Istanbul

litebrown

Mar 1, 2012
Hi!

Thought I'd share some shots of Istanbul, taken over a one-and-a-half day period.
Am still in Istanbul, and may potentially have another half day to shoot tomorrow.

A bit of background ... I'm an old skool film photographer transitioning to digital.
Did all these shots on a D7000 + Tokina 12-24 f4 + Nikon 35mm f1.8g.
Very, very minimal post processing done only on picasa. No fancy editing.
Am still learning lots about digital photography in general, and my camera specifically.

In these photos, I want to convey the landscape and sights of this historic city, without giving away an "in your face" touristy type of shots.
Hope to achieve this message.
I welcome all thoughts and feedback.

'Nuff said. Enjoy the photos.

#1 Tranquility
IS1_2461.jpg

#2 Disinterested
IS1_1536.jpg

#3 Guardian Feline
IS1_2406.jpg

#4 Purity Through Stained Glass
IS1_2337.jpg

#5 Life
IS1_1887NEF.jpg

#6 Truth In the Shadows
IS1_2300.jpg

#7 Light Of The Harem
IS1_1618.jpg

#8 Basilica Alive
IS1_2062NEF.jpg

#9 Light Through The Clouds
IS1_1802NEF.jpg

#10 Maghrib
IS1_2582.jpg

Hi litebrown

Thanks for sharing. Istanbul is one of the places I would love to visit for their rich culture and amazing architecture that varied alongside their history.

I would suggest a little bit of sharpening for the photos as well. Some of the shots such as #2 or #10 could do with a little bit more exposure. Unless you have gotten most of the WB correct and photo taken in good light, digital is still more sterile in a way and in many of the cases could do better with various form of post processing. I will usually do a little bit of light touching ups even on my scanned slides.

Ryan

Thanks! Appreciate the feedback. Got to read and experiment with post processing. Will post more pics in the future, all in the name of learning and improving.