Is Photographic Business Really Bad in Singapore?

How's Photo Biz?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
pointblankshots said:
Not everybody is made to be beautiful though. A model's main priority is to carry out the mood of the ad. Photography plays a major part in capturing beauty at stipulated angles. In fact, the models in the forum's not great but, remember, they're just helping a fellow pal with his/her photography portfolio. They don't deserved your comments as to whether they pretty or not. I'll agree if the photographer is probably not capable enough of getting the right looks, but c'mon, spare the talents in the forum...

One thing I know, if you ever, ever try asking Diva, Elite or the other agencies to represent you, you'll be the first one shown to the door(if, that is how you look in the forum).

WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE!!!!!!

WAT'S UR NAME? WHERE U STAY?

I LIKE U!!!

MUAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH!!!

well i dun see what the big fuss is about. there is nothing wrong with being self confident i guess.

i seldom dress up nor put on war paint. i'm happier being a a t-shirt and jeans gal.. but when i do take the effort, i look different and surely people notice the difference as well... and perhaps pay a compliment or two.

but of cos... i wouldn't go to the extend of saying i'm better or not. its all a matter of perspectives.

shall we all just leave the poor gal alone? (well at least she is self-confident :D )

photography is NEVER a bad or losing business...if you talk about Singapore...you have to talk about the phrase "Cheap and Good"...only few would say "Expensive BUT Good. Go for it!" or "Convince me, I'll say No Problem"...bla bla bla

innovas1 said:
Well.. just look at the photos of the supposedly pro-models posted in some of the forums. Need I say more? :rolleyes:

i am curious, then what does this sentence of yours mean? care to elaborate? if you meant that you didn't say they are pretty or not

do agree that some models are just out to help their fellow friends, i feel that it takes their courage, time and effort to be photographed. maybe they deserve some credits.

i am dont know too much things about the photography market, but i think it's so-so situation for now. but demand, but not a lot. can still do. :) don't think it's dying in anyway. ^_^ :thumbsup: keep shooting

I don't think she is referring to those who are newbie models (who helped fellow photographers) but rather those "professional" models on a higher payment scheme.. :think:

I think:
1. Professional models must be able to pose for the photographers, no awkward poses please...
2. Professional models at least must look professional, if do not possess great looks, at least must have style/poise/elegance/good figure.

:sweat: :sweatsm: :sweat: :sweatsm: :sweat: :sweatsm: :sweat:

pointblankshots said:
Not everybody is made to be beautiful though. A model's main priority is to carry out the mood of the ad. Photography plays a major part in capturing beauty at stipulated angles. In fact, the models in the forum's not great but, remember, they're just helping a fellow pal with his/her photography portfolio. They don't deserved your comments as to whether they pretty or not. I'll agree if the photographer is probably not capable enough of getting the right looks, but c'mon, spare the talents in the forum...

One thing I know, if you ever, ever try asking Diva, Elite or the other agencies to represent you, you'll be the first one shown to the door(if, that is how you look in the forum).

innovas1 said:
I have a lot of people telling me this. Not that I want to say so, all of the personal makeover and graduation studios I went (3 in all), the make-up artists, the bosses and the photographers all said so. And one of the studios is very well-known in Singapore, I do not hear them saying the same thing to other customers while I was in their shops. Not that I want to boast, even my friends and relatives said so too. Anyway, I was just sharing my own opinion.

