It's insulting to photographers here on CS

Status
Not open for further replies.
wah! gt so serious mah?:bigeyes:

like that those kopitiam, hawker centre light box food menu with photographs also insulting everybody lay.:think::angry::bsmilie:

Last edited:
wah! gt so serious mah?:bigeyes:

like that those kopitiam, hawker centre light box food menu with photographs also insulting everybody lay.:think::angry::bsmilie:
lmao!!

+1

Cannot help but notice, the pictures posted by many photoshoot organizers are meaningfully worst then the worst posted on the portrait forum.

A handful of the organizers do post decent to great images to advertise their shoots, but as for the majority, the pictures are absolutely unacceptable.

The organizers what our money, and yet, they do not even bother to do some homework to entice us. There are just way too many grainy, distorted, contorted, totally CMI pictures used to advertise these photoshoot.

I found this absolutely insulting. What are they thinking, that all photographers here in CS is blind?? Or, as long as there are some Ta and A, photographers will blindly sign up?? Or what?
actually I find there is noting wrong with that..

for sure these shoots are not cater to people are so pro like you. ;p

and since you are not joining the photo shoot, so you can't really say that is an insult. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Cannot help but notice, the pictures posted by many photoshoot organizers are meaningfully worst then the worst posted on the portrait forum.

A handful of the organizers do post decent to great images to advertise their shoots, but as for the majority, the pictures are absolutely unacceptable.

The organizers what our money, and yet, they do not even bother to do some homework to entice us. There are just way too many grainy, distorted, contorted, totally CMI pictures used to advertise these photoshoot.

I found this absolutely insulting. What are they thinking, that all photographers here in CS is blind?? Or, as long as there are some Ta and A, photographers will blindly sign up?? Or what?

why not you conduct one workshop for them...

actually I find there is noting wrong with that..

for sure these shoots are not cater to people are so pro like you. ;p

and since you are not joining the photo shoot, so you can't really say that is an insult. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Well, I dun think the issue here is whether one is a professional or a hobbyist per se. To a certain degree, it is right that pros do not attend shoots like these. Rather people go to them to get the shoot done. But at hand, the photos posted by the organisers leaves much to be desired save for a handful of good ones. Some of the newer organisers also manage to post good pictures to lure shooters, for them they know the market and what works. To me Beaches is one of them newer ones over the past year. As for Esther and Ivan, their standards have always been there, so that is a vote of confidence for them. Even Venom as well just to name some.

Which brings me to a question: how many organisers themselves are photographers as well?

Well, I dun think the issue here is whether one is a professional or a hobbyist per se. To a certain degree, it is right that pros do not attend shoots like these. Rather people go to them to get the shoot done. But at hand, the photos posted by the organisers leaves much to be desired save for a handful of good ones. Some of the newer organisers also manage to post good pictures to lure shooters, for them they know the market and what works. To me Beaches is one of them newer ones over the past year. As for Esther and Ivan, their standards have always been there, so that is a vote of confidence for them. Even Venom as well just to name some.

Which brings me to a question: how many organizers themselves are photographers as well?
I'm aware there are many organizers out there tho I don't join shoots. DP is complaining some organizers using some CMI photos to showcase their models, and find it is an insult to photographers.
My point is.. since there are many organizers running photo shots around here, they cater to different levels of photographers, and customers have free well to pick what they like, and since he (DP) will not pick sure photo shoots, so no reason for him to feel insulting. especially we can't control how other people doing things or feeling.

I'm aware there are many organizers out there tho I don't join shoots. DP is complaining some organizers using some CMI photos to showcase their models, and find it is an insult to photographers.
My point is.. since there are many organizers running photo shots around here, they cater to different levels of photographers, and customers have free well to pick what they like, and since he (DP) will not pick sure photo shoots, so no reason for him to feel insulting. especially we can't control how other people doing things or feeling.

Agreed on that. But if supposedly you were to go for a photoshoot, how will you determine which shoot you will go to by looking at the pictures posted?

Just to ask.;)

I think the CS Administrators should set a minimum standard for photos of the organisers. :bsmilie:

Agreed on that. But if supposedly you were to go for a photoshoot, how will you determine which shoot you will go to by looking at the pictures posted?

Just to ask.;)

By the chio-ness of the XMM...

Actually, the subject doesn't matter. The SKILLS of the photographers is all that matter. A pro photographers can shoot a CMI models into a worldclass portrait.

So for portrait photographer or wedding outdoor shoot, should the photographers scan the photos first before determining if they want to accept the job? :bsmilie: Ugly subjects spoilt his portfolio.

Just look around, how many commercial photographers are here, how many wedding photographers are here, and how many photographers here in CS depend on photography as their rice bowl.

Look at their book, their portfolio and their websites. By and large, there is a minimum quality to all of the images used. They are selling their services, and the images is their brand. They all put the "best foot" forward. Anything less, it's unfathomable to them.

Fast forward to CS photoshoot forum. The organizers are offering a service/product. Should they too not put their best foot forward?

Do you think, if a wedding photographer puts forth CMI bridal pictures, will be able to make ends meet, bring home the "chicken rice". pay the bills ...

And why do we think it's ok for the photoshoot organizers to advertise their shoot with pictures that at bes are CMI? Are they thinking that photographers from CS are blind?

why not you conduct one workshop for them...

How to shoot T an dA or to advertise their shoot?

T and A, can. How to advertise their shoot, there are way too many masters and mistresses in this , I dare not try to do lah :)

Just look around, how many commercial photographers are here, how many wedding photographers are here, and how many photographers here in CS depend on photography as their rice bowl.

Look at their book, their portfolio and their websites. By and large, there is a minimum quality to all of the images used. They are selling their services, and the images is their brand. They all put the "best foot" forward. Anything less, it's unfathomable to them.

Fast forward to CS photoshoot forum. The organizers are offering a service/product. Should they too not put their best foot forward?

Do you think, if a wedding photographer puts forth CMI bridal pictures, will be able to make ends meet, bring home the "chicken rice". pay the bills ...

And why do we think it's ok for the photoshoot organizers to advertise their shoot with pictures that at bes are CMI? Are they thinking that photographers from CS are blind?

Photographers sell photography service, so photography and photos must be damned good.

Photoshoot organisers provide models, so photography not their main priority.

I have a photographer who came asking us to photo them with their handphone camera and put it up so that the model's features can be seen proper and faster. It was the eve of the shoot day.

Lucky the model is having a shoot with another photographer so ask the photographer to do us a favour. He is a friend however... kekeke.:bsmilie:

is there really a model look alike here.... 90 percent are better off at the market

Just to ask.;)
IF......IF I would go for a photoshoot, and I have to PAY for it, of course I will be PICKY.

but most of the time I'm not very picky about my subjects, since I'm being paid to shoot.

Status
Not open for further replies.