Is Singapore against Earth Hour?

Ha ha, more bad news for you:
[h=2]Sale of zero-tick washing machines to stop from April 1[/h]http://news.asiaone.com/news/singapore/sale-zero-tick-washing-machines-stop-april-1

You still have tomorrow to buy your water wasting washing machine. :)

And they gonna increase to 2 ticks next year.
My God, then i must well use my urine to wash my clothing. LOL.

Also, they want to limit your shower time to 5 mins, while they continue to shower the plants in the istana.

And they gonna increase to 2 ticks next year. My God, then i must well use my urine to wash my clothing. .......

Haven't you heard of a no water washing machine that can't sell.....

The 1 hr light off is symbolic, its to create the awareness.....energy saving should be a life long effort..and multi prong, not only on cbd frontage lighting....every other thing such as browsing kopitiam....consolidating the visit rather than visiting many times per day is also saving pc power or mobile phone power... :)

Might as well shutdown every power plant in this world 1 hour for max effects. :bsmilie:

The 1 hr light off is symbolic, its to create the awareness.....energy saving should be a life long effort..and multi prong, not only on cbd frontage lighting....every other thing such as browsing kopitiam....consolidating the visit rather than visiting many times per day is also saving pc power or mobile phone power... :)

Haiz, the problem is that when you consolidate your visit to just once and post many posts continuously, some people at CS here also not happy and ask me to shut up. LOL

Not to worry, one fine day geomagnetic sudden impulses such as a G5 (Extreme) level geomagnetic storm / S5 (Extreme) level solar radiation storms from a Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) erupting due to a X class solar flare will wipe out the electrical grid here on Earth.

[video=youtube;OuBemvFyHUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuBemvFyHUM[/video]
YouTube Video ID No. OUBEMVFYHUM

RectangularOrneryBarnacle.gif

X5.7 class flare from active region 9077 on 24th July 2000 during Solar Cycle 23 resulting in auroras being visible from Texas.

Last edited:
Not to worry, one fine day geomagnetic sudden impulses such as a G5 (Extreme) level geomagnetic storm / S5 (Extreme) level solar radiation storms from a Coronal Mass Ejection (CME) erupting due to a X class solar flare will wipe out the electrical grid here on Earth.

[video=youtube;OuBemvFyHUM]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OuBemvFyHUM[/video]
YouTube Video ID No. OUBEMVFYHUM

RectangularOrneryBarnacle.gif

X5.7 class flare from active region 9077 on 24th July 2000 during Solar Cycle 23 resulting in auroras being visible from Texas.

Are you Fox Mulder?
All the things you talk are very "X". LOL

Then our trains will stop and we have to walk an hour in the black tunnel. :bsmilie:

Well, does it specifically mentioned that it cannot be any 1 hour between 12 midnight till 6am? LOL

$image.jpg
At Earth Hour now.

Haiz, the problem is that when you consolidate your visit to just once and post many posts continuously, some people at CS here also not happy and ask me to shut up. LOL

I will never ask you to shut up.

Last edited:
Then our trains will stop and we have to walk an hour in the black tunnel. :bsmilie:

Nvm la, day time train also stop. Take it as a drill for Apocalypse lor, haha!

View attachment 1560
At Earth Hour now.

I will never ask you to shut up.

Thkq bro.

Do give us some update photos once the lights is out. Would it be very dark?

Hope no low flying aircraft would slam into MBS hotel in the dark. LOL

Last edited:
Thkq bro.

Do give us some update photos once the lights is out. Would it be very dark?

Hope no low flying aircraft would slam into MBS hotel in the dark. LOL

Most of the building lights went out except for NTUC Income.

$image.jpg

If you are aware, light consumed less than a fraction of the total energy in buildings. The reason why people always talk about light is because it is the most visual thing to see. Just turn up the air con temp by 1 C, you can have the lights on 24 hours!

This green thing is also feeding many people in organizations pro ECO. BCA & NEA also driving hard thru legistrations. There is nothing wrong that we want to protect our earth for our generations to come. However, if we blindly follow and spent tax papers money unwisely, then that will be bad.

Singapore is known to cut and paste blindly. With our top down society, we simply over zealous doing lots of thing that are simply not only not practical.

Look at all the glass buildings in Singapore. Will we regret one day for pulling down nice structures to replace with bare glasses? While the west is singing loudly, did they follow up like what we did?

Its true to a certain extend. Just like those wanting their 15 mins of fame by going hungry for a day "to fight" famine in the other side of the world. Does absolutely nothing to solve the problem.