IT Show 2007

Status
Not open for further replies.
My friend is going to sell his 3 mth old 18-200mm Donno whether will you be interested or not. However, he is overseas now, will be back in 2 weeks.
:D

any idea on which major retailer will be representing Canon or Nikon? Or the brands will DIY sell themselves?

any idea on which major retailer will be representing Canon or Nikon? Or the brands will DIY sell themselves?
usually, for the first 3 shows in a year, the company would sell by themselve to increase the sells... till the last one, they would pass it to the retailers.... last year the last show dun hav some of them

Yeah, got many generic brands for it.
My advice is to test it on the spot with a harddisk.
A friend of mine bought one new and found out it was incompatible with a certain brand of HDD for some unknown reason.
Find one with at least a download progress indicator.
If you have money to splurge you can consider something like the Vosonic 8360 or Epson P3000 which are multimedia viewers and can even read RAW files directly.

well I bought a Vosonic 8360 80GB for $615 at SLS, have a SD/ MMC /MS and a CF carders ... well can play mp3/mp4/ movies, see photos ... a good bargain

well I bought a Vosonic 8360 80GB for $615 at SLS, have a SD/ MMC /MS and a CF carders ... well can play mp3/mp4/ movies, see photos ... a good bargain
Well, I bought my vosonic 8360 at Eastgear for , i think, $599 ( should be correct), with 120GB Harddisk. Usually, I check out eastgear, cause they are reputable and reliable. Service is prompt too.

My friend is going to sell his 3 mth old 18-200mm Donno whether will you be interested or not. However, he is overseas now, will be back in 2 weeks.
:D
for the 3mth old, unless its going for less than $1000, I will consider it. Anythin more, and i will ge it new. I don't mind paying $1250 - $1300+ for a new one with 1 yr warranty, as I intend to sell it next year in the Uk after my 1 yrs course.

usually, for the first 3 shows in a year, the company would sell by themselve to increase the sells... till the last one, they would pass it to the retailers.... last year the last show dun hav some of them
Yeah, but usually, they sell kit, but no lenses only...;(

Best thing of the year... Still waiting to see if there's any... eh... Gaming competition... hehehe =P want to win free stuff again... Won a free X-FI extrememusic for being 2nd in Fear mini Tourney 2 years back... Last year they stop for a year... usually every year also got game tourney.... OMG... my hand getting itchy again =P

Looking to get an external DVD Burner with LightScribe at the IT Show. What would be good value for money and burns fast as well?

Been searching the web and mostly turns up LG and Samsung brand, any advice?

../azul123

Seriously, I don't think you would need a lightscribe. Its juz a gadget.
:)

Hmmm... I see.

Was thinking of labeling all the DVD's I burn and could be nice feature to have, now that you mention it.. I can also easily print the labels with my printer, thanks. Was at HWZ to check out what is a good DVD Burner and Asus was mentioned to have the fastest and reliable too.

Hope there are good bargains at this IT Show. Since I plan to use it with my notebook, connecting via USB2.0 would it make any difference if I buy a SATA DVD Burner versus an IDE DVD Burner?

../azul123

I did the same last month. Sim Lim Square sell alot of this OTG Hard disk but without LCD Screen. I will recommend Nexto OTG ND-2300 from Eastgear. Cheap will good.:thumbsup:

http://www.eastgear.com/shop/index.php?cPath=17_101

hey is this portable storage runs on 4AA batteries which if plugged into AC it becomes a battery charger as well?

Yeah, got many generic brands for it.
My advice is to test it on the spot with a harddisk.
A friend of mine bought one new and found out it was incompatible with a certain brand of HDD for some unknown reason.
Find one with at least a download progress indicator.
If you have money to splurge you can consider something like the Vosonic 8360 or Epson P3000 which are multimedia viewers and can even read RAW files directly.

Ermm, what do you mean? The portable hard disk cannot be recognised when it is plugged into a USB to a PC? Or you bought a portable hard disk SHELL without a hard disk & inserted one of your own hard disk & now it does'nt work?

I'm searching for one now, how NOT to buy would be useful info.

Ermm, what do you mean? The portable hard disk cannot be recognised when it is plugged into a USB to a PC? Or you bought a portable hard disk SHELL without a hard disk & inserted one of your own hard disk & now it does'nt work?

I'm searching for one now, how NOT to buy would be useful info.

He bought the HDD and casing separately to get better prices.
After putting together the both of them, he finds that the USB HDD combo cannot be detected by his PC. He managed to get the HDD exchanged for another brand though.

Let them put it together and test it on the spot -but would be nearly impossible for IT Show due to the large number of customers any stall would have to entertain.

He bought the HDD and casing separately to get better prices.
After putting together the both of them, he finds that the USB HDD combo cannot be detected by his PC. He managed to get the HDD exchanged for another brand though.

Let them put it together and test it on the spot -but would be nearly impossible for IT Show due to the large number of customers any stall would have to entertain.

Ah thanks. I should watch out for this then & buy the casing & hard disk together.

Nice gadget, though. My friend has 1 and told me that the burning of the label can be quite slow for 1 DVD (several minutes).

Hmmm... I see.

Hope there are good bargains at this IT Show. Since I plan to use it with my notebook, connecting via USB2.0 would it make any difference if I buy a SATA DVD Burner versus an IDE DVD Burner?

../azul123

It'll be a difference if the burning speed can match that of the transfer speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.