is there coming a LX4 ??

Status
Not open for further replies.
I bought the LX3 for my wife today, and was comparing against Canon S90. My better half is a point-and-shooter, and she just wanted a better compact for a party tomorrow.

The Canon in P mode with auto flash is fabulous. It is smarter in that it does not fire the flash at 1/30 ! As a result, the image is superb. The LX3 fires the flash at the same subject, and obviously results in an inferior picture.

The Canon is smaller and sleeker for sure. I really liked both cameras.

In the end, the HD video recording won me over, as everyone in the family can make use of this advantage. Add to that the 24mm advantage over 28mm. And more features that a more advanced photographer would want, this will help if she gets bored and decides to learn photography :bsmilie:.

At any rate, I just taught my better half to only turn on the flash when shutter speed shows below 1/15 :). At 1/15 on the LX3, picture is still crisp and sharp even in my 8 year old's hands, indicating excellent OIS.

S90 don't have HD video recording capability. :(

I bought the LX3 for my wife today, and was comparing against Canon S90. My better half is a point-and-shooter, and she just wanted a better compact for a party tomorrow.

The Canon in P mode with auto flash is fabulous. It is smarter in that it does not fire the flash at 1/30 ! As a result, the image is superb. The LX3 fires the flash at the same subject, and obviously results in an inferior picture.

In the end, the HD video recording won me over, as everyone in the family can make use of this advantage. Add to that the 24mm advantage over 28mm. And more features that a more advanced photographer would want, this will help if she gets bored and decides to learn photography :bsmilie:.

At any rate, I just taught my better half to only turn on the flash when shutter speed shows below 1/15 :). At 1/15 on the LX3, picture is still crisp and sharp even in my 8 year old's hands, indicating excellent OIS.

For the crisp and sharp photo, I don't think it is totally due to the excellent OIS. Did you try snapping again without the flash, but with the same exposure settings?
And when did this thread become a LX3 vs S90?

Last edited:

Hi,

With your valuable experience and opportunity to have these 2 hot cams, may I ask you a question.
Assume you don't have any of the 2 cams now, which one would you choose to get and why.
just have your precious opinion on this million$ question that many ppl asking.

:)

Go here and read:

http://www.luminous-landscape.com/reviews/cameras/s90.shtml

Then assess your needs and see if you'll stick with the LX-3 or go for the Canon S90. For me it was the LX-3. The 24mm lens and faster apeture through the range till 60mm still makes it a winner for me. If you need a greater zoom then S90 (both are good compacts and it's a tough choice between the two).

what amazed me is Canon actually went all out trying to beat Lumix LX-3...
1st, there was Canon G10, then Canon G11,
Now Canon S90 with the same G11 sensor and a faster aperture.
With all these models out to beat LX3, Canon S90 is only on par with LX3....
wow... i am glad i choose the lumix lx3 over Canon G10 when it first launched.

Status
Not open for further replies.