is Canon EOS 1000DKIT worthwhile for beginner?

Again, you treat "senior member" like it means anything. It doesn't it just means I spend too much time on CS in my free time. :bsmilie:

But yes, you are a crusader. You feel it's your personal crusade to protect "newbies" when actually they are not newbies.

I'm not one to sugar-coat answers. I do not believe that will help people learn, and it fact can be insulting in a condescending way. It's far easier to hear the blunt truth and learn from it than get all the wishy-washy "It's good! Go buy!" answers that will never let him learn.

there is a fine line between giving the straight truth and getting some sick pleasure in blasting people out...

i'm not judging you bro i'm sure in person you are a great guy ( judging from the previous post ive seen from you ) i'm just hoping that we could be more tactful here in CS so that the forum will have a better environment for newbies like me and the TS

I'd just like to point out that the thread in the nikonians forum given was about how to zoom a lens. That has a definite answer- so, given that the seniors in the forum were patient, they were able to give a concrete answer- twist the rubber collar around the lens, FULLSTOP.

But here TS is asking for OPINIONS. Rashkae has a strong opinion, nothing wrong there- in my opinion anyways.

Actually you make a good point - if, in the nikonians forum, this was the 500th time someone was asking how to "zoom" on their newly bought DSLR, I doubt the answers would remain as civil.

there is a fine line between giving the straight truth and getting some sick pleasure in blasting people out...

i'm not judging you bro i'm sure in person you are a great guy ( judging from the previous post ive seen from you ) i'm just hoping that we could be more tactful here in CS so that the forum will have a better environment for newbies like me and the TS

TS is not a newbie...

In fact, TS has been on CS even longer than I have. So by all means, if I ask a stupid question on here after all this time, I would fully expect to be slammed left right center - because I deserved it. :p

like i said regardless of how stupid the question may sound to you there was no need for that remark
on the parallel thread you posted

"We have a thread called "what DSLR to get?". Read it first."

i'm wondering why couldn't you have just posted the same here?

i'm not trying to be a crusader here i just find it a bit wrong when a senior member handles threads like this in this kind of manner...

again ill give an example from another forum

http://www.nikonians.org/forums/dcboard.php?az=show_topic&forum=312&topic_id=3027&mesg_id=3027&page=

stupid question but the seniors there handled it much better in my opinion...

That's different.. That person knew what he wanted, but maybe he is super duper used to PnS that he didn't know the basic operation of DSLR.. (i don't think "how to zoom" is inside the manual) :)