Is this a scam?

Status
Not open for further replies.
i got a call from a person from ACE Insurance. he's trying to sign me up for some plan. is this a scam too?

I kana approach by this kind of van twice once ehind Sim Lim the other at my place multi story carpark.Tell them I dont need e Hifi or Home entertainment system for free :sticktong Hey but what is the catch, how they con people? anyone got any ideal? I kepoo ahh....:p

The infamous white van scam!

Nowdays I see scams off the streets too. An indian guy approached me, claiming to be representative of the Malaysian Indian Childrens charity foundation in Malaysia asking for donations. Hmm, then what's he doing in SG? I realised he has a strong INDIA accent rather than Malaysian, when I spoke to him in Malay, he's dumbfolded.

Thanks for your reply. :)

I've already called my service provider up, and they've advised me to remove my SIM card from the phone for half an hour. They have also taken note of the call too.

you kanna con by your customer service already izzit...remove sim card for 30mins...:sweat:

you kanna con by your customer service already izzit...remove sim card for 30mins...:sweat:

Haha, that's probably their generic reply, but at least I regsitered my report to the service provider, just in case my hp no. get made use of.

In fact, my wife just gotten a similar call. She asked me "So I just remove the SIM card is it?":D

Haha, that's probably their generic reply, but at least I regsitered my report to the service provider, just in case my hp no. get made use of.

In fact, my wife just gotten a similar call. She asked me "So I just remove the SIM card is it?":D

just end the call...thats all...because if you think back...unless u have entered your number onto the internet before...its kinda impossible for people to know your number...

but there is too many reason why they got your number...just ignore these call...calling to your service provider is your last resort...

just end the call...thats all...because if you think back...unless u have entered your number onto the internet before...its kinda impossible for people to know your number...

but there is too many reason why they got your number...just ignore these call...calling to your service provider is your last resort...

It's not difficult for people to dial +65 9xxx xxxx and hope to get someone on the line. They don't know your name anyway.

I kana approach by this kind of van twice once ehind Sim Lim the other at my place multi story carpark.Tell them I dont need e Hifi or Home entertainment system for free :sticktong Hey but what is the catch, how they con people? anyone got any ideal? I kepoo ahh....:p

Nothing is free..

It's not difficult for people to dial +65 9xxx xxxx and hope to get someone on the line. They don't know your name anyway.

also got a similar call some weeks back.. if its by random dialing, theres 1 in 10million combinations they'll get your no. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.