leave Kawaguchiko for Gotemba
1700: Arrive at Gotemba
1720: Depart Gotemba for Gora
1810: Arrive at Gotemba
1825: Depart Gotemba for Hakone Yumoto
1900: Arrive at Hakone Yumoto, check in at inn

Fri 30Oct:
0800: Explore Hakone
Hakone Yumoto to Gora via Hakone Tozan Train
Gora to Sounzan via Hakone Tozan Cable Car
Sounzan to Togendai via Hakone Ropeway
Togendai to Moto Hakone via Cruise
Moto Hakone to Hakone Yumoto via bus
Check out from inn

2015: Depart Hakone Yumoto for Shinjuku
2148: Arrive in Shinjuku
2300: Check in hostel

Did you plan to visit Tokyo Motor Show??
That will happen from 24 Oct 2009 to 4 Nov 2009....

I think you should include this into your itinerary... :bsmilie:

http://www.tokyo-motorshow.com/

Status
Not open for further replies.