Is this a waste of public funds?

Status
Not open for further replies.
haha.. this is interesting..

Terrance still wanna know why the roof.. haha..

I think bad taste is still ok...
as compared to bad AND fickle taste.
have seen multiple revisions of sheltered walkways in one year.

personally i feel that whoever decide on the construction of pics 1 and 3 (lamp-post) got really BAD taste, and a waste of fund.
If pic 1 is constructed with environmentally friendly material (like wood, etc) then i think it should work well with a "welcome" ambience. anyway simplicity is always classical. The old lamp-posts (especially the pre-war) are really nice.

For those who have been asking if the Cut Waste Panel has replied to my feedback. Well, they did... here it is... Really helpful don't you think?

----------------------------------------------------------------------
Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments. I agree with you that the town council should answer your questions. Please follow up with your town council.

Yours Sincerely,
Francis Chong
Cut Waste Panel Secretariat
http://www.cutwaste.gov.sg

Terence said:
For those who have been asking if the Cut Waste Panel has replied to my feedback. Well, they did... here it is... Really helpful don't you think?

Dear Sir/Madam

Thank you for your comments. I agree with you that the town council should answer your questions. Please follow up with your town council.

Yours Sincerely,
Francis Chong
Cut Waste Panel Secretariat
http://www.cutwaste.gov.sg

hahahahahahahahaaaaaaa

Terence said:

Dear Sir/Madam

Looks like you've been given the runaround on a wild goose chase. What's your next step now? Write to the town council? :bsmilie:

Looking on the bright side, they did respond within 2-3 days, so somebody's actually listening to the feedback. Not bad for a bureaucracy, don't you think? :think:

Yeah, the reply seems don't take long. But it also looks like that there are lots of Tai-Chee masters too.

I think my next suggestion to the CWP would be to shut themselves down... hehe. What a waste of bandwidth!

All my friends and family having a good laugh over this classic "not my problem, ask somewhere else" reply. I am going to point Mr. Francis Chong of the CWP over to this thread, maybe he might find it amusing too.

Terence said:
I think my next suggestion to the CWP would be to shut themselves down... hehe. What a waste of bandwidth!

All my friends and family having a good laugh over this classic "not my problem, ask somewhere else" reply. I am going to point Mr. Francis Chong of the CWP over to this thread, maybe he might find it amusing too.

it's going to be more amusing if this topic goes onto the Straits Time Forum.

i can't believe most people thought that this was a waste of fund. I just typed a lengthy explanation why towncouncil want to do that but my thead disappeared. I am not going to waste another 30 mins to retype everything, so I will cut short.

1: please do a research on what does cut waste panel handle. If your water is slow, who do you call? PUB? NO ! you should call town council. If your neghtbour is very noisy every 3 am. Who do you call? Police ??No !! You call town council. Please don't make a fool of yourslef by mailing to the wroing party. No taijie issue here.

2: So what if you have emailed town council? Do you think they will re-do every thing? of cause not.

4: your childhood will be very dull if towncouncil think building playground is a waste of fund. Who benefit from playground? kids?

5: heard of recycled materials?

anonymous said:
i can't believe most people thought that this was a waste of fund. I just typed a lengthy explanation why towncouncil want to do that but my thead disappeared. I am not going to waste another 30 mins to retype everything, so I will cut short.

1: please do a research on what does cut waste panel handle. If your water is slow, who do you call? PUB? NO ! you should call town council. If your neghtbour is very noisy every 3 am. Who do you call? Police ??No !! You call town council. Please don't make a fool of yourslef by mailing to the wroing party. No taijie issue here.

2: So what if you have emailed town council? Do you think they will re-do every thing? of cause not.

4: your childhood will be very dull if towncouncil think building playground is a waste of fund. Who benefit from playground? kids?

5: heard of recycled materials?

And the "Public Servant of the Year Award" goes to.... *clap* *clap* :blah:

Well, all I can say is that there must've been a good reason why your thread was deleted (judging by your responses in your reply above). Here are my answers to the questions you brought up...

1. I don't quite understand your point here. If the town council had a part in making the decision to acquire the sign and lamp posts, why should I not write in to them enquiring about it? And thank you for pointing out that the town councils are not responsible for water supplies and arresting noisy neighbors. You indeed have a talent for pointing out the obvious. Kudos to you...

2. Of course not, but by writing in I believe I can make myself heard. Are you the sort who would sit quietly by the sidelines and be contented with everything that passes you by? If so, that's not me.

3. The numeral 3 usually comes after 2 and before 4. Although I'm thinking of asking my town council to change it. Perhaps you already have since you left it out. Who should I write to?

4. Another point which I don't quite understand. Are you suggesting the sign and lamp posts in questions be used as entertainment venues for children? The metallic grilles on the sign seem suitable for climbing now that you've mentioned it. And the lamp posts are of sufficient height for mini bungy jumps.

5. Yes... and your point is?

Judging by the composition of the CWP, I don't expect much from it. Mostly civil servants and people working indirectly under government-owned enterprise. It looks more like a shield to prevent us from shooting our arrows directly at the ruling party.

If you want to have a fair composition of members, take people like hawkers, taxi drivers and opposition parties into the panel as well. Otherwise the current panel will just to another source of waste. Waste of time and waste of money.

Terence said:
And the "Public Servant of the Year Award" goes to.... *clap* *clap* :blah:

To all parties concerned;

You want to highlight a problem or an issue, or have yourself heard, or even share your views, then by all means, do so. I do not see any reason at all for getting personal or making snide remarks.

Terence:

For your incessant jeering of public servants and such, it simply reflects upon you, your level of maturity and the way you think. Not bringing it to the relevant authorities and yet assuming your holier than thou stand isn't solving the problem, is it? Just because you were referred to the relevant authorities doesn't give you any authority, moral or otherwise to be so cynical.

You are not happy with something, then do something about it. If you believed you have tried and it doesn't work and all you can resort to is this type of "online" bashing, then I guess your actions pretty much speaks for itself.

I do respect your right to free speech and your need to voice your opinion but kindly do so in a less offensive manner. Talking down to someone or being condescending doesn't help the situation in anyway.

Thank you.

aiyah, terence, dun stereotype public servants lah. But I must say that design and art is really subjective, they must have spent time designing and pondering on the design of these road signs. Everyone who has posted here has a point.. So I suggest, instead of being overly destructive in your cricticisms, perhaps you could send in constructive cricticism (to the correct authority) to help future projects the town councils may embark on. From your tone, you sound like you are bent on crucifying them.

Cheers, Im not a public servant by the way, but someone who has taken time to appreciate what my town council has done for me.

Well, I actually am writing in to my town council. And the reason why I poke fun at public servants is because I find this whole episode epitomises what a stereotypical civil servant is like. I jest in a light-hearted mood, and I'm sorry if it doesn't come across like so in my postings. I myself am a semi civil servant, so I suppose I'm laughing at myself too.

Anyways, my advice for all who might have taken offence is not to take this thread too seriously. I had posted the pictures for all to share their comments with, be it to hate it or to love it. After all, this is the "Kopitiam" and anything under the sun can and should be discussed here without causing too much dissension amongst the ranks.

I had a good laugh and learnt a few things along the way since I started the thread. I hope you have too.

Wolfgang:

Need to take a chill pill here buddy. Like I said, I've written in about it. You shouldn't assume anything about me or my actions. Don't know what made you say that I haven't written to relevant authorities. I had thought the CWP was a relevant authority. I discovered they were just shoving the responsibility around so I wrote to my town council. Anyone else I should write to? Perhaps of criticising me you could offer more useful suggestions. Loosen up a bit la, this is not as serious as you make it out to be.

laugh said:
aiyah, terence, dun stereotype public servants lah. But I must say that design and art is really subjective, they must have spent time designing and pondering on the design of these road signs. Everyone who has posted here has a point.. So I suggest, instead of being overly destructive in your cricticisms, perhaps you could send in constructive cricticism (to the correct authority) to help future projects the town councils may embark on. From your tone, you sound like you are bent on crucifying them.

Cheers, Im not a public servant by the way, but someone who has taken time to appreciate what my town council has done for me.

Not at all, I have offered them my thanks for turning the open drains into covered pavements and also for their support of a half way house located within the vicinity.

I'm not a monster la...

Terence said:
Well, I actually am writing in to my town council. And the reason why I poke fun at public servants is because I find this whole episode epitomises what a stereotypical civil servant is like. I jest in a light-hearted mood, and I'm sorry if it doesn't come across like so in my postings. I myself am a semi civil servant, so I suppose I'm laughing at myself too.

Anyways, my advice for all who might have taken offence is not to take this thread too seriously. I had posted the pictures for all to share their comments with, be it to hate it or to love it. After all, this is the "Kopitiam" and anything under the sun can and should be discussed here without causing too much dissension amongst the ranks.

I had a good laugh and learnt a few things along the way since I started the thread. I hope you have too.

Wolfgang:

Need to take a chill pill here buddy. Like I said, I've written in about it. You shouldn't assume anything about me or my actions. Don't know what made you say that I haven't written to relevant authorities. I had thought the CWP was a relevant authority. I discovered they were just shoving the responsibility around so I wrote to my town council. Anyone else I should write to? Perhaps of criticising me you could offer more useful suggestions. Loosen up a bit la, this is not as serious as you make it out to be.

Terence;

I did not criticise you. All I did was point out what you have done up to this point. As for taking a "chill pill", I've respected your right and allowed this thread to up to this point, for all it's worth, it's informative to everyone on who to write to or which agency to approach.

However, what I do not appreciate this the fact that I start getting feedback, especially negative ones from fellow forum members, regarding this thread. I do not interfere how threads progress but I do not take kindly to condescending or patronising behaviour. Courtesy counts for alot.

So once again, a gentle reminder to everyone to mind their Ps & Qs. I'm sure none of us would appreciate it if this whole kopi-tiam degenerates into some free-for-all forums where flames, patronising behaviour and insults are abound.

Thank you.

Wolfgang said:
Terence;

However, what I do not appreciate this the fact that I start getting feedback, especially negative ones from fellow forum members, regarding this thread. I do not interfere how threads progress but I do not take kindly to condescending or patronising behaviour. Courtesy counts for alot.

So once again, a gentle reminder to everyone to mind their Ps & Qs. I'm sure none of us would appreciate it if this whole kopi-tiam degenerates into some free-for-all forums where flames, patronising behaviour and insults are abound.

Thank you.

I don't think I'm being overly critical. It's really not my fault if some people cannot take things lightly. Anyways, apologies to all whom I've offended unknowingly.

Status
Not open for further replies.