Is photography for the rich and the old?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Haha....

Just mean that if you really want to invest in photography, be prepared to spend $$. Filters, tripod lenses flashes, bags for cameras, all these cost $$. And you must sacrifice for what u have passion for.

So i think the proportion of more working adults > young students.

The onli reason i can think of is $$.

Yes. That's the spirit.

I bought my first film camera by delivering sugarcane to the stalls with my bicycle.

Then delivered newspapers in the morning on foot to buy films.

And sold roti in pasar malam to buy lens.

Why the young people of today want it so easy? Why? :bsmilie:

Kids these days are spoilt.
Want higher pay when they're only studying in poly..$5/6 to them not enough..demand $8-10/hr if not they won't lift a finger.
tsk tsk

why har?

you go and hoot mod
or
you go and disturb girls

Neither.
The latter is even impossible and you know it.:sticktong

I only bytch-slap the girls verbally.

your inbox full

i met so many highschool, young photographers with dslr ranging from 350d-400d-30d-40d to mark I,II , a few nikon , :D seem like singaporean young photographer prefer canon for some reason, and well, their gear is more than enough.

I am sure the rich and old photographers worked very hard when they were young so they can become rich and old.

I am sure the rich and old photographers worked very hard when they were young so they can become rich and old.

Lol if not they'll be old but not rich.

haha..

Yar... I think kids today are rather spoilt but not all lar.... at least all my equipments are from savings.. HEHHE... But for really professional photography, $$ is of a concern...

Is photography for pple who are rich and old?

Maybe I am stereotyping, but most of the photographers are either middle age men and above, and they are wealthy enough to purchase good dslr and lenses. Young folks like me can hardly afford a good dslr to learn photography.

wa, i am poor and young

let me sell off my camera at a cheap price to the rich and old after i saved up to buy it

This sounds more like a whinner thread.No offense though.

We,I,save for our equiments and mind you i'm still a student.
As long as you work for it,i don't see why is it an issue:)

Me rich?NO?
Hope that helps

Yeah.. it depends on how badly you want it to be disciplined enough to set aside money for it.

Young + poor = D40x + all MF.

Maybe I'm not so 'into' it, so I'm not going to empty my bank for few Af-Ss yet

yar there are young photographers..but for serious and pro photographers, they are ususlly middle-aged and have a good source of income.

and where do you get this from?

i know many photographers, i'd say the divide between "young" and "middle aged" is about 50-50 at best, in fact i think more like 60-40

The onli reason i can think of is $$.
no, to be honest, most young people do not have the patience or passion in the first place

a lot of people have expressed an interest in photography to me, but no one wants to buy camera or claim they don't have money..

then they go and do manicure la.. buy new pc to play games la, buy new bag, buy new handphone

i use my cui handphone, cui bag, ok pc not that bad, obviously not going to do manicure, of course got money lor

it's all about priorities

and besides, you don't have to start with a dslr, no one asked you to, and there are people who use compacts to shoot superb photographs.

when there's a will, there's a way. i have a friend who bought dslr after saving damn long on crap ns pay (cpl only some more).. that's $350-$400 a month, and he was in a stay-out unit.. no cookhouse, must cover travel expenses everyday.. go figure lor.

no, to be honest, most young people do not have the patience or passion in the first place

a lot of people have expressed an interest in photography to me, but no one wants to buy camera or claim they don't have money..

then they go and do manicure la.. buy new pc to play games la, buy new bag, buy new handphone

i use my cui handphone, cui bag, ok pc not that bad, obviously not going to do manicure, of course got money lor

it's all about priorities

and besides, you don't have to start with a dslr, no one asked you to, and there are people who use compacts to shoot superb photographs.

when there's a will, there's a way. i have a friend who bought dslr after saving damn long on crap ns pay (cpl only some more).. that's $350-$400 a month, and he was in a stay-out unit.. no cookhouse, must cover travel expenses everyday.. go figure lor.

I agree with this.
Many people claim they have no $$ but you see them buying so much.

Define Rich. Define Old.

Status
Not open for further replies.