Is M1 mobile broadband faster now?

Status
Not open for further replies.
strange, I have been using M1 USB modem the whole day today and it was faster then when I just started using it a week ago or so.....almost as fast (as slow) as Starhub broadband at home.

I have not stopped Starhub yet, but will do soon I guess, if it keeps going like this, it costs me less than half of what I used to pay and I can also use it outside

HS

Two years ago, when M1 lauched BB service they installed a laptop with the top speed in their shop for customers to try out. The result is excellent.
Since last year, all these laptop disappeared cos customers cannot log in. Yet you said M1 BB "so........almost as fast (as slow) as Starhub broadband at home."
LOL Jukon

The service standard for Money1stBB is going down the drain ever since the plan has been changed to unlimited. I have called them up many times to complain and blah blah, they will say this is a "shared network" so these decrease in performance are bound to happen.

It seems that they do not have adequet bandwidth on their backend and not much of the problem with their own internal networks. At everywhere i go, i cannot even hit 1mbps for LOCAL connections.

I am cancelling my connection sometime next month when my mandatory 6 months contract expires and i will jump over to sinktel Mobile BB where connection speed is far superior as far as tests on my friend set goes.

I just started on M1 BB (512k) to test it out. Connection is slightly slower than my Starhub Max online when used at home. In the town area, connections is also slower but bearable. So far dun encounter any login issues, only problem is the USB modem can't work with my Acer Vista laptop at first. I have to bring the laptop and the modem to the shop for them to install some additional driver software.

I just started on M1 BB (512k) to test it out. Connection is slightly slower than my Starhub Max online when used at home. In the town area, connections is also slower but bearable. So far dun encounter any login issues, only problem is the USB modem can't work with my Acer Vista laptop at first. I have to bring the laptop and the modem to the shop for them to install some additional driver software.

u can go to vodafone website to d/l the software to be vista compatible.

u can go to vodafone website to d/l the software to be vista compatible.

thanks for the advice...its working now after I installed the s/ware from M1 shop...:D the m1 shop was near my office so I just drop by to get it done!

The service standard for Money1stBB is going down the drain ever since the plan has been changed to unlimited. I have called them up many times to complain and blah blah, they will say this is a "shared network" so these decrease in performance are bound to happen.

It seems that they do not have adequet bandwidth on their backend and not much of the problem with their own internal networks. At everywhere i go, i cannot even hit 1mbps for LOCAL connections.

I am cancelling my connection sometime next month when my mandatory 6 months contract expires and i will jump over to sinktel Mobile BB where connection speed is far superior as far as tests on my friend set goes.

You are lucky than me, I got to suffer untill Monday 15 Sep 2008 when my 2 years contract ended. Then I jump ship either to Singtel or Starhub.

Status
Not open for further replies.