Well.. just look at the photos of the supposedly pro-models posted in some of the forums. Need I say more? :rolleyes:

Anyone can reach his/her own conclusion.

innovas1 said:
ya right..

sometimes i think i look better and more photogenic than the so-called professional models.. :embrass: :bsmilie: :angel: :sweatsm:
:embrass:

vonvonz said:
i am curious, then what does this sentence of yours mean? care to elaborate? if you meant that you didn't say they are pretty or not

do agree that some models are just out to help their fellow friends, i feel that it takes their courage, time and effort to be photographed. maybe they deserve some credits.

i am dont know too much things about the photography market, but i think it's so-so situation for now. but demand, but not a lot. can still do. :) don't think it's dying in anyway. ^_^ :thumbsup: keep shooting

i think some are helping, they deserve some credits for their courage, time, effort and money spent.. But some are supposed to be professional models employed for the sake of building portfolios??

lenloai said:
i think some are helping, they deserve some credits for their courage, time, effort and money spent.. But some are supposed to be professional models employed for the sake of building portfolios??

mmm... so your point being? :dunno:

if the models are paid... they should at least have the decency to look good, be photogenic etc? or are you trying to imply its the photog's fault? :think:

lenloai said:
1. Professional models must be able to pose for the photographers, no awkward poses please...
2. Professional models at least must look professional, if do not possess great looks, at least must have style/poise/elegance/good figure.

then again there is a contradiction...

innovas1 said:
WOA~~~ :cry: :cry:
I jump into yellow river also can't wash clean!

I don't mean they are not pretty.

If someone is pretty, and u are prettier, does it mean she is not pretty? ;p :bsmilie:

If someone is photogenic and u r more photogenic, is she not photogenic? :think:

If someone is photogenic, it doesn't mean she is not pretty. Just means that in photos, she is prettier than what she actually looks. :think:

I do not refer to those gals who are kind to offer their services. Their courage is great and it also took a great deal of preparation, time, effort, sweat and $. I applaud them for I do not possess such courage, I back off under no or little pressure..

Woa.. now I am a star liao.. Notorious liao.. so sad..no face to see people.. :cry:

oh no, dont get me wrong, i am not trying to say bad or what, but very curious about the way you said it. *pat*

so i guess if the model is not photogenic, then it's the photog's job to make them look pretty in photos eh? :)

sorry. getting OT here. i'll stop my discussion. maybe start somewhere else. my apology :embrass:

lenloai said:
strange. why u link us together?

Why do u think I put the "just kiddin"?

;)

Just so happens u talk about the same things as our notorious star - Innovas

innovas1 said:
WOA~~~ :cry: :cry:
I jump into yellow river also can't wash clean!

I don't mean they are not pretty.

If someone is pretty, and u are prettier, does it mean she is not pretty? ;p :bsmilie:

If someone is photogenic and u r more photogenic, is she not photogenic? :think:

If someone is photogenic, it doesn't mean she is not pretty. Just means that in photos, she is prettier than what she actually looks. :think:

I do not refer to those gals who are kind to offer their services. Their courage is great and it also took a great deal of preparation, time, effort, sweat and $. I applaud them for I do not possess such courage, I back off under no or little pressure..

Woa.. now I am a star liao.. Notorious liao.. so sad..no face to see people.. :cry:

Ohhh!! *pat pat* Poor Innovas!

Maybe it's time u explain wat u mean by sayin "sometimes i think i look better and more photogenic than the so-called professional models.. " and "I have a lot of people telling me this. Not that I want to say so, all of the personal makeover and graduation studios I went (3 in all), the make-up artists, the bosses and the photographers all said so. And one of the studios is very well-known in Singapore, I do not hear them saying the same thing to other customers while I was in their shops. Not that I want to boast, even my friends and relatives said so too. Anyway, I was just sharing my own opinion.

Well.. just look at the photos of the supposedly pro-models posted in some of the forums. Need I say more?

Anyone can reach his/her own conclusion."

Explain it clearly, say wat u mean, and mean wat u say so noone will the chance to push u into the yellow river again ;)

And don't start tokin bout urself then turn ard to ask y everyone's tokin bout u all of a sudden.. Noone will see u if u arent standin in the light..

As it is nw, u r sittin right in the middle of the spotlight honey.

:)

innovas1 said:
sure.. No wonder I kept sneezing.. Haiz.. Yeah, I am Finally a star.

"sometimes i think i look better and more photogenic than the so-called professional models.. "
I don't understand why a post 3 weeks ago will incite so much argument?? Why do people choose to dig out my post again? Its a matter of personal opinion..

It makes me wonder if u r with XXXXXXXX and her gang?

Dearie, are u aware u are grossly goin out of topic here? With the main topic revolvin ard u again?

Dun get tis wrong, there is no argument here.. Only askin u to explain wat u mean, so tht ppl dun get u wrong (after all, ure the one cryin tht ppl r pushin u into the yellow river here).. Or did u mean to mislead with ur previous posts? Hmmmm :think:

And before u mislead ppl into more misunderstandins with ur careless choice of words again (unless again, u mean to mislead), who is "XXXXXXXX and her gang"?

Remember, say wat u mean and mean wat u say.. If u dun dare to spell the name out, dun write it out on a public forum in the first place, or u'd b incitin the masses to burn ur cute ass.. ;)

Besides, I think ure readin my good intentions wrongly.. I feel sorry tht u always seem to b the target of rebuttal frm ppl here.. Perhaps u shld examine the way u project urself online.. Unless tis image ppl hv of u is ur intended aim, otherwise, dun cry wolf.

Do feel free to pm me if u hv any comments about wat Ive said, cos if u continue like O.Ting like tis, ure jst gonna make a further nuisance of urself..

Lastly, my dearie, wat do u mean Im "with XXXXXXXX and her gang"? Allo? Im my own gang leader.. Ppl follow me.. Not the other way rd.. Get tis rite babe.. :blah: (p/s: I hang at home one.. Where u hang?)

LOL!

innovas1 said:
I wonder if all kinds of models refer to me.. .
\

innovas1 said:
ya right..

sometimes i think i look better and more photogenic than the so-called professional models.. :embrass: :bsmilie: :angel: :sweatsm:
:embrass:

innovas1 said:
I have a lot of people telling me this. Not that I want to say so, all of the personal makeover and graduation studios I went (3 in all), the make-up artists, the bosses and the photographers all said so. And one of the studios is very well-known in Singapore, I do not hear them saying the same thing to other customers while I was in their shops. Not that I want to boast, even my friends and relatives said so too. Anyway, I was just sharing my own opinion.

Anyone can reach his/her own conclusion.

innovas1 said:
well.. i didnt mean i can beat all. I'm only confident of beating just a few tom, d**k and harry pro-models only . No need to ot on this thread on my before and after looks.

I can see that in the first place you have already OT for yourself. You are indirectly leading people to OT. You sound very contradicting also. One moment you are so confident by saying you look better and more photogenic than the so-called professtional models, one moment you are saying you are confident of beating just a few tom d**k and harry pro-models only. Since you are not boasting, why didn’t I see you in any of the models adv? Your friends and relatives and all those make-up artists, bosses and photographers should help/encourage you to sign. Such a waste isnt it? You are so confident earlier, but when someone ask you to post your Before makeover, you replied saying no need to OT? Don’t understand at all. Show us how your Before Makeover and let everyone see for themselves? Rather than describing and saying whoever say whatever….pics will say it all.

Btw, mind sharing us your Vital Stats? As far as I know, being a model, is not only talking about Good Looks…height/figure for example is also important, if one can bring the best of herself out..and the special charisma in herself are what I call the plus points.

Anyway I am just sharing my own opinion too. (sorry for OT here) :sweat:

noted all replies.

eh??? why suddenly some posts are gone?

who has been deleting their posts?! :nono:

(can't take the fire.. then dun participate in forums...)

oooooh k...
i know im getting old... but is there anything wrg with my eyes?
how come from page 4.. it jumps back to page 3, then 4 and 3 again?

:think:
innovas deleting her controversial posts AGAIN? :bsmilie: :blah:

Yup she's at it again..

Well.. My cue to stop tis O.T.. Apologies to eyes. :confused:

Now I wait to see if Innovas will pm me..

back to topic...

i heard during lunch from one of my big bosses that they do actually pay very well for those freelance photogs. up to a few hundred per hour...

Status
Not open for further replies.