Is a good lens necessary to take good photos?

IS a gd lens necessary to take good photos?

Results are only viewable after voting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
gd person + gd attitude + less thinking abt ur equipment is most impt lo. haha

this is turning into a equipment vs skill debate =P

yes of course. your pix depends mainly to your lenses.

haha

its true that we should take photos instead of too much equipment talk

personally i know i should hone skills til the lens cant do wad i want, but cant help but to look ard see if got new lens to try etc...

guess thats the thing about a hobby....

personally i cycle too, though not competitive, did spend some money, its fun to play with equipment too i guess to a certain extent

:)

Just go to Photo.net and u'll often see stunning pics taken with the ~$100 EF-S 18-55mm kit lens. As with any art form, it's the artist, not the tools, that make the difference. :D

Totally agree on what is define as a good pic, Lomo have "interesting" lens and you either love or hate lomo pics. For me its a fine balance of price vs quality (i.e. value)

Would help a lot with a good lens and body but good stuff isn't necessarily the most expensive gear your money can buy.

A couple of Tamron and Sigma lenses come into mind.

with a good eye and an appropriate lens, you could take good photos. u don't need expensive or top of the range pro ones. anyway, good lenses need not be expensive and expensive lenses need not be the most appropriate lens.

HoRsE said:
No. The best equipment is found 2 inches from the lens...

you mean the sensor? if it is i second that!

define wat is "good photo".
define wat is "good lens".

a gud photo for me might not work for u. same goes for expensive lens might be gud for u but not for me though.

creativity is still the most essential.:think:

ok first is the defination of good..... if its the optics and image quality u are talking about.....then yes a good lens is important...

if your defination of good is in the aesthetics, the no.... a lens is a lens...a camera is a camera...

so whats ya take on this?

the only way you can EVER take a good photo is with the finest glass (must be obscenely heavy and pro looking), a 15MP body (i think it's only true photography if one studies every mole on a models' body) and 10fps camera (so you dont ever miss a nanomoment)

and here i was thinking it was pretty damn obvious, and people still vote "no." geez.

Witness said:
i tink he meant the eye?

i have bad eyesight.... hmm, that would explain why my photos suck

without good lens, you got excuse to blame the lens;
with good lens, you can only blame yourself for lousy photo...

yes.

however, the skill of the photographer is ten times more important.

Status
Not open for further replies.