Is the big shot only for Nikon users

aiya, dun care nikon or not nikon lah... next year we all go and join... nothing to lose! :)

Yeah, agree. Since most of us are considered amateurs , it's always
Good to take part and pick up some exposure if can
Get past the selection process haha.

Kiasu attitude is to ask a buddy and teach nikon controls
First to gain the technicality first ifnon nikon users.Since technical part has
To be part of you first without thinking. You can then focus
On getting your shot . Just my 2 cents.

The tool is not the only thing that makes the picture. There is also one's creativity and one's eye.

Totally agree but the tool has to be part of u first
As I once heard Mike said during his seminar.

if i did not rem wrongly first episode, i think one of the malay contestant (a bit plump) one got mention he is a canon user... he say he got very limited time to get used to using a canon camera. so he say this is to his disadvantage.

Each episode....... everyone is given the SAME model camera and lens combo by Nikon

Each episode is a different camera starting with 3100 and ending with their flagship camera by last episode

In the several episodes near the final stage, all of the contestants had used D3s already.

Still not D3x, not yet a flagship ;)

In the several episodes near the final stage, all of the contestants had used D3s already.

Still not D3x, not yet a flagship ;)

If next year, they can launch a new flagship model on the show at the same time haha

Nikon/other brands users can join Canon photomarathon.
So with Canon/other brands users, can participate in the Big Shot competition.

Note that during the competition, all contentants must use the same Nikon camera body. Start from D3100, D300s, and D3s in the several episodes near the final stage.

So all participants must get used to Nikon DSLR bodies ;)

Saw the big shot today and notice all users are Nikon, should't a competition be for
All photographers which ever make? And no bias to makes although I understand Nikon
Is sponsor. Your views

Put yourself in Nikon A&P head's shoes for a second. You spend your budget sponsoring a show and you allow other cameras on the show with the free publicity for them, very soon you will be looking for a job elsewhere right?
Anyway, the objective is very simple, shoe the world that any photographer can use the range of cameras from Nikon to produce very good if not world class images and if another brand's user wins, can state that "Well our cameras are so user friendly that almost anyone can master them." Easiest way to gain publicity with the money spent, don;t you think?

Put yourself in Nikon A&P head's shoes for a second. You spend your budget sponsoring a show and you allow other cameras on the show with the free publicity for them, very soon you will be looking for a job elsewhere right?
Anyway, the objective is very simple, shoe the world that any photographer can use the range of cameras from Nikon to produce very good if not world class images and if another brand's user wins, can state that "Well our cameras are so user friendly that almost anyone can master them." Easiest way to gain publicity with the money spent, don;t you think?

Well, i am thinking more in the direction of Natgeo. More neutral towards gear and hopefully score a number of sponsors for the show as well. It should emphasize more on the shots and at the same time more publicity to nat geo and various camera makes. Just idealistic thoughts i guess :dunno:

Well, i am thinking more in the direction of Natgeo. More neutral towards gear and hopefully score a number of sponsors for the show as well. It should emphasize more on the shots and at the same time more publicity to nat geo and various camera makes. Just idealistic thoughts i guess :dunno:

Its the way that advertising works. Idealism usually takes a back seat to dollars and cents. Take cooking shows that has contestants using a particular brand of sauces and condiments, same principles